PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Thread

CaBisonFan
05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
OK...so I was off in 2008. Got 2006 and 2007 right. 2 fir 3 ain't bad. Not sure if we have an 11 game schedule. If we do...here goes: 9-2

Both road losses...including a thriller in Ames...but we get things back to normal in Brookings. We win our first two playoff games in the FCS...and the football building gets its first two home playoff games. Fargo goes nuts. Hey Kool-Aid critics...I only keep beer and diet coke in my fridge.

Brent Vigen figures it out. Assistant coach of the year...if there were such a thing. New concept...when we bring in our stud running back...it won't always go to him. We'll even pick different gaps to run to. Defensive coordinator puts a new aggressive attitude on the field. If ya don't wanna wrap up and hit...ya don't play. Bohl gets back to his old self. He pushes the team to the wall from day-one. This won't be a dominant team...but it will breathe fire.

Trampled
05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I like how you think!! I like the optimism even more.

NDSU1980
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't see how anyone can predict anything until we know who our starting QB is going to be. And, since spring ball didn't involve Mohler or our hopeful transfer, I feel any prediction is completely useless.

Gully
05-03-2009, 10:49 PM
7-4. If our defense overachieves and we get strong QB play we could be 8-3 and make the playoffs.

westnodak93bison
05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
No prediction from me but we will go as far as our QB will take us. We cant sugar coat this situation. I see the defense developing into a very solid unit, O-line will be better and potentially solid, RBs will be a solid, TEs very good to top tier, receivers- not so sure. Punting will be solid again, kicking game better and special teams must improve. If the QBs can just limit the turnovers and at least be proficient with the short and mid range passes we could be pretty good and get into the playoffs.

CaBisonFan
05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't see how anyone can predict anything until we know who our starting QB is going to be. And, since spring ball didn't involve Mohler or our hopeful transfer, I feel any prediction is completely useless.

After all of the speculating about a transfer, my gut tells me that it will be Nick Mertens.

NDSU1980
05-04-2009, 03:21 AM
After all of the speculating about a transfer, my gut tells me that it will be Nick Mertens.

Then my gut tells me 2-9

MontBison
05-04-2009, 03:57 AM
6-5 but I hope the mvfc is on the line for Brookings, I would have to come home for that, last time we were there was the best time I have ever had at a college football game, better than cat griz.

MNLonghorn10
05-04-2009, 04:19 AM
To many things have to go NDSU's way, IMHO, to get a shot at the playoffs...including landing the ASU guy...which would be a huge win.

Other things like Paschall bein a reliable RB, the receiving corps being able to catch consistantly, the loss of Wurzy etc etc.

i'll say .500 but its only May.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-04-2009, 04:25 AM
To many things have to go NDSU's way, IMHO, to get a shot at the playoffs...including landing the ASU guy...which would be a huge win.

Other things like Paschall bein a reliable RB, the receiving corps being able to catch consistantly, the loss of Wurzy etc etc.

i'll say .500 but its only May.

which is it 6-5 or 5-6 ;)

NDSUstudent
05-04-2009, 04:28 AM
8-3 or 7-4.

I think the game @SHSU will show us a lot as to where this team is.

NDSUFan_Sav
05-04-2009, 04:52 AM
8-3 or 7-4.

I think the game @SHSU will show us a lot as to where this team is.

i'm not sure what to think of that game with their QB issues.

unbison
05-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I predict they will be somewhere in between 0-11 and 11-0

DjKyRo
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Much as a longshot as it is, I'm saying 9-2. History looks to repeat itself with a new QB in his second season, and the formula we've got on the field looks good. Like I said, it's a long shot, but if these guys can get clicking I can see great things happening.

Greenie
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
@Iowa State - L, Bison play okay, but just too much to overcome on the road
@Sam Houston State - W, early pivotal game, a loss here would make the playoffs appear on life-support. Bison dig deep and play well, typical of other road games against Southland opponents.
Wagner - W, home cooking against a lesser team
@Southern Illinois - L, Dale learned from last year, has his system in place, and has some of his own recruits
Illinois State - W, homecoming win doesn't disappoint
Northern Iowa - W, homefield advantage makes the difference like last year's Southern Illinois game in Fargo
@South Dakota State - L, another last minute loss in Brookings...damn rabbits. Energy used up from the N. Iowa game
Missouri State - W, Bison are tough at home
@Western Illinois - W, Revenge for last year's stinker in Fargo. Receivers actually catch the ball this year, and no Herb Donaldson
@Indiana State - W, Indiana State is improving, but still no match
Youngstown State - W, Bison beat a tough YSU team. NDSU makes playoffs as an at-large

8-3 --> Playoffs

Da_Bizon
05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
If we land the ASU kid (assuming he's as good as the scouting reports say)... I'm going with 9-2. If not...7-4.

HandoEX
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM
If we land the ASU kid (assuming he's as good as the scouting reports say)... I'm going with 12-2. If not...7-4.
Fixed

:hungry:

;)

Da_Bizon
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Fixed

:hungry:

;)

That was close. Thanks for correcting me... 12-2 is what I mean to type.

TAILG8R
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Can't believe no one has added this yet.

I predict 100% chance of Thunder! (http://bisonzone.com/gfx/bisonzone_fb.swf)

bisonmike2
05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I won't predict our record but I will predict rioting in Fargo and a possible execution if Halstrom goes on TV again claiming to have information about a new Bison QB, then only says that he is a possible unnamed QB from an unnamed 4 year college and then fails to provide any other info for next 4 days. Seriously, why the hell do they have a media blog for if they only write an update once a week. And don't get me started on Kolpack's twitter account.

Da_Bizon
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I won't predict our record but I will predict rioting in Fargo and a possible execution if Halstrom goes on TV again claiming to have information about a new Bison QB, then only says that he is a possible unnamed QB from an unnamed 4 year college and then fails to provide any other info for next 4 days. Seriously, why the hell do they have a media blog for if they only write an update once a week. And don't get me started on Kolpack's twitter account.

While I was upset about how he reported it, he is still my favorite sports guy. He did say, however, after they dropped Chasen Stengel's name that he had 3 other campus visits to do before he decided.

bisonmike2
05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
While I was upset about how he reported it, he is still my favorite sports guy. He did say, however, after they dropped Chasen Stengel's name that he had 3 other campus visits to do before he decided.

I was more pissed that his news story the night the news broke was rather lacking in details and then there still isn't anything about it on the bison media blog. Steve is the best in the biz, it just seemed like he was taking the bison faithful for a ride. We bit on it, going full retard over the thought of us getting a big-time QB transfer. And as everyone knows by now, you never go full retard.

BadlandsBison
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
And the Eye of GottaChurnit turns to this thread like the Eye of Sauron towards the ring.

Hippy Stick
05-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Then my gut tells me 2-9

Like that's what I was gonna, like, say. Like, 19,600 people at the start of the UNI game - we lose by, like, 30 and there's, like, 300 at the end, man.

:smh:

TransAmBison
05-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd put money on it we don't lose by thirty. And for the record, I'll be one of the 300 still there no matter what.

MontBison
05-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Like that's what I was gonna, like, say. Like, 19,600 people at the start of the UNI game - we lose by, like, 30 and there's, like, 300 at the end, man.

Hippy you make Miles City worse than it is. And the best part about the whole deal is I live and co-exist with many people who smoke lots of weed, and yet none of them sound as retarted or as incompetent as you do. God never intended to make someone sound as dumb as you. We will kick the shit out of UNI end of story.

Scooter1
05-04-2009, 11:47 PM
My predictions

1. Nick Mertens doesn't have 7 seniors to win over and takes ownership of this team. I have a feeling Nick is going to grab the starting job and own it. (regardless of who comes in to back him up)
2. Paschall and McNorton have a very good year. One of these backs gets hurt for two games but Voitlander doesn't miss a beat. Big FR RB redshirts.
3. WR transfer from Cent Florida and JUCO from California make incomming FR WR redshirting a reality.
4. Ebel, Foster, Richard, Buckman, and Arndt are going to be very good once they get used to their new positions. This will be before the Iowa St game.
5. Gratzek, Fairbairn, Phillips, and Yuen T are going to make running on the Bison up the middle harder than it has been in years
6. Gatlin will be one of the Starting CBs
7. There will be a lot more sacks by the NDSU defense than last year.
8. Preston Evans will be among the best Bison LB ever.
9. DJ McNorton will be the starter by the end of the year.
10. lose maybe 2 games in regular season.

BadlandsBison
05-05-2009, 03:33 AM
Hippy you make Miles City worse than it is. And the best part about the whole deal is I live and co-exist with many people who smoke lots of weed, and yet none of them sound as retarted or as incompetent as you do. God never intended to make someone sound as dumb as you. We will kick the shit out of UNI end of story.

Skippy Drip is just another one of those UNI fans who has lots of friends and is in really good shape. And as much as Yippie doesnt want to admit it, the panthers won't be better than the Bison for much longer.

cvbison1
05-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Skippy Drip is just another one of those UNI fans who has lots of friends and is in really good shape. And as much as Yippie doesnt want to admit it, the panthers won't be better than the Bison for much longer.

hopefully that ASU QB doens't transfer to northern iowa instead of NDSU. He has a visit there.

CaBisonFan
05-05-2009, 03:52 AM

That is very 'unbison' of you. :D

CaBisonFan
05-05-2009, 03:55 AM

Which one of you is we?

CaBisonFan
05-05-2009, 03:56 AM
My predictions

1. Nick Mertens doesn't have 7 seniors to win over and takes ownership of this team. I have a feeling Nick is going to grab the starting job and own it. (regardless of who comes in to back him up)
2. Paschall and McNorton have a very good year. One of these backs gets hurt for two games but Voitlander doesn't miss a beat. Big FR RB redshirts.
3. WR transfer from Cent Florida and JUCO from California make incomming FR WR redshirting a reality.
4. Ebel, Foster, Richard, Buckman, and Arndt are going to be very good once they get used to their new positions. This will be before the Iowa St game.
5. Gratzek, Fairbairn, Phillips, and Yuen T are going to make running on the Bison up the middle harder than it has been in years
7. There will be a lot more sacks by the NDSU defense than last year.
8. Preston Evans will be among the best Bison LB ever.
9. DJ McNorton will be the starter by the end of the year.
10. lose maybe 2 games in regular season.

I like everything that you wrote...but #1 is huge.

MontBison
05-05-2009, 05:52 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I would be terrified to meet the guy lol. I just don't understand why someone would have so much time on their hands to talk out of their ass so often. Why doesn't he talk like the hick he is from Iowa because his attempt at being a stoner is very pathetic.

CaBisonFan
05-05-2009, 06:43 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I would be terrified to meet the guy lol. I just don't understand why someone would have so much time on their hands to talk out of their ass so often. Why doesn't he talk like the hick he is from Iowa because his attempt at being a stoner is very pathetic.

Precisely +++++++++++++

IzzyFlexion
05-05-2009, 12:17 PM

When you say shape, what shape are you describing?

WYOBISONMAN
05-05-2009, 12:20 PM

hmmmm......out on a limb I see......:D

OldBison
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM

Sure hope you are right about him.

Gatlin gets in more "almost" trouble than anyone else in Wahpeton. Sure hope he keeps his nose clean when he gets here.

rutlandbison
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
4-7:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

Da_Bizon
05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Well, apparently Bowman broke his ankle, so Horner has been moved to cornerback. I'm not sure if it's permanent, but maybe Gatlin will be a starter after all.

ndsubison1
05-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, apparently Bowman broke his ankle, so Horner has been moved to cornerback. I'm not sure if it's permanent, but maybe Gatlin will be a starter after all.

yup, bowman came to my class today on crutches, so it's something...

EagleBison
05-06-2009, 02:55 PM
I can see 8-3, losses to Iowa St, SDSU and SIU on the road.

WIU, Youngstown, UNI, SHSU are key wins.

MSU, Wagner and the 2 ISU's should be wins, but who knows.

Bison bison
05-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I see a win against the Sycamores, if everything goes right, maybe...

Da_Bizon
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM

That's gonna be a tough game...

rabidrabbit
05-07-2009, 04:09 AM
I can see 8-3, losses to Iowa St, SDSU and SIU on the road.

WIU, Youngstown, UNI, SHSU are key wins.

MSU, Wagner and the 2 ISU's should be wins, but who knows.

The primary home game for the Bison will be UNI. Panthers are returning a LOT, and especially on D. As another Dome team, they won't be as challenged by the dome noise as say SDSU or SIU. Win that UNI game, yes 8-3 looks pretty likely. Looking thru my blue and yellow glasses, I'd guess 7-4, and UNI makes it out of Fargo with dubya.

BlueBisonRock
05-07-2009, 04:36 AM
The primary home game for the Bison will be UNI. Panthers are returning a LOT, and especially on D. As another Dome team, they won't be as challenged by the dome noise as say SDSU or SIU. Win that UNI game, yes 8-3 looks pretty likely. Looking thru my blue and yellow glasses, I'd guess 7-4, and UNI makes it out of Fargo with dubya.

The DT who made life difficult at the UNI dome has graduated. With a bit more variety in the offense which will move the saftey to his normal alignment, I do see the Bison moving the ball in this game. I also remember a couple of top notch d-fence efforts at that game last year and expect even more from the d this year.

From my green and yellow glasses with my half full beer in my hand, I see a Bison W in Fargo with a positive emotional carry over to Brookings where the Bison appropriately spank the Jacks keeping the W streak going.

DjKyRo
05-07-2009, 04:57 AM

I can see an undefeated season if everything goes right :D

cvbison1
05-07-2009, 05:26 AM
i dont think mertens will have another 4 INT plus 1 lost fumble game like he did at UNI. That was the ugliest game i've seen in my whole life

mgbison
05-07-2009, 05:46 AM
i'd say 8-3. i like our chances in brookings better than uni or siu. i don't see sdsu doing anything offensively against us. The difference in that game is how their QB plays (whoever that is) and if he's mobile because he's going to be running for his life. also, there will be alot of bison fans in brookings, and we will be in control of the tailgating atmosphere (hopefully lcbison gets a charter bus going again)

if we can go 1-1 in the first 2 weeks, i think we'll get 8 wins and make the playoffs.

NDSU1980
05-07-2009, 11:13 PM
i dont think mertens will have another 4 INT plus 1 lost fumble game like he did at UNI. That was the ugliest game i've seen in my whole life

I honestly expect Mertens will probably surpass himself on a few games and have more then 4. The defenders all know he stares down his receivers, so picking him off will be easy. I still cling to some hope that Mertens is reduced to a non starting role. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

cvbison1
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
I honestly expect Mertens will probably surpass himself on a few games and have more then 4. The defenders all know he stares down his receivers, so picking him off will be easy. I still cling to some hope that Mertens is reduced to a non starting role. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

haha every single post i've seen by you has something to do with how bad you think mertens is...

sambini
05-08-2009, 02:57 AM
One game at a time.....

BisoninNWMN
05-09-2009, 10:24 PM
5-0 at home......UNI will be tough but I believe the Bison have something to prove in this one

ISU-SUI-SDSU....road games that can go either way....
WIU....Donaldson was their team.....Bison win easily...
Indiana St....:nod: :nod: :nod:

Defense should be very good this year.

Offense has potential.....running game should be good and if Nick can become the leader at QB, coaches utilize his talents, then the offense can be very good.

Last year is last year.......let's kick some ass in 09!!!!

:D :D :D :D

9-2......playoffs.....screw it......13-2...

IzzyFlexion
05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
The UNI game will be pivotal for both teams. Both could come into that game at 4-1 overall.
Bigger still for the Bison as they need to protect their reputation in the Fargodome in terms of taking care of business at home and avenging last year's loss. A loss would be devastating for team and fan morale. A win sets the tone for the rest of the conference games especially the SDSU game. Also would "send a message" to the rest of the league that NDSU not only belongs in the Valley, but will always put a good product on the field.
My prediction for this single game is that NDSU will go into halftime with a moderate deficit. Historically, Bohl has shown that he and his staff do a great job of making adjustments and with the Bison dominating the 3rd quarter, they'll hold on for a 7-10 point victory.

Can I get an Amen!

TheBisonator
05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
9/3 - At Iowa State - L
9/12 - At Sam Houston State - W
9/19 - WAGNER - W
9/26 - At Southern Illinois - L
10/3 - ILLINOIS STATE - W
10/10 - NORTHERN IOWA - L
10/17 - At South Dakota State - W
10/24 - MISSOURI STATE - W
10/31 - At Western Illinois - L
11/14 - At Indiana State - W
11/21 - YOUNGSTOWN STATE - W

7-4 and an improvement over last year. I see us getting the Marker back, but UNI will be too tough. We'll be in the playoff conversation at least during Saturday night 11/21. 2010 will be a playoff year and 2011 may be a potential championship year.

ndsubison1
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
i will be making a prediction once August rolls around...

Bison101
05-10-2009, 11:49 PM
9/3 - At Iowa State - W
9/12 - At Sam Houston State - W
9/19 - WAGNER - W
9/26 - At Southern Illinois - L
10/3 - ILLINOIS STATE - W
10/10 - NORTHERN IOWA - W
10/17 - At South Dakota State - L
10/24 - MISSOURI STATE - W
10/31 - At Western Illinois - W
11/14 - At Indiana State - W
11/21 - YOUNGSTOWN STATE - W

We surprise everyone going 9-2 and going 6-2 in the conference. We lose at two difficult venues, and probably make it to the 2nd round and lose to JMU. This of course, all rides on a certain *cough* transfer *cough*.

Mr. Burgundy
05-11-2009, 01:16 AM
If we get a transfer QB....find me a team with more talent.

If we don't and Nick is the QB.....6-5...and that is because may be the best in the nation. I feel bad saying it, as I am positive that Nick has the talent and is a GREAT student/athlete, but he is not putting the ball on the numbers.

Bison"FANatic"
05-11-2009, 03:24 AM
That was my prediction after seeing the scrimmage today also...... 6-5. Dang do I want more but I just don't see it happening without a transfer QB. If we get a transfer QB and he is up here soon so the receivers and him can unofficially work out together and get some timing down and he can learn the playbook then 8-3.

TransAmBison
05-11-2009, 03:55 AM
What do you guys think Bohl really plans to do with this indefinite suspension thing? I see it as holding onto Mohler if Mertens just falls apart. I could be way off. I'm thinking that by game number 4 Bohl will tell us that Mohler has learned his lesson, blah, blah, blah. Honestly...I don't care. I want to win. I know. I probably deserve to be ripped on, but I don't want to have another season like last year. I am just absolutely fed up with Mertens as qb. I think we lost our chance at the transfer, so I'm willing to throw the keys to Mohler. Probably a bad attitude on my part, but that is how I feel after the spring game.

cvbison1
05-11-2009, 03:58 AM
What do you guys think Bohl really plans to do with this indefinite suspension thing? I see it as holding onto Mohler if Mertens just falls apart. I could be way off. I'm thinking that by game number 4 Bohl will tell us that Mohler has learned his lesson, blah, blah, blah. Honestly...I don't care. I want to win. I know. I probably deserve to be ripped on, but I don't want to have another season like last year. I am just absolutely fed up with Mertens as qb. I think we lost our chance at the transfer, so I'm willing to throw the keys to Mohler. Probably a bad attitude on my part, but that is how I feel after the spring game.

why do you think we lost our chance on the transfer?

NDSUstudent
05-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Mohler has some growing up to do before he gets the keys to this car, he is lucky to be on the team, I fully expect him to get at least a three game suspension. The kid has nobody to blame but himself, as Burgandy said he pretty much screwed up a perfect opportunity.

TransAmBison
05-11-2009, 04:01 AM
why do you think we lost our chance on the transfer?
The whole drug fiasco with Schultey on top of all the other player issues this past off season.

NDSUstudent
05-11-2009, 04:06 AM
My guess is that if Chasen wants to play, here is a golden opportunity to go to a school and get that chance. NDSU facilities, coaches, fanbase, and league absolutely blow away anything EIU or EKU can offer.

He did come here after all the other issues occurred, I don't think he is out of reach yet.

cvbison1
05-11-2009, 04:15 AM
The whole drug fiasco with Schultey on top of all the other player issues this past off season.

good points. hopefully we get him. i agree with student tho too. we have a lot of nice things to offer here

TransAmBison
05-11-2009, 04:26 AM
My guess is that if Chasen wants to play, here is a golden opportunity to go to a school and get that chance. NDSU facilities, coaches, fanbase, and league absolutely blow away anything EIU or EKU can offer.

He did come here after all the other issues occurred, I don't think he is out of reach yet.
I thought the Schultey thing happened a few days after Chasen's visit? At least the news of it happened after the visit. The rest of the stuff happened before, but this last one just seemed to magnify the problems.

NDSUstudent, I hope you're not taking my comments as an attack on you. I'm tired and ornery. I respect your take on things and hope your more optimistic view is right. I just became very disheartened about our qb after the first half.

NDSUstudent
05-11-2009, 04:44 AM
I thought the Schultey thing happened a few days after Chasen's visit? At least the news of it happened after the visit. The rest of the stuff happened before, but this last one just seemed to magnify the problems.

NDSUstudent, I hope you're not taking my comments as an attack on you. I'm tired and ornery. I respect your take on things and hope your more optimistic view is right. I just became very disheartened about our qb after the first half.

TransAm you're comments are fine, I don't blame you, his perfomance wasn't pretty. After the UNI game I was the same way, but I was blaming Perles and Mertens, and I still hold out hope that Vigen can work some magic and turn him around.

I think the Schultenover thing happened right after he left town, but if he came here after the 3 DUIs and 1 drug incident he might be willing to overlook it. Bohl did react the right way to it, I think he has made it clear that is something he won't tolerate anymore. As long as things calm down, we could be ok, getting a guy here is usually all it takes for our coaches.

tjbison
05-11-2009, 05:27 PM
TransAm you're comments are fine, I don't blame you, his perfomance wasn't pretty. After the UNI game I was the same way, but I was blaming Perles and Mertens, and I still hold out hope that Vigen can work some magic and turn him around.

I think the Schultenover thing happened right after he left town, but if he came here after the 3 DUIs and 1 drug incident he might be willing to overlook it. Bohl did react the right way to it, I think he has made it clear that is something he won't tolerate anymore. As long as things calm down, we could be ok, getting a guy here is usually all it takes for our coaches.

If he wants to play, and talked to other coaches he will make the right choice*

Naturally the right choice would be NDSU and if he goes to any other school we didn't want him anyways:D

A1pigskin
05-11-2009, 11:53 PM
5-0 at home......UNI will be tough but I believe the Bison have something to prove in this one

ISU-SUI-SDSU....road games that can go either way....
WIU....Donaldson was their team.....Bison win easily...
Indiana St....:nod: :nod: :nod:

Defense should be very good this year.

Offense has potential.....running game should be good and if Nick can become the leader at QB, coaches utilize his talents, then the offense can be very good.

Last year is last year.......let's kick some ass in 09!!!!

:D :D :D :D

9-2......playoffs.....screw it......13-2...

I ditto this and add that Mertens has to substantially reduce the interceptions. Can't win games when you're playing catch with the other team. IMO Mertens is going to come out and play his game. Go Bison!!