PDA

View Full Version : Summit League Tourney

Hammersmith
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
It's looking questionable that the Bison will make the tourney, but here's what we got so far: (top 4 teams make it in)

1. Oral Roberts (15-2; .882; 4 games left)
2. Southern Utah (14-4; .778; 4 games left)
3. Centenary (14-8; .636; 4 games left)
4. South Dakota State (14-9; .609; 4 games left; magic number: 1*)
5. North Dakota State (9-12; .429; 4 games left)

*I think

roadwarrior
05-02-2009, 09:26 PM
NDSU has 10 conference games left, and I'm assuming most of the other schools do also. Isn't it a little early to be determining the top four teams, other than a good guess?

Hammersmith
05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
NDSU has 10 conference games left, and I'm assuming most of the other schools do also. Isn't it a little early to be determining the top four teams, other than a good guess?

:o :hide: :hide:

Oops. For some reason I thought the baseball and softball seasons ended within a few days of one another. I'll keep updating the top post as we get closer to the real end of the season.

Hammersmith
05-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Well, there are still 8 games to be played by each Summit team, but I think we can now see the four tourney teams. WIU, NDSU & Oak still have a chance, but they would have to have a near-perfect run and SDSU would have to stumble badly. Due to a differing number of games because of rain-outs, SDSU has a higher magic number versus NDSU than against WIU even though WIU is above NDSU in the current standings. A combination of 5 SDSU wins and NDSU losses knocks NDSU out, while 4 SDSU wins and WIU losses does the same for WIU. SDSU's magic number versus Oakland is also 4. Rain-outs could still mess all this up, but the door is nearly closed for the Bison's season.

It really looks like the tourney matchups will be ORU/SDSU and Cent/SUU.

North Side
05-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Bison are barely alive 7, 6 win over WIU. Have to win out and get lucky but you never know!

Hammersmith
05-11-2009, 11:56 PM
ORU, SUU & Cent have all clinched their spots in the tourney, and SDSU is one win or one NDSU loss from clinching the final spot. At this point, we have to hope SUU sweeps SDSU and we sweep IPFW. We'll probably do our half(IPFW is in last place), but I doubt SUU can take all four from the Jacks. If nothing else, the final weekend should be exciting.