PDA

View Full Version : Lost another one?

Hansel
04-30-2009, 10:46 PM
path to Division I basketball, never playing AAU basketball in the summers and spending his off-season from high school basketball going to state in track and playing pickup games with friends.

Nonetheless, Kelley is going to be able to continue his basketball career at the Division I level after he signed a National Letter of Intent Thursday and accepted a full scholarship at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Kelley chose the Flames over North Dakota State.

"It felt like the right fit." Kelley said. "The combination of the school, being where they are, closer than North Dakota State. It all fell place. As soon as they (UIC) showed interest, I thought, 'That was pretty sweet, that is a pretty big time school."

The 6-foot-6 Kelley said he hopes to make an impact with his scoring off the bench at shooting guard or small forward for coach Jimmy Collins' Flames, who went 16-15 last year in Collins' 13th year at the school.

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/story/?id=290339

TheBisonator
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
He'd have a better chance of making the Dance at NDSU than UIC.

Mr. Burgundy
05-01-2009, 12:23 AM
be patient my boys....trust me.....

Kermit
05-01-2009, 01:07 AM

http://www.southdacola.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/anchorman_the_legend_of_ron_burgundy_movie_image_w ill_ferrell__6_.jpg

NDSUFan_Sav
05-01-2009, 01:52 AM
http://www.southdacola.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/anchorman_the_legend_of_ron_burgundy_movie_image_w ill_ferrell__6_.jpg

welllllll YEAH!

TheDoctor
05-02-2009, 03:35 AM
welllllll YEAH!

It issssssssssss? ;)

CaBisonFan
05-02-2009, 07:03 AM
path to Division I basketball, never playing AAU basketball in the summers and spending his off-season from high school basketball going to state in track and playing pickup games with friends.

Nonetheless, Kelley is going to be able to continue his basketball career at the Division I level after he signed a National Letter of Intent Thursday and accepted a full scholarship at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Kelley chose the Flames over North Dakota State.

"It felt like the right fit." Kelley said. "The combination of the school, being where they are, closer than North Dakota State. It all fell place. As soon as they (UIC) showed interest, I thought, 'That was pretty sweet, that is a pretty big time school."

The 6-foot-6 Kelley said he hopes to make an impact with his scoring off the bench at shooting guard or small forward for coach Jimmy Collins' Flames, who went 16-15 last year in Collins' 13th year at the school.

Too bad we lost this kid. Sounds like he tried to have a life outside of basketball. There's too much focus on being focused at too young an age...er something like that. As for his 'take' on Illinois-Chicago...well...ah...he missed on that one. It's a building downtown. I've walked by it. Looks like a federal building. Wonder where they play their games.

ndsubison1
05-02-2009, 07:56 AM
"that is a pretty big time school."

Not since Martell Bailey's been there...

IzzyFlexion
05-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Too bad we lost this kid. Sounds like he tried to have a life outside of basketball. There's too much focus on being focused at too young an age...er something like that. As for his 'take' on Illinois-Chicago...well...ah...he missed on that one. It's a building downtown. I've walked by it. Looks like a federal building. Wonder where they play their games.

UIC is actually a very nice campus and much more than a single building. It is possible that they have an extension building in the loop. They play their basketball games in a spacious arena that is quite modern. The UIC Pavillion is on campus and seats 8,000 for basketball.
The biggest knock on UIC is that it borders a dangerous west side neighborhood.

UIC Pavillionhttp://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ilch/sports/m-baskbl/auto_wide/2146300.jpeg

TheDoctor
05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I'll take that arena! ;)

Bison_Pride
05-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Was he actually offered a scholarship to NDSU or was he one of Saul's contingency plans that hadn't been formally offered yet?

Jdubs21
05-02-2009, 10:48 PM
so who's our next target?

unbison
05-03-2009, 12:51 PM
My guess is they are working marcus williams hard!!!!

huckleberry
05-03-2009, 03:50 PM
williams from hopkins?

isnt he a 2 sport guy? perfect for a school like NDSU, let him play cb and bball!

instead, he will go play bball only or football only somewhere at D1 and languish on the bench

ndsubison1
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
lets get williams for football then maybe he'd be willing to walk-on for bball... we have enough guards... lets get an athletic wing

JACKGUYII
05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
williams from hopkins?

isnt he a 2 sport guy? perfect for a school like NDSU, let him play cb and bball!

instead, he will go play bball only or football only somewhere at D1 and languish on the bench

I thought Williams was having some academic issues?

unbison
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
williams got a 21 on his act.... the trouble was he had not taken it until lately

Bison"FANatic"
05-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't think it is a Minnesota guy from what I heard.

Mr. Burgundy
05-04-2009, 01:53 AM
The kid we had in today was a 6'6 very athletic wing. Not sure how the visit went. I am not sure if there was an offer or not either. I do know that they were VERY excited to get him on campus. Has some ties to Fargo which would help as well. He was a 1st team all state player.....in a large state...

Hopefully more info to come tonight.

sambini
05-04-2009, 01:53 AM
I have the faith++++

ndsubison1
05-04-2009, 02:00 AM
The kid we had in today was a 6'6 very athletic wing. Not sure how the visit went. I am not sure if there was an offer or not either. I do know that they were VERY excited to get him on campus. Has some ties to Fargo which would help as well. He was a 1st team all state player.....in a large state...

Hopefully more info to come tonight.

as always thanks for the info! Sav gave me some info on the guy as well, sounds like a good one... hopefully the visit went well!

Mr. Burgundy
05-04-2009, 02:23 AM
Visit went fantastic. Based on the time of the year, and that he is finishing up his senior year, a decision may come pretty soon. He has some other offers. Big Sky offers, Air Force, as well as walk on offers from 4 Pac Ten schools.
Sounds like he has a similar build to what Winks looked like out of high school. He is a better shooter, alot longer than Winks.
Runner up Mr. Basketball at the 6A level (which is the largest in that state). I think we have a nice shot at getting him.

Even better news may be coming very soon from our #1 target for the following class...Marshall Bjorkland. He is the kid that is physically ready to step in and contribute. He really likes NDSU, the staff etc. Sounds like a terrific kid, and if you have seen him play, you would LOVE how tough he is.

KC Bison
05-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Hats off to Mr. Burgundy. You nailed it.