PDA

View Full Version : Day 2

Gully
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Alright, who has the best chance of getting drafted? Schommer.....Roehl?

I really believe Roehl could play FB and Heck could be a possession receiver in the NFL. I just hope they get a chance.

Bison101
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Alright, who has the best chance of getting drafted? Schommer.....Roehl?

I really believe Roehl could play FB and Heck could be a possession receiver in the NFL. I just hope they get a chance.

Maresh has a better chance than Heckendorf IMHO

Gully
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
probably humber as well

Bison101
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah I highly doubt Roehl will get drafted either- too many RBs on the board, and most of the top FBs haven't been taken.

TheDoctor
04-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Do you guys realize Kole ran a 4.3 - 40???? That has to attract some attention even if he went to NDSU and didn't hve enough receptions. I suppose Devin Hester has speed but it doesn't necessarily mean he could catch the ball. Kole can catch though. My guess for possible draft picks.....Schomer, Humber, Heckendorf. Roehl, Lardnios, amd Maresh...not a chance. Everyone will be invited to camp though...somewhere. Haven't heard Wuz's name lately, he was working out in the cities and living with those guys. ;)

Gully
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes, he was timed at 4.3 but I think that's a little misleading. He's a very long strider and I think that makes it a little easier to tackle him in traffic. Once in the open though, he runs like a deer. He did get run down in Wyoming early the third quarter when it looked like he should score so the stopwatch speed might not completely translate onto the field (I doubt Wyoming's safety runs a 4.3). He does have great hands and was an excellent college receiver which is why I mentioned him having a shot at the NFL.

JacksFan06
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
SDSU WR Jaron Harris ran a 4.34 which I though would mean he would get drafted for sure, but than a found a scout's review and they said that the 4.34 was on a fast track and probably equates to a 4.45-4.5.

I'm guessing it's probably the same with Heckendorf. His 4.3 probably translates more into a 4.4-4.45, which is still really fast but not Heyword-Bey fast.

MontBison
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I was looking forward to seeing Bohmar getting a chance but I suppose that won't be happening since he went to NY. Woody Paige thought he should be considered the 3rd best qb in the draft.

CaBisonFan
04-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Well I was looking forward to seeing Bohmar getting a chance but I suppose that won't be happening since he went to NY. Woody Paige thought he should be considered the 3rd best qb in the draft.

I thought that was a strange pick by NY...being so loaded at QB.

NDSU1980
04-26-2009, 10:44 PM
I thought that was a strange pick by NY...being so loaded at QB.

Not so strange, as both the Vikes and the Bison have found out. Better to have too many good quarterbacks then not enough.

A1pigskin
04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Not so strange, as both the Vikes and the Bison have found out. Better to have too many good quarterbacks then not enough.

I guess it can work for you and against you. Too much talent standing on the sideline. Although injuries do happen and it's good to have a damn good backup.

NDSU players in the NFL: Dahl, Mayes, Drago, Schommer.