PDA

View Full Version : My Compliments to Bison Illustrated

CaBisonFan
04-24-2009, 12:24 AM
How many of you noticed the incredible edition that came out recently? IMO...they beat the heck out of any sports magazine...or any other university publication that I've ever seen...including alumni glossy promos, etc, etc, etc.

Congratulations to the people that founded this incredible magazine. I hope that it's working out financially for all involved. We can't afford to lose it.

The Fargo Forum hasn't had a real Bison attitude for a long time. We can't rely on them for anything...an obvious thing...including daily coverage of spring practice. But I 'will' say that subtraction of something (or someone) can turn into an addition at some point. May I suggest to the Forum that a young journalism major from NDSU be hired? Newspapers are in financial trouble...as most of us know.

Suggestion: Maybe there needs to be a Bison 'rag.' A daily, three times a week something or other. It could be an opening for some ambitious writers. Not sure if it would work financially.

Great job again to the people who run and write for Bison Illustrated. The photography is first-class also.

BisonNeil
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
How many of you noticed the incredible edition that came out recently? IMO...they beat the heck out of any sports magazine...or any other university publication that I've ever seen...including alumni glossy promos, etc, etc, etc.

Congratulations to the people that founded this incredible magazine. I hope that it's working out financially for all involved. We can't afford to lose it.

The Fargo Forum hasn't had a real Bison attitude for a long time. We can't rely on them for anything...an obvious thing...including daily coverage of spring practice. But I 'will' say that subtraction of something (or someone) can turn into an addition at some point. May I suggest to the Forum that a young journalism major from NDSU be hired? Newspapers are in financial trouble...as most of us know.

Suggestion: Maybe there needs to be a Bison 'rag.' A daily, three times a week something or other. It could be an opening for some ambitious writers. Not sure if it would work financially.

Great job again to the people who run and write for Bison Illustrated. The photography is first-class also.

I especially liked all the quotes they used from Mohler about the recruiting process :)

rdh701
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
I'll definitely second that. Outstanding job, it's the best magazine I get, I guess I might be a little biased. :D

Swany
04-24-2009, 03:29 AM
It's probably the best magazine in the entire world :D

While I am normally reserved in my critique of other publications, I too am disappointed in the Forum's coverage of spring ball. As someone living outside of the metro, I depend on InForum to keep abreast of what is going on with spring ball (and other news in N.Dakota. InForum is the first website I look at in the early a.m. and the last one I look at every night). Not a single story this week, so far, related to the daily happenings of spring ball is curious. The Bison Media Blog has also been lacking with spring ball coverage. Any idea why?

In Nebraska, there are some folks who run a blog in association with their publication, like Huskers Illustrated, and others who have a blog focused on Nebraska sports, the Big Red blog. They provide updates every day on spring ball. (I don't read them, but I always hear them interviewed on the sports talk stations on my drive back from school). Maybe an eager go-getter from The Spectrum (the finest student run publication in the entire world) could start a blog on The Spectrum site that keeps us abreast.

Or, if Lakes doesn't have enough to do, he could stop by practice a few times and keep us posted of the latest development ...

tony
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Got the latest issue today - fantastic!

4mcruenomore
04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Great article on the Ahneman family. Very nice people and they all bleed green and yellow. His dad has a couple of cool rings....

A1pigskin
04-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Superior. The best. :D

SDbison
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Great Job Bison Illustrated! The quality of this publication shows why Bison Nation belongs in DI. It also will helps grow the fanbase and maintain separation over SDSU, USD and UND. Keep it up and hope to see some reporting on where the BSA remodel and Arena project are going. Also, even though the football team has some difficulties now, I hope this magazine helps get Bison Nation motivated for FBS football in the next 5 to 7 years.

unbison
04-25-2009, 02:35 AM
wooo.... does anyone understand the financial commitment FBS football would take.... 20000 seat fargodome would have to be replaced......wow we cant even get 15 million for a arena.... and it would cost another 15 million annually to play FBS

WYOBISONMAN
04-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Bison Illustrated does an incredible job! I can't wait for every and every edition.

unbison
04-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes bison illustrated is awesome.... sorry for off topic post