PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NDSU Basketball Video

scheelsguy
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Obviously there have been a lot of things going on in the region since the end of basketball season, but I was wondering how much interest would there be in a 2009 Season Highlight DVD? I hope there is some, hint, hint.

BisBison
04-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Obviously there have been a lot of things going on in the region since the end of basketball season, but I was wondering how much interest would there be in a 2009 Season Highlight DVD? I hope there is some, hint, hint.

Gotta think a lot. Father's Day is coming up, I'll send young BisBison a great idea if available.

roadwarrior
04-22-2009, 02:55 AM
Who wouldnt want to have one?

Kermit
04-22-2009, 03:11 AM

Count me in!

scheelsguy
04-22-2009, 03:50 AM
I'll keep you all posted as to when to expect it. Hopefully not too much longer.

NDSUFan_Sav
04-22-2009, 04:24 AM
I'd love one....After KU won it last year I purchased video highlights of the road to the final four...then they had the last 2 games on a different dvd.....great memories.

thanks scheelsguy

unbison
04-22-2009, 04:25 AM
In Honor Of Lakes..... All Caps All The Time!!!!!!!

sambini
04-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Great idea +++++

BigBison
04-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Yes that would be sweet.

Greenie
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
I'd buy one for sure

HandoEX
04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I'd buy one on the first day it was available:nod:

TheDoctor
04-23-2009, 03:02 AM
No question...I'd love one! ;)

BeckerBison
04-23-2009, 11:04 PM
I'd definitely buy one.:nod:

Tweet SD
05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Any updates for this? What's the status?

99Bison
05-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Got to be coming soon.

scheelsguy
05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Checked on it, just about done. They were a little slowed down with trying to get interviews with all the seniors. They're kinda busy right now. Should be ready soon. I'll let you know!!!

Superfan
05-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I know I will end up buying one but I hope it's either better or cheaper than the "Seasons in Review" they did for football. I'm sorry but I think it's a rip off to pay $20 for a 27 minute DVD with 3 highlights from each game. If I pay that much for a DVD I want something that actually sparks my memory of the game. By the time I start to put it together what happened in the game they're moving on to the next one.

scheelsguy
05-07-2009, 03:10 AM
I know I will end up buying one but I hope it's either better or cheaper than the "Seasons in Review" they did for football. I'm sorry but I think it's a rip off to pay $20 for a 27 minute DVD with 3 highlights from each game. If I pay that much for a DVD I want something that actually sparks my memory of the game. By the time I start to put it together what happened in the game they're moving on to the next one.

Sorry Superfan but it's not exactly ESPN making these DVD's. NDSU has always done a great job making these DVD's, consider the fact that most college's don't even produce them. The $20 price is simply because we aren't producing thousands of them. Lower volume means higher price to produce. If you wish not to pay the $20, I encourage you to find a Bison fan who is willing to borrow it to you. Go Bison!

P.S. NDSU is making money on these DVD's for the athletic scholarship fund (as they did for each of the other DVD's they've made). If you really have a problem with the price, consider contacting them. All Scheels did was to order enough of them from NDSU to get them made.

Superfan
05-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah I'm not blaming Scheels. If I remember correctly I bought the first one from the Varsity Mart for the same price. And as I mentioned I know I will still end up buying one...actually 2. One for me and one for my nephews. I also realize that Scheels has been very supportive of Bison althetics. I love that as soon as you walk into the store you see Bison apparel...and lots of it. It's where I go to get all of my Bison stuff. But you can't tell me it's that difficult to put together more than 3 clips per game. Heck, most students now days could probably do it using Microsoft Movie Maker. I'm just saying...would you be completely satisfied if you went to best buy and bought a movie for $20 that turned out to be 30 minutes long?

Again, I'm not blaming Scheels...I would assume they have nothing to do with the actual production of the dvd.

TransAmBison
05-11-2009, 04:41 AM
No problem with the price, but I agree they should be longer. Not complaining! Very excited they even make them!! But just a suggestion to be passed on to the powers that be, make it longer and more will be sold. The seasons is review were a great beginning, but so much more could be done.

By the way, thanks Scheelsguy for making this happen!

scheelsguy
05-11-2009, 11:48 PM
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! The 2009 NDSU Men's Basketball Season in Review DVD will go on sale May 23rd at 9:00am. There were 500 of the DVD's made, so we'll have'em until their gone. You can either come on in and have head coach Saul Phillips autograph your copy, or call the store and make your purchase over the phone (701-298-2918). If you decide to call in an order please ask for David Syverson. Thanks, and GO BISON!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
05-12-2009, 12:15 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! The 2009 NDSU Men's Basketball Season in Review DVD will go on sale May 23rd at 9:00am. There were 500 of the DVD's made, so we'll have'em until their gone. You can either come on in and have head coach Saul Phillips autograph your copy, or call the store and make your purchase over the phone (701-298-2918). If you decide to call in an order please ask for David Syverson. Thanks, and GO BISON!!!

thanks scheels guy!!!

Tatanka
05-12-2009, 01:16 AM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

heymch86
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
This is great, but Saturday of Memorial Day weekend???

I hope Scheel's is ready to make extra copies...............................

sambini
05-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks Scheels guy+++ And remember to support those that support the BISON++++

HerdBot
05-18-2009, 03:47 AM

I will absolutely buy one! Just hope it's better than that defective Gopher DVD I got which they never replaced.

scheelsguy
05-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Just a reminder. Tommorow morning the DVD's will go on sale at Scheels on 45th St. Coach Saul will be there from 10 to 1 to sign them and to talk some basketball for all those there.

TheDoctor
05-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Just a reminder. Tommorow morning the DVD's will go on sale at Scheels on 45th St. Coach Saul will be there from 10 to 1 to sign them and to talk some basketball for all those there.

Did saul sign a lot of autos today? Did anyone get their DVD and watch it yet? Probably going to stop by this evening and price basketball hoops for my driveway as well! ;)

IzzyFlexion
05-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Did saul sign a lot of autos today? Did anyone get their DVD and watch it yet? Probably going to stop by this evening and price basketball hoops for my driveway as well! ;)

A recommendation for you that you may already be thinking about....spend the extra money and get a Goalrilla set up. I bought one for son 5 years ago and it still ooks like new. He beats the hell out of it too!

TheDoctor
05-24-2009, 12:32 AM
A recommendation for you that you may already be thinking about....spend the extra money and get a Goalrilla set up. I bought one for son 5 years ago and it still ooks like new. He beats the hell out of it too!

Thanks...I'll definitely keep that in mind! ;)

IzzyFlexion
05-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks...I'll definitely keep that in mind! ;)

No problem. The picture below is shown without the padding that velcroes around the post. It cost me just over a thousand bucks which included installation.
Incredible value IMO.
http://www.americansupersports.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/goalrilla-gs-ii-basketball-goal.jpg

NDSUFan_Sav
05-24-2009, 01:22 AM

when do you want to break the hoop in i'll call up slick :)

TheDoctor
05-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Bought the DVD today, only have watched about 3 minutes of it so far, but I can tell you two things...#1 it is 25 minutes long and #2 the Gophers did (or the BTN I suppose) did not let us use footage of the Goofer game. Maybe thats a good thing! :rofl: ;)

CaBisonFan
05-26-2009, 12:12 AM

Do you have access to a lot of footage throughout Bison history? IMO...people would buy championship games...and other historic games...especially in football.

DIGRAPPLER
05-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Scheels Guy:

Am I too late to get a video? Did they sell out already? My son came home from school saying it was a good video and has to have one! Before I drive into Fargo I wanted to make sure you still had some.

scheelsguy
05-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Scheels Guy:

Am I too late to get a video? Did they sell out already? My son came home from school saying it was a good video and has to have one! Before I drive into Fargo I wanted to make sure you still had some.

Still got'em.