PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game - May 10.

99Bison
04-21-2009, 09:24 PM
North Dakota State Spring Football Game Slated For 3 p.m. Sunday, May 10
North Dakota State University head football coach Craig Bohl announced the annual Green-Gold Spring game is scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday, May 10, in the Fargodome.

North Dakota State University athletics will be hosting a locker room sale running from noon until the end of the spring game. Surplus athletic gear from several teams will be available for purchase in the Fargodome lobby.

NDSU athletics will also be hosting a silent auction from noon until halftime of the game. Items included in the silent auction are listed below.

All proceeds from the locker room sale and silent auction will go towards NDSU athletic scholarships.

NDSU continues spring drills with practice No. 5 on Wednesday, April 22, at the grass practice fields.

Bison Spring Football Game Silent Auction

1. ACDC – Autographed NDSU Football signed by all members of ACDC

2. Green Bay Packers- Autographed team football

3. Minnesota Vikings-Autographed Adrian Peterson photograph

4. Minnesota Vikings-Yellow Reebok polo

5. NDSU--Autographed and framed panoramic photo from SDSU game signed by 2008 Team Captains and Coach Bohl

6. NDSU--Dakota Field Turf doormat

7. NDSU--Fargodome water painting

8. NDSU-- Bison vs. Gophers Metrodome water painting

9. NDSU--Putter set

10. NDSU—Mountable Bison head logo

11. NDSU—Autographed and game used Tyler Roehl jersey

12. NDSU- Autographed Minnesota Game Football Signed by Tyler Roehl

13. NDSU- 2007-08 Team signed Men’s Basketball Jersey

14. NDSU-Baking pan with Bison logo

15. Minnesota Lynx—Four $45 lower bowl tickets for Friday July 10 game

16. Minnesota Timberwolves—Timberwolves hat and t-shirt

17. Minnesota Twins--Signed baseball from Manager Ron Gardenhire

18. Minnesota Twins—Four Ticket Vouchers

19. Minnesota Twins – Authentic #33 Justin Morneau Jersey

20. Minnesota Wild—Game used goalie stick, signed by 2009 All-Star goalie Niklas Backstrom #32

21. Minnesota Wild—Game used puck signed by Captain Mikko Koivu #9

22. Minnesota Wild—Game used puck signed by Cal Clutterbuck #22

23. Minnesota Wild—Game used puck signed by Andrew Brunette #15

24. Minnesota Wild – Minnesota Wild gift bag

25. New York Giants – Autographed David Tyree Football

26. New York Jets- Autographed team football

27. Site Works – Engraved NDSU Landscaping headstone

28. Site Works – Engraved NDSU Coasters

aces1180
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I want the Lynx tickets!

silkamilkamonico
04-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I haven't been keeping up with any of the spring practices, but who's playing QB for the team opposite Mertens?

99Bison
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I haven't been keeping up with any of the spring practices, but who's playing QB for the team opposite Mertens?

Presumably will be Mertens.

ndsubison1
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
good i get to watch this now instead of missing it with school being out...

cvbison1
04-21-2009, 09:41 PM
it'd be nice if it was promoted a little bit. maybe announce it at the baseball game tomorrow? newspaper...etc. get a record crowd there haha

SDbison
04-21-2009, 10:14 PM
it'd be nice if it was promoted a little bit. maybe announce it at the baseball game tomorrow? newspaper...etc. get a record crowd there haha
Promote the Spring game? What a radical idea! Apparently this doesn't matter much to NDSU Admin and Athletics. Of course the idea of tailgating ($10 spots) and outdoor food vendors, beer sales is thinking too much outside the box for NDSU and Fargo, ND.

SlickVic
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
fire up the crew cab SD we'll see you in a few weeks...just jacked +++++++++

Mr. Burgundy
04-22-2009, 01:18 AM
SD....Dude, you have got to relax, get in that hot tub, overlook the land and just crush the cooler. Life is going to be just fine.

The reason the Spring game has had no attention....because they weren't sure until today if there would be a game. No date, no location, a flood....etc.

I think we can all be excited that it will be held, and I am sure with all of the position battles (and Lakes vs PL) everyone will want to show up.

RunDMc34
04-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Very good news plus we get to watch the Mertens vs Mertens battle for the QB position and I for one wouldnt miss that for the world.

4mcruenomore
04-22-2009, 04:56 AM
bisonville tailgate planned?

BisonNeil
04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I find it interesting that our friends to the North have had no trouble getting their practices in this spring. That's what having dikes and a diversion will do for you. Their game is this Saturday.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/238143/

Perhaps if God had flushed the toilet on Fargo and sent the city to the Hudson Bay, as he/she did with GF, the Bison would be on schedule also?

homer
04-22-2009, 01:10 PM
I find it interesting that our friends to the North have had no trouble getting their practices in this spring. That's what having dikes and a diversion will do for you. Their game is this Saturday.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/238143/

Perhaps if God had flushed the toilet on Fargo and sent the city to the Hudson Bay, as he/she did with GF, the Bison would be on schedule also?

Actually it has more to do with the turf on Memorial field being available than it does the flood. UND football players came down to Fargo to sandbag and they helped sandbag in the south part of Grand Forks as well but I suppose thats not to important to you. Take your complaints to the company that was unable to get the field turf finished on Dacotah field. The Bison football team had no where to practice, UND held a lot of practices outside because they had a place to do it.

Also, I'm sure the people who lost thier homes and businesses in '97 really appretiate that comment. If that is what it takes to get dikes built than you should hope Fargo never qualifies. Stay classy though.

BisonNeil
04-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Actually it has more to do with the turf on Memorial field being available than it does the flood. UND football players came down to Fargo to sandbag and they helped sandbag in the south part of Grand Forks as well but I suppose thats not to important to you. Take your complaints to the company that was unable to get the field turf finished on Dacotah field. The Bison football team had no where to practice, UND held a lot of practices outside because they had a place to do it.

Also, I'm sure the people who lost thier homes and businesses in '97 really appretiate that comment. If that is what it takes to get dikes built than you should hope Fargo never qualifies. Stay classy though.

I agree with Walaker, you UND people are overly sensitive. Get a life and while you're at it, get a sense of humor. It was a joke, maybe not a good one, but a joke nonetheless.

unbison
04-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Well maybe after 10 years and hundreds of millions spent on flood mitigation...... we should actually say job well done......To the Army Corp of Engineers...... The flood mitigation projects must have worked well for the Grand cities

homer
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with Walaker, you UND people are overly sensitive. Get a life and while you're at it, get a sense of humor. It was a joke, maybe not a good one, but a joke nonetheless.

Oh I guess I didn't see the humor after having a home damaged in the flood and losing many irreplaceable items. I guess when I look back at it now its hilarious. Sorry if there are some that are a little overly sensitive. Why do you suppose so many people from Grand Forks came to Fargo to help sandbag, maybe its so residents of Fargo wouldn't have to go through the same thing. That suprises me that they didn't want to share the experience beings its such a funny and fun experience for them. Maybe you should get a life and make sure to never take up stand up comedy for a full time profession.

HandoEX
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
@*&^*@#$!!! May 10 is only Saturday or Sunday all spring that didn't work for me and of course it's the day of the game.:banghead:

Greenie
04-22-2009, 07:03 PM

NDSU chose to delay finishing the Turf until this spring because it saved about $400,000. The gamble didn't work out, but $400,000 isn't chump change.

homer
04-22-2009, 07:34 PM
NDSU chose to delay finishing the Turf until this spring because it saved about $400,000. The gamble didn't work out, but $400,000 isn't chump change.

No its definately not. I was only stating that there is more than just the flood that prevented NDSU from being able to start on time. The flood definately contributed and took away the availability of the dome I understand that but if the turf could have been completed that practices could have started on time but more than likely would have been delayed a week or so, similar to UND. I just thought Neil's whole post showed true class and what a funny guy he is.

Mr. Burgundy
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Football and basketball conference....or field turf. Well, soon we will have all three. I am glad we chose to wait on the completion of the field turf and not for our rival to leave us in independant hell.

onbison09
04-24-2009, 03:16 AM
SD....Dude, you have got to relax, get in that hot tub, overlook the land and just crush the cooler. Life is going to be just fine.

The reason the Spring game has had no attention....because they weren't sure until today if there would be a game. No date, no location, a flood....etc.

I think we can all be excited that it will be held, and I am sure with all of the position battles (and Lakes vs PL) everyone will want to show up.
Set up the Octagon! :D 50 yard line halftime entertainment.

stevdock
04-24-2009, 01:59 PM
For the first time in many many many years, I'll have to see if I make it to the game. Having it on Mother's Day will definitely cut down on the crowd quite a bit. I know there aren't many available dates, but this is also the worst for me.

A1pigskin
04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
How much to get in? Tickets?

roadwarrior
04-24-2009, 06:00 PM
How much to get in? Tickets?

Free admission

bisonmike2
04-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Free admission

F.Y.I. - Tickets to the spring game make a great mothers day gift.

A1pigskin
04-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey, that's my favorite price. LOL. :D :D