PDA

View Full Version : 2009 MVFC Non-Conference Schedule Breakdown

NDSUstudent
04-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Here is the complete 2009 MVFC non-conference breakdown...

Ind. St: Quincy, @ Louisville, EIU
Ill. St: @EIU, @Illinois, Austin Peay
MSU: @Arkansas, UT-Martin, Murray State
NDSU: @Iowa State, @Sam Houston, Wagner
SDSU: Georgia Southern, @Cal Poly, @Minnesota
SIU: @Marshall, Southwest Baptist, @SEMO
UNI: @Iowa, USD, St Francis
WIU: @Sam Houston, @Northern Ill., SFA
YSU: @Pitt, Austin Peay, @Northeastern

FBS: 9

FCS
CAA: 1
GWFC: 2
NEC: 2
OVC: 7
SLC: 3
SoCon: 1

Non-DI: 2

EagleBison
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
IMO, UNI has the easiest, and SDSU the hardest. :)

ndsubison1
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
sdsu has another brutal schedule

bisonmike2
04-21-2009, 08:47 PM
sdsu has another brutal schedule

Came here to say this. Looks like they scheduled themselves out of the playoffs yet again.

ndsubison1
04-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Came here to say this. Looks like they scheduled themselves out of the playoffs yet again.

agreed... guaranteed 4 losses and counting, maybe 5

NDSUstudent
04-21-2009, 08:58 PM
SIU has put themselves in a tough spot, with an FBS game and a DII they will likely have to go 8-1 to get into the playoffs. Why a team that has so much returning would schedule like that is beyond me.

cabis
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
SIU has put themselves in a tough spot, with an FBS game and a DII they will likely have to go 8-1 to get into the playoffs. Why a team that has so much returning would schedule like that is beyond me.
They will probably be favored over Marshall. It is definately the most winnable of the FBS games and the commitee likes FBS wins so it might not be as crazy as it looks.

NDSUstudent
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
They will probably be favored over Marshall. It is definately the most winnable of the FBS games and the commitee likes FBS wins so it might not be as crazy as it looks.

If they don't beat Marshall they will be in some trouble, having both SDSU and UNI on the road isn't going to make things any easier on them. My real gripe is with Southwest Baptist, you think they could find a Wagner College to kick around.

I just checked out SIU's board and it sounds like Lennon has said this will be their last DII game under his watch. Marshall by the way returns 15 starters.

tjbison
04-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Here is the almost complete 2009 MVFC non-conference breakdown...

Ind. St: @ Louisville, EIU, TBA
Ill. St: @EIU, @Illinois, Austin Peay
MSU: @Arkansas, UT-Martin, Murray State
NDSU: @Iowa State, @Sam Houston, Wagner
SDSU: Georgia Southern, @Cal Poly, @Minnesota
SIU: @Marshall, Southwest Baptist, @SEMO
UNI: @Iowa, USD, St Francis
WIU: @Sam Houston, @Northern Ill., SFA
YSU: @Pitt, Austin Peay, @Northeastern

FBS: 9

FCS
CAA: 1
GWFC: 2
NEC: 2
OVC: 7
SLC: 3
SoCon: 1

Non-DI: 1

I personally would like to see a few more of these on every MVFC teams OOC schedule those are the conferences we will need to beat to win a NC. also anyone notice no Big Fluffy Sky teams on any of these hmmmm.. glad we ain't in that league:nod:

NDSUstudent
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
In a few years there will be 14 teams in the CAA so there will be plenty of opportunities to schedule games.

tjbison
04-22-2009, 12:09 AM
In a few years there will be 14 teams in the CAA so there will be plenty of opportunities to schedule games.

I hope so, I'm sooo looking forward to GSU coming up here next year!! and I would love to get into a couple home and homes with other SOCON, CAA! I just like to play them and see where we compare, they seem so athletic and quick on TV.

rabidrabbit
04-22-2009, 04:26 AM
IMHO, SDSU will win both the GaSouthern, and Cal Poly games this year. Likewise, I see Jacks at either 7-1, or 6-2 in the conference.

Given how the SDSU/NDSU games have gone, IMHO, Jacks are returning more talent than the Bison, so should be favored at CAS.

bisonhusker
04-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I hope SDSU is great this year. I would love it if they could fill their side of the stadium at "CAS." If it isn't some form of a hunting opener, that should help.

NDSUstudent
04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Sounds like coach Stig has an issue with NDSU "buying wins" or at least one of their posters said he did.

zooropa
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Sounds like coach Stig has an issue with NDSU "buying wins" or at least one of their posters said he did.

Well, frankly, in FCS, you're danged if you do and danged if you don't.

Besides, while SDSU had enough wins for a playoff berth, and one more win would've gotten them in, they wouldn't've been a fundamentally different squad with the extra win.

Greenie
04-23-2009, 08:27 PM

The goal is to make the playoffs. Period. And you need 8 DI wins to do it coming from the MVC.

I have no problem with scheduling a "gimme" at home each year, especially when playing a FBS road game that same season. You don't get "feel good" or "at least we scheduled the best teams" points for playing a murder schedule and not making the playoffs. Stig is just chapped because SDSU can't afford to buy home games like NDSU, Montana, etc.

SDbison
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I hope SDSU is great this year. I would love it if they could fill their side of the stadium at "CAS." If it isn't some form of a hunting opener, that should help.
SDSU will have a tough time filling their side of the stadium for the NDSU game this year since it is on pheasant opener. If NDSU only has one loss going into this game there might be 7000 Bison fans and only 5000 SDSU fans.:D

KUlawJack
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
SDSU will have a tough time filling their side of the stadium for the NDSU game this year since it is on pheasant opener. If NDSU only has one loss going into this game there might be 7000 Bison fans and only 5000 SDSU fans.:D

You put the smiley in, but actually you might be right! Pheasant opener is notoriously bad. It sickens me, but that is how it works I guess. Maybe because its the Dakota Marker game some of those hunters will get on the road after they kill their pheasants and get to CAS. It is a 6PM start. I will be there for my first Dakota Marker game since 2006, so I am excited.

zooropa
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Scrupulous hunters should bag their limit by about 9:00 AM if not sooner, judging by how many pheasants I saw last weekend.

KUlawJack
04-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Scrupulous hunters should bag their limit by about 9:00 AM if not sooner, judging by how many pheasants I saw last weekend.

Too bad opening day hunting starts at noon. Maybe they can be done by 1PM and be to the Backyard by 2PM when it opens then.

zooropa
04-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Too bad opening day hunting starts at noon. Maybe they can be done by 1PM and be to the Backyard by 2PM when it opens then.

Guess it's pretty clear where I'm at in the 'hunter/non-hunter' scheme of things.

There are a TON of pheasants out there, though.......

BisonNolesFan77
04-24-2009, 03:28 AM

Kind of funny...must have the same problem with UNI and SIU and so on...If he wants to play the best of the best year in and year out, thats great, but everyone schedules a gimme or two...

NDSUstudent
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM
The MVFC schedule is now complete after Indiana State announced a game with the football powerhouse that is Quincy University.

rabidrabbit
04-26-2009, 12:58 AM
The MVFC schedule is now complete after Indiana State announced a game with the football powerhouse that is Quincy University.

OMG! ISU Blue may get a win!

tjbison
04-26-2009, 05:03 AM

If they think they are making the playoffs scheduling the toughest games every year they will only hurt themselves!! Buying wins, nearly every power team in the country does it why else would Iowa St ( and they are NOT a power team) have put SDSU on their schedule last year??? because SDSU is a huge money maker for them YEAH thats it!!

FBS scheduling FCS = Buying wins
FCS sceduling lower FCS= buying wins
same difference all the wins count toward playoff and Bowl elegibility it a no brainer