PDA

View Full Version : A Fresh Start

NDSUstudent
04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
This year's Bison team will feature a bunch of new contributors, a new Offensive Cordinator, a new Defensive Cordinator, and a new LB coach, so instead of dwelling on what wasn't can we finally move ahead?

I know I am looking forward to seeing guys like Austin Richard, Matt Veldman, Matt Voigtlander, and Preston Evens see more time on the field.

I am just as pumped as Burgandy for what impact Sidney Haynes can bring to the team.

I'm excited to see what kind of new ideas Brent Vigen can bring to the offense and the Bison defense was solid before so I can't wait to see what they can do under a cordinator like Mike Breske.

It is spring, time for some new hope and new life.

CaBisonFan
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
This year's Bison team will feature a bunch of new contributors, a new Offensive Cordinator, a new Defensive Cordinator, and a new LB coach, so instead of dwelling on what wasn't can we finally move ahead?

I know I am looking forward to seeing guys like Austin Richard, Matt Veldman, Matt Voigtlander, and Preston Evens see more time on the field.

I am just as pumped as Burgandy for what impact Sidney Haynes can bring to the team.

I'm excited to see what kind of new ideas Brent Vigen can bring to the offense and the Bison defense was solid before so I can't wait to see what they can do under a cordinator like Mike Breske.

It is spring, time for some new hope and new life.

It's all about how the team forms. Talent is not an issue in the Bison camp. Over-all...we're loaded.

Agreed

unbison
04-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I think that the defense should be a huge concern..... this is defense that lost a lot of starters... and a defense that was very shakey at times!!!! correct me if i am wrong but we lost both d ends.....2 starting linebackers...... a safety that is getting looks at the next level..... and we gave up 340 yards rushing once last year and this does not concern you people..... get the dam koolaid out folks

NDSUstudent
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I think that the defense should be a huge concern..... this is defense that lost a lot of starters... and a defense that was very shakey at times!!!! correct me if i am wrong but we lost both d ends.....2 starting linebackers...... a safety that is getting looks at the next level..... and we gave up 340 yards rushing once last year and this does not concern you people..... get the dam koolaid out folks

When we gave 340 yards rushing the defense was decimated with injuries. After that game the rushing defense was greatly improved...

SIU-144
WIU-148
UNI-102
Ill St-51
Ind St-103
MSU-82
SDSU-104

I like our defense..

Boyer-Fairbairn-Gratzek-??(who knows about Johnson)
Evens-Henry/Beson-Anderson/Kittleson
Bowman-Colvin/Mitchell
Lemon/Osborn-Belmont

Don't forget about guys that can flat out fly like Kevin Jackson and Gatlin. The defense has the potential to be very good, especially if somebody can step up at DE. We only have about a thousand DE recruits coming in, most of them very highly regarded.

unbison
04-19-2009, 07:53 PM
you are speaking as if we have a already proven defense.... which we dont i do also believe they have the potential to do well..... but after last season i am playing the wait and see game with bison football..... same as i do with the vikings....... high hopes dashed is to hard on my emotions i wear on my sleeve..... I also believe that more criticism should be directed at photo op bohl..... he has tried very hard to be the face of bison athletics..... so when his team fails.... he should be fed to the wolves...... or maybe his old buddies from university of nebraska.... heard him o cordinator that was there at his time are real close

CaBisonFan
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
you are speaking as if we have a already proven defense.... which we dont i do also believe they have the potential to do well..... but after last season i am playing the wait and see game with bison football..... same as i do with the vikings....... high hopes dashed is to hard on my emotions i wear on my sleeve..... I also believe that more criticism should be directed at photo op bohl..... he has tried very hard to be the face of bison athletics..... so when his team fails.... he should be fed to the wolves...... or maybe his old buddies from university of nebraska.... heard him o cordinator that was there at his time are real close

I will ne-ver view the Bison like I do the Vikings. That is an insult. The Bison expect to win. The Vikings hope.

Winning programs expect to win every year. When they don't...they're extremely, extremely disappointed. The Vikings hope for a 9-7 season and an away playoff game.

The expectation in the Bison camp is to have seasons like 2007 and 2008. I'm a fan that expects them to win. That's what NDSUstudent is expressing. We don't keep kool-aid in the house.

Got a problem with a little optimism when there's been a cloud hanging for a while?

One other thing: Bison coaches that don't win are fired historically. Bohl won't be an exception. He knows it better than we do. So he came out of the turmoil in Lincoln tarnished. So what? That's a completely screwed up program. They threw the baby out with the bathwater and they blame Bohl ?? lol

Nebraska...where the leadership allowed the tradition to completely go away.

CaBisonFan
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
When we gave 340 yards rushing the defense was decimated with injuries. After that game the rushing defense was greatly improved...

SIU-144
WIU-148
UNI-102
Ill St-51
Ind St-103
MSU-82
SDSU-104

I like our defense..

Boyer-Fairbairn-Gratzek-??(who knows about Johnson)
Evens-Henry/Beson-Anderson/Kittleson
Bowman-Colvin/Mitchell
Lemon/Osborn-Belmont

Don't forget about guys that can flat out fly like Kevin Jackson and Gatlin. The defense has the potential to be very good, especially if somebody can step up at DE. We only have about a thousand DE recruits coming in, most of them very highly regarded.

And...last year's defense was hung out to dry by the offense. I'd say they did pretty well...considering that they had no legs left by mid-third quarter. Three & outs have a way of doing that.

I like the roster that you has listed.

Jdubs21
04-19-2009, 08:57 PM
we lose great players every year...but year in and year out other players are waiting for their shot to step up and be the new star, we have plenty of kids right now probably in the weight room as we speak

CaBisonFan
04-19-2009, 09:50 PM
we lose great players every year...but year in and year out other players are waiting for their shot to step up and be the new star, we have plenty of kids right now probably in the weight room as we speak

Right...on...Jdubs. reps

bkit29
04-20-2009, 12:19 AM

Great teams dont rebuild, they RELOAD! Thats what we will see this year. I also think we will see the Mertens that played in the SDSU game all year.

CAN I GET A AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod:

99Bison
04-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I will ne-ver view the Bison like I do the Vikings. That is an insult. The Bison expect to win. The Vikings hope.

Winning programs expect to win every year. When they don't...they're extremely, extremely disappointed. The Vikings hope for a 9-7 season and an away playoff game.

So true....

BraxtonT
04-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Great teams dont rebuild, they RELOAD! Thats what we will see this year. I also think we will see the Mertens that played in the SDSU game all year.

CAN I GET A AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod:

Hopefully the coaches realize that 'protecting' him last year was a huge mistake. With the current lack of depth, will they revert back to that same strategy? Boy, I hope not. Tell him to run with the ball when he's in doubt. If he gets hurt, so be it.

Bisonfan8
04-20-2009, 06:38 AM
I also love the defense this year. I think Gratzek will become a leader. And i really like Kittelson from what i have seen.