PDA

View Full Version : Zach Wentz

4mcruenomore
04-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Any chance he might want to give QB a chance again??

UTH
04-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Given current events, that is a very good question that warrants plenty of discussion. This is also a good way to take things a little more forward-looking, instead of deciding whether the football team's misguided youth deserve 'Death' or just a 'Three game suspension'.:banghead:

Personally, I think it's well worth a look, but I'm not too confident he'd end up very high in the depth chart (as short as it currently is:hide:). For all intents and purposes, he'd essentially be just walking in off the street. Then again, Keanu Reeves' best film addresses a very analogous situation.

4mcruenomore
04-18-2009, 04:54 AM
He's a player, and maybe now there would be some scholly money to be QB. We HAVE gotten good QB's from Bis before.......maybe lakes forgot.

UTH
04-18-2009, 05:01 AM
He's a player, and maybe now there would be some scholly money to be QB. We HAVE gotten good QB's from Bis before.......maybe lakes forgot.

To heck with what lakes remembers. Is Zach in a position to be able to make a difference right away? That's the question that I think needs to be answered here. I have no idea...

lakesbison
04-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Feeneys my bud,,,,

jose will be back by conference time, relax.,,,,,

Trampled
04-18-2009, 05:48 AM
But who wants him? He better be off the charts if in fact he is allowed to stay. Really, Bohl runs a tight ship ( even though lately it might not appear to be so) A freshman with his brief tenure here, to have 2 huge strikes against him, I don't think it is going to happen. I think at this time Mohler has different priorities in his life. I agree with SDbison...we are in deep trouble. I really hope Mertens can come through cuz I lost alot of faith in Mohler.

Trampled
04-18-2009, 05:57 AM
An addition to my last comment....cockiness and arrogance is not the way I would describe the best NDSU players from the past. Hard work, durability, team players, proving it on the field is more how I would describe the best of the bison. I just don't see this with a freshman that has these type of problems already. He hasn't proven anything yet! I think you are wrong Lakes. The swagger has to be earned.

unbison
04-18-2009, 11:30 AM
why not get the best qb on campus out there.......come on freddie coleman.... rescue us

56BISON73
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
An addition to my last comment....cockiness and arrogance is not the way I would describe the best NDSU players from the past. Hard work, durability, team players, proving it on the field is more how I would describe the best of the bison. I just don't see this with a freshman that has these type of problems already. He hasn't proven anything yet! I think you are wrong Lakes. The swagger has to be earned.

How true. :nod:

THEsocalledfan
04-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Feeneys my bud,,,,

Man, Lakes, you drop more names than turds.....

UTH
04-18-2009, 05:04 PM
But who wants him? He better be off the charts if in fact he is allowed to stay. Really, Bohl runs a tight ship ( even though lately it might not appear to be so) A freshman with his brief tenure here, to have 2 huge strikes against him, I don't think it is going to happen. I think at this time Mohler has different priorities in his life. I agree with SDbison...we are in deep trouble. I really hope Mertens can come through cuz I lost alot of faith in Mohler.

This thread is about Zach Wentz.:banghead: Look at the title. Where is the relevance????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ndsubison1
04-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Wentz is on a full-scholly now and is doing pretty well for the baseball team, doubt he would play QB if asked... but hey you never know

Mr. Burgundy
04-18-2009, 11:11 PM
The same baseball team that lost to SDSU 19-0? Awesome. Grab a helmet Zach, you are now the backup with a 50/50 shot a playing against Iowa State.

unbison
04-20-2009, 01:34 AM
excuse me they split the series with the bunnies

westnodak93bison
04-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Does Zach have a realistic chance at getting drafted by MLB? If he does then I highly doubt he would mess around with football.

Trampled
04-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Feeneys my bud,,,,

jose will be back by conference time, relax.,,,,,

In response to this. That is the relevance.

DjKyRo
04-20-2009, 07:35 AM
I graduated HS with Zach and have seen firsthand many, many times that this guy can deliver. I know he was upset about being denied a QB spot upon signing with NDSU - Bohl originally wanted him on as a D-lineman, but he wouln't have it and went with baseball instead. I think he should seriously consider it if asked, and he's a smart enough guy to know that he can make a huge difference.

For a quick bit of perspective, the year he started on QB he bought a team to a single-loss (not counting postseason) season, this at a school that perpetually sucks at nearly every sport (this coming from a guy who went there, don't get me wrong.). I think he definitely can make an impact here. He's got a great head for the game, is an absolute genius in pretty much every aspect of life, and knows what it takes to lead a football team to an insane season in spite of skepticism.

HandoEX
04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
why not get the best qb on campus out there.......come on freddie coleman.... rescue us

^ This!!!!

Bison bison
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
(if they change game day to monday, there are a lot of folks on here who would be excellent quarterbacks...)

bisonpride
04-21-2009, 03:36 AM
The same baseball team that lost to SDSU 19-0? Awesome. Grab a helmet Zach, you are now the backup with a 50/50 shot a playing against Iowa State.

Thats baseball. The Yankees gave up 12 runs in one inning. Games like that happen no matter what the level. In the first game of the weekend they are not going to blow their entire bull pen in a game that is already lost. Some body is going to have to wear it. Thats why there is a 56 game season. It is not like basketball or football. A lot depends on how the starting pitcher that game throws. Unlike softball you cant throw the same pitcher every game. Considering Zach was named conference pitcher of the week (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12103&SPID=706&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3724485) I dont think he should join the football team. Problem #1 would be football allowing him to play baseball especially since he would be a QB. His future beyond college is baseball. If you want to look at an example, football injuries killed Kole Zimmermans chance at being signed by an organization. 2 ACLs and a major shoulder injury will put a big X on the file before he would even get a chance. Wentz is too good of a baseball player to risk that opportunity. Had Zimmerman just played baseball, not gotten injured and be able to focus on just baseball he probably would have been signed by an organization at the conclusion of his NDSU career. Instead football dragged him away from half of each season for spring football further hindering his baseball development.

unbison
04-21-2009, 04:16 AM
odds of playing qb in the NFL from NDSU 1-1,000,000
odds of pitching in MLB from NDSU 1-10,000

lakesbison
04-21-2009, 05:03 AM
odds of pissing someone off on bisonville. 3.5 - 1

roadwarrior
04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Zach was named Summit pitcher of the week.

bisonpride
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
The best QB on the baseball team might not be Wentz.....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/238124/

4mcruenomore
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
So basicly, the best QB's on campus don't play football. So NDSU can recruit QB's?

BisonNeil
04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
So basicly, the best QB's on campus don't play football. So NDSU can recruit QB's?

Apparently so, I stand corrected and am willing to take my beating like a man.

AEBison1998
04-24-2009, 02:19 AM
I don't know...do you think he is better than Feddy Coleman? :)