PDA

View Full Version : Post graduation plans?

BSNFN_2009
04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
So I was on a plane to Denver the other day and who walked onto the plane and sat in front of me but Brett Winkelman! I was wondering where he was going - personal trip or was he going somewhere for a tryout with the Nuggets or job interview?

So I got to thinking - what has everyone heard about what the seniors' plans are post-graduation? Sorry if someone else has posted this question somewhere else already, I'm new to the Bisonville community...

Mr. Burgundy
04-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Woody will get some looks at NBA camps. Winks (who will be a millionaire someday in the corporate world) and Nellie are going to make some money playing overseas, and Luke will be a great teacher.

I am going to miss watching that group. Amazing how we sometimes forget how great Mike Nelson was. We don't win the Summit without his defense on Kangus. Great kid from a great family. Good times.

Time to reload.....

unbison
04-18-2009, 01:39 AM
I agree Burgandy...... I believe that in big games often times nelson was the second best player on the court and sometimes it was tveidt...... in big games being milwaukee this year or any time in that state nelson was unstopable offensively

NDSUFan_Sav
04-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Woody will get some looks at NBA camps. Winks (who will be a millionaire someday in the corporate world) and Nellie are going to make some money playing overseas, and Luke will be a great teacher.

I am going to miss watching that group. Amazing how we sometimes forget how great Mike Nelson was. We don't win the Summit without his defense on Kangus. Great kid from a great family. Good times.

Time to reload.....

I agree Burgandy...... I believe that in big games often times nelson was the second best player on the court and sometimes it was tveidt...... in big games being milwaukee this year or any time in that state nelson was unstopable offensively

Agree with both of you...such a great class to be apart of....even getting to know these guys off of the court has been a blast.

Nelson gave everything thing he had on the court and you could tell by his hustle against Kansas early, Winks had 10+ points for many many games, Luke played good defense on big guys and I was one to give him crap early, but now that I look back at it I regret it he's such a great guy and did everything he was told, well Woodside we all know what he did, if he was having off nights shooting, he'd find a way to get others the ball or get to the line and make things happen.

Nelson and Winks will probably get looked at overseas.
Luke will be amazing teacher like Burgundy stated
Woody will get looked at possibly in the draft and if not camps and might be picked up in the Free Agency and if not we'll see him make an amazing impact overseas as well and possibly come back to the NBA someday.

BisonBlogger
04-19-2009, 04:57 AM
What may turn out to be the most amazing thing about these graduating Seniors is how they competed at the D1 level from the moment they stepped on the floor as redshirt freshman.

It may be a long time again until any player starts as a freshman and averages double figures all four years they play. The fact that Woody, Winks and Mike did that was truely amazing. Not only did those three score but they all competed, including Luke, with whomever they played against.

It probably shows their mental toughness more than physical ability. Most players transitioning from high school to the D1 level at college just don't get comfortable for quite some time with the speed of the game and the athletes they are playing against.

What a ride it was, but hopefully they put NDSU on the basketball map enough that the recruits of the future will want to go on to bigger and better things.

SamsRams
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Yeah I feel you and Burgandy there. At the USC game it was very hard to convince people that Nelson was not the guy who put up 60 in a game. It's not that they didn't think woody was good, they just didn't see how Nelson wasn't the best Bison

Kemo
04-24-2009, 02:21 AM

Time to reload.....
I think I speak for all SDSU fans in that we will not miss seeing these kids on the court... at least at SDSU/NDSU games :D

... but I do wish them the best in whatever they choose to do after they graduate