PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Tingelstad

BISONFAN87
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I have heard that Ashley Tingelstad is going to be playing basketball for the Bison. Does anyone know if she is still going to run track? The seasons cross for indoor track and basketball, is it possible for her to do both sports?

tony
04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I have heard that Ashley Tingelstad is going to be playing basketball for the Bison. Does anyone know if she is still going to run track? The seasons cross for indoor track and basketball, is it possible for her to do both sports?

Track, I think, is unique in that it complements other sports so well. I'm guessing she'll only run outdoor track if she plays basketball.

bmbollig
04-30-2009, 01:00 AM
She will do BOTH :D

Castor Troy
04-30-2009, 11:21 AM
With her 400 times Ryun could bump her up to the 800 and she could be the next Hermanson. Laura's 400 times were very similar to Ashley's. But with her playing basketball they will most likely have her stick with the long sprints. Sue Faus was successful playing basketball and running track so I am sure that Ashley will be just fine.

BlueKeyAlum
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM
She will do BOTH :D

Great speed in the Bison backcourt if she joins the basketball team.

tony
06-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Update on Ashley... she moved into the finals in the 100, 200, and 400 with the best times in the 100 (12.08) and 400 (56.65). She also ran the 200 in sub-25 seconds. Her three times would be borderline top 10 at NDSU.

Castor Troy
06-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Update on Ashley... she moved into the finals in the 100, 200, and 400 with the best times in the 100 (12.08) and 400 (56.65). She also ran the 200 in sub-25 seconds. Her three times would be borderline top 10 at NDSU.

I know that having Ashley on the basketball team was the main reason she came to NDSU. She REALLY loves basketball and was going to go to a smaller school so she can do both. The 2 coaches involved are working together on this and they will make it work, but this is not the ideal situation for either program.

tcbison
06-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Well, Laura Hermanson came to NDSU to run track and also play soccer. Eventually she picked track and it has turned out pretty well for her and for NDSU. Let's hope the same works for Ashley.

tony
06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Ashley didn't quite sweep the sprints this year. She won the 100 and 400 and took second in the 200... not bad at all :)

BlueKeyAlum
06-07-2009, 01:03 AM
I know that having Ashley on the basketball team was the main reason she came to NDSU. She REALLY loves basketball and was going to go to a smaller school so she can do both. The 2 coaches involved are working together on this and they will make it work, but this is not the ideal situation for either program.

If Tinglestad is on the team, we should have the fastest team we've ever had in women's basketball as Birkel, Trekker and Plucker were track standouts as well. Now we just need that 6'4" post that can sprint the court like a rabbit.

BISON555
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Tingelstad does love basketball, but when she signed for track she had no intentions on playing basketball her freshman year. The bball staff contacted Ryun to talk to him about her playing basketball. They wanted to sign her last summer, but she had already verballed. The coaches are working together so she stays on a consistant weight training program that will benefit both teams and Ashley herself. We are lucky to have her for one sport, let alone two!!! She is an amazing athlete...

Castor Troy
06-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Tingelstad does love basketball, but when she signed for track she had no intentions on playing basketball her freshman year. The bball staff contacted Ryun to talk to him about her playing basketball. They wanted to sign her last summer, but she had already verballed. The coaches are working together so she stays on a consistant weight training program that will benefit both teams and Ashley herself. We are lucky to have her for one sport, let alone two!!! She is an amazing athlete...

Even though they liked her basketbal skills originally, they wanted to sign another kid but that fell through. Their next choice was Ashley, so they talked to Ryun about her red shirting her freshman year. I just talked to Ryun last week and this is what he told me. He is very excited about her joining the program, but would be more pumped about her signing if he could have her for indoor as well.

BISONFAN87
06-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I guess I am unsure of what the problem is??? If she is coming here for one sport great!! For two, even better! There have been many great two sport athletes. Let her show us what she can do.......and stop assuming she can't. I am sure we will all be impressed. If she already had a full ride for competing in one sport, she obviously has quite a drive, a great trait for any competitor.

Castor Troy
06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I guess I am unsure of what the problem is??? If she is coming here for one sport great!! For two, even better! There have been many great two sport athletes. Let her show us what she can do.......and stop assuming she can't. I am sure we will all be impressed. If she already had a full ride for competing in one sport, she obviously has quite a drive, a great trait for any competitor.

The problem is that track is not one sport. It is 2 sports with indoor and outdoor season which makes it different than any other sport. Because she may not compete indoors because of basketball is like only getting your scholarship athlete for 1/2 of the season. I am not saying she will not do well in both, but what usually happens is that one sport becomes an after thought and the other becomes the main sport.

lakesbison
06-09-2009, 05:15 PM
castor.

200 or 400 yards on an indoor track and outdoor track are the same length, don't see what the problem is.

the girls this year proved there is no difference between indoor and outdoors, ashley will do all 3 and do them well!

Castor Troy
06-09-2009, 08:44 PM
castor.

200 or 400 yards on an indoor track and outdoor track are the same length, don't see what the problem is.

the girls this year proved there is no difference between indoor and outdoors, ashley will do all 3 and do them well!

Huh? First of all, tracks nowadays are in meters. Second, if she is going to play basketball she most certainly will not be running indoor track. To my knowledge this has never been done before- running indoor track and playing basketball.

Once again, the problem is that she is on scholarship to run track and will be unable to compete in 50% of the meets due to playing basketball. Her track teammates who are on similar scholarships will be competing in 100% of the meets because they are not playing basketball. This is not the ideal situation for either program. Yes others have played basketball and ran outdoor, but never both indoor and outdoor- Edie Boyer, Lynette Mund, Jody Buck, Jessica DeRemer, etc...

I'm done. Not ideal. That's all I'm sayin'.

tony
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm about 50% sure that if Ashley plays basketball and runs track, that she will count towards the basketball team's scholarship limit rather than the track team's.

Castor Troy
06-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm about 50% sure that if Ashley plays basketball and runs track, that she will count towards the basketball team's scholarship limit rather than the track team's.

So she receives money from the track team budget, but it counts towards the basketball limit? That is odd.