PDA

View Full Version : Bye Newman Field?

duluthbison
04-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I was driving past Newman Outdoor Field today and I noticed that they removed the Newman name off the front of the building so it now just says Outdoor Field. Did Newman get dropped from sponsorship??

This picture was taken last summer, but I just photo shopped the NEWMAN part out of it. This is how it looks on campus today!!
http://i43.tinypic.com/ohs17r.jpg

roadwarrior
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty sure there was no ending date to the naming rights. Maybe they have an updated sign.

duluthbison
04-17-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm sure it is nothing, but it was something I thought was unusual.

sambini
04-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Maybe a new sign?

coldspot
04-17-2009, 01:42 AM
late last week i remember seeing a few vehicles around the entrance that would do that type of work and i couldnt quite put my finger on what they were doing. could this just be one of a few things they will be doing to fancy up the stadium for the legion world series?

roadwarrior
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
The Newman signs are back up on the stadium. I think they got a new coat of paint. A sign company certainly wouldn't want their own signs to have paint peeling on them!

imabison
05-07-2009, 02:06 AM
The Newman signs are back up on the stadium. I think they got a new coat of paint. A sign company certainly wouldn't want their own signs to have paint peeling on them!
Glad to hear that I fully agree with you Roadwarrior. I noticed at the Oral Roberts game they were still down.

Yes a sign company sign that looks bad is definitely not a show case for the company.