PDA

View Full Version : Working on some tailgating items

TAILG8R
04-16-2009, 03:26 PM
A while back I saw some NCAA logo branding irons for branding your steaks when grilling. [LINK (http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-13861602857737_2046_3547059306)]

I did a little research and tracked down the contact info for a distributor and asked about the possibility of having NDSU branding irons made. It took a while to get a response but I did finally hear back from them.

Here's some of what was in his email:
"I apologize for taking a month to answer your request. I decided to do some research into the licensing for schools such as NDSU and check into the available manufacturing of a shorter run. On our current list of available schools, we must order a minimum of 1,000 pieces and our best selling teams such as Texas only sell about 1,500 total annually. So, I needed to find a manufacturer with smaller minimums.

I have secured initial approval for licensing to make an NDSU bbq branding iron. My next obstacle is finding out how to open the channels of distribution in that area. We won't be able to secure a sales rep for one item, so we'll have to go it alone."

Later in the email he states that this will be there first license (since they are just distributors of the others) and asks for help with ideas on who might be interested in selling them. Yes I have contacted scheelsguy already.

So this fall at tailgating when you bite into a juicy steak with a NDSU logo seared into it, just think of the little people who got the ball rolling.

I also won't turn down said juicy steak as a gesture of thanks ;)

Bison"FANatic"
04-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok I have to ask who is going to be the first crazy tailgaiting drunk that wakes up with Bison Branded on his Arse.:D :D :D

TransAmBison
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
A brand will work as well as a tattoo to join the Holy Order of Bison. Submit pics to bisonmike2, the archcharlatan of the church. Your check will be in the mail. :D

56BISON73
04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
A brand will work as well as a tattoo to join the Holy Order of Bison. Submit pics to bisonmike2, the archcharlatan of the church. Your check will be in the mail. :D

There is a school in Chico CA called Chico State. Big party school. There football players at one time used to brand the school logo on their lower leg. (ouch) Dont know if they do that anymore.

SDbison
04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Ok I have to ask who is going to be the first crazy tailgaiting drunk that wakes up with Bison Branded on his Arse.:D :D :D
I think we need a Bison iron to get some asses moving on the new arena project!

Bison55
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh -but the Arena is a priority "wink wink";)

But we can't build it in these financial times, even though a lot of other arena's are either going up or being renovated on campuses across the contry "excuse excuse":rolleyes:

UTH
04-17-2009, 05:31 AM
There is a school in Chico CA called Chico State. Big party school. There football players at one time used to brand the school logo on their lower leg. (ouch) Dont know if they do that anymore.

'USMC's still do that once in a while.:hide: Another reason it's good to be a soldier.;)

BlueBisonRock
04-18-2009, 12:43 AM
'USMC's still do that once in a while.:hide: Another reason it's good to be a soldier.;)

And I was under the impression that pinning was the thing to do.

NDSUFan_Sav
04-26-2009, 10:19 AM

SD when he passes out before the game then manages to get inside at halftime :)

Thundering Herd
05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Branding Iron? Hell, I want the whole grill top to be a Bison logo!!! Who will make these for my grill? That's how I roehl!

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/grill.jpg

gotts
05-06-2009, 03:38 AM
If going for a grilling imprint, wouldn't you need to invert the grill the other way?

Thundering Herd
05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
If going for a grilling imprint, wouldn't you need to invert the grill the other way?
the grill surface would have to 'drop down' so that the logo/lettering could be mounted atop it and be flush with the grill surface. Got it? Please don't make me get on photoshop again! :D
I think this would be one of the greatest things since horseradish and snickers ice cream bars (not eaten together!)...