PDA

View Full Version : McFeely: Bohl needs to drop the hammer

WYOBISONMAN
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
This one is a good read by McFeely, and I would be OK with what he suggests for punishment.

Mohler, now with multiple booze-related citations as an

18-year-old freshman, should be on the next flight home to Southern California. Sorry, kid, but this isn’t working.

Washington and Johnson should be suspended for the first five games of the upcoming season. If that upsets either to the point they leave the team, so be it. That is their decision. It matters not if it is uncharted territory for suspensions. Bohl needs to get out the message that DUIs are not boys-will-be-boys, wink-wink matters. They are very adult crimes, and with them should come severe discipline.

Linky:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/237474/

99Bison
04-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Agree'd, quoting a message board comment seems a little strange though.

lakesbison
04-16-2009, 02:59 PM
mcfooly is a freakin tool, read the comments, no one likes him period.

how many kids on campus get into drinking trouble, alot.

2 outta 125 in a year, or look at it this way.

this is year 4, there's been 4 minors and 3 dui's. out of a possible 500 kids.

gimme a break. relax people.

duluthbison
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
mcfooly is a freakin tool, read the comments, no one likes him period.

how many kids on campus get into drinking trouble, alot.

2 outta 125 in a year, or look at it this way.

this is year 4, there's been 4 minors and 3 dui's. out of a possible 500 kids.

gimme a break. relax people.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

Bison"FANatic"
04-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Wow 3/4 of the article with message board quotes. You know, start out by calling the people you are going to base your article on Rubes though.

rube

noun
a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture

n. Slang
An unsophisticated country person.

–noun Informal.
an unsophisticated person from a rural area; hick.

Cmon McFeely calling us Rubes, I guarantee I have more education than you do. Have some respect to the message boards or are you just jealous that the internet that these Rubes are a part of is killing your livelihood.

bisonmike2
04-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow 3/4 of the article with message board quotes. You know, start out by calling the people you are going to base your article on Rubes though.

rube

noun
a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture

n. Slang
An unsophisticated country person.

–noun Informal.
an unsophisticated person from a rural area; hick.

Cmon McFeely calling us Rubes, I guarantee I have more education than you do. Have some respect to the message boards or are you just jealous that the internet that these Rubes are a part of is killing your livelihood.

I think rubes has started to take on a different meaning. I think of sports homer or passionate sports fan who's love for the sport or program often overrule common sense. Technically dumb means lacking the ability to speak but many people use it to someone of lower intelligence. My point is I didn't take it as him calling the Bison fans stupid or unsophisticated.

tcbison
04-16-2009, 04:24 PM

That is what I thought. To me that is just bad journalism. Quoting an anonymous person from an anonymous message board. Real credibility there. Honestly, do other newspapers do this? I don't think I have ever seen this before.

The rest of the article I can't really disagree with.

westnodak93bison
04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
McFooly is a turd! Seriously, what kind of punishment can Jose expect?
Is there a similar case we can look at for comparison outside of NDSU? :ranting:

Bison Dan
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
McFooly is a turd! Seriously, what kind of punishment can Jose expect?
Is there a similar case we can look at for comparison outside of NDSU? :ranting:

Here you have someone that has NEVER had to responsible for anyone except himself and his family. Yet he KNOWS what the punishment should be? Time for another round of cuts at The Forum.

aces1180
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM

Can I change my assignments at BI to just read Bisonville and report what was written. ;)

bisonaudit
04-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Despite the vocal anti-McFeely minority here, this site's own poll suggests a stong allignment between his views and the views of this community on this particular issue.

Nearly 60% in favor of kicking Mohler off the team and over 85% support at least a 3 game suspension.

Bison"FANatic"
04-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I think he is right on with what he wrote. I just find it ironic that over the years he has taken shots at the message boards and then goes and writes a article and quotes from a message board. It is great to see that he reads the board but cmon if you are going to quote people on the board at least don't call them a rube there are so many better descriptions than rube.

Bison Dan
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Despite the vocal anti-McFeely minority here, this site's own poll suggests a stong allignment between his views and the views of this community on this particular issue.

Nearly 60% in favor of kicking Mohler off the team and over 85% support at least a 3 game suspension.

You need to factor in the und posters and where was McFooly article on the und fb & hockey players that got into trouble lately? I must of missed it.

homer
04-16-2009, 08:28 PM
You need to factor in the und posters and where was McFooly article on the und fb & hockey players that got into trouble lately? I must of missed it.

I bet everyone that wrote on the forum website was a UND fan. Just read how many people wrote on this board that "Mohler needs to go" and "how many chances is he going to get". Now I consider you guys to be very diehard, knowledgable fans and if you feel this way about your team, imagine what the average joe in Fargo thinks when he reads about 4 arrests in two months. You don't think people think its a joke. But just blame UND if it makes you feel better.

Its no different in Grand Forks when UND has gone through its troubles. I just heard people complaining about keeping rb's elgible. They must have been Bison fans though.

bisonaudit
04-16-2009, 08:42 PM

So, what, they don't get a vote because they wear the wrong shade of green? (I think I saw this on Bab 5 once)

NDSUstudent
04-16-2009, 08:45 PM
McFeely was very critical of UND's hockey program when they had a few run-ins with the law a year or so ago.