PDA

View Full Version : Super Regional in Fargo?

ndsubison1
04-16-2009, 05:31 AM
I've always wondered this... how do locations for the super regional in College Baseball get picked? Is it like bball where locations bid or are they chosen or what? Or would we have to qualify or something? Could Fargo ever host a super regional? I mean we have a good enough venue for it...

AKBison
04-17-2009, 12:39 AM
When they seed the NCAA tournament they seed all of the teams. The top 16 get to host. The top 16 aren't always the top 16 but are schools with a good fan base and will put butts in the seat. (Think FCS Football and the top 4) If the top 8 seeds all win their regional they are guranteed to host a super regional. If a top 8 seed doesn't win their regional then it is rebid between the two teams in the super regional. $ and facilities talks and bs walks in college baseball. If NDSU ever gets to host a super regional, it would mean we have one hell of a squad (top 5) because ticket sales from the regular season sure won't get us a regional or super regional game. On the postive note, we have rather temperate temeratures in June and I would think that would be a plus when the deciding factors where weighed. I love everything about college baseball except the metal bats and the early start dates that Southern teams take advantage of. With our facility, coupled with the fact that local pier instutions don't have baseball (USD, UNI, UND*) I really believe this is a sport that NDSU can excel at. To make this happen they need an indoor facility for softball and baseball only. This facility could also serve as a place the softball squad could hold early season games. In my dream world, I would love to see an indoor softball stadium that could be used as a practice field for Baseball as well. It couldn't be that more expansive to put a big metal building up around a softball stadium could it? :p

Hammersmith
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
When they seed the NCAA tournament they seed all of the teams. The top 16 get to host. The top 16 aren't always the top 16 but are schools with a good fan base and will put butts in the seat. (Think FCS Football and the top 4) If the top 8 seeds all win their regional they are guranteed to host a super regional. If a top 8 seed doesn't win their regional then it is rebid between the two teams in the super regional. $ and facilities talks and bs walks in college baseball. If NDSU ever gets to host a super regional, it would mean we have one hell of a squad (top 5) because ticket sales from the regular season sure won't get us a regional or super regional game. On the postive note, we have rather temperate temeratures in June and I would think that would be a plus when the deciding factors where weighed. I love everything about college baseball except the metal bats and the early start dates that Southern teams take advantage of. With our facility, coupled with the fact that local pier instutions don't have baseball (USD, UNI, UND*) I really believe this is a sport that NDSU can excel at. To make this happen they need an indoor facility for softball and baseball only. This facility could also serve as a place the softball squad could hold early season games. In my dream world, I would love to see an indoor softball stadium that could be used as a practice field for Baseball as well. It couldn't be that more expansive to put a big metal building up around a softball stadium could it? :p

I'm right there with you in that dream world. A large, open facility with room for a football field, a soccer field with football markings, room around the perimeter for cross-country running on a fieldturf surface, swappable sections of turf to allow for baseball and softball infields, droppable nets for batting and driving(golf) practice, and a second-level, rubber track around the perimeter for running and camera locations. All attached to the west side of the BSA with an underground tunnel connecting to the basement of the Fargodome. Wouldn't that be the ultimate indoor practice facility for a frozen north school like us?

Come on, lucky lotto.

lcbison
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm right there with you in that dream world. A large, open facility with room for a football field, a soccer field with football markings, room around the perimeter for cross-country running on a fieldturf surface, swappable sections of turf to allow for baseball and softball infields, droppable nets for batting and driving(golf) practice, and a second-level, rubber track around the perimeter for running and camera locations. All attached to the west side of the BSA with an underground tunnel connecting to the basement of the Fargodome. Wouldn't that be the ultimate indoor practice facility for a frozen north school like us?

Come on, lucky lotto.

Easy solution to your problem. Shack up with Mel Gibson's soon to be ex-wife. She is rumored to be gettin $500 million in the divorce.

Tatanka
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Easy solution to your problem. Shack up with Mel Gibson's soon to be ex-wife. She is rumored to be gettin $500 million in the divorce.

This sounds like a job for Lakes.

A couple of Bison bombs, a 24-pack of Trojan XS (ribbed for her pleasure, extra small for your reality), and dreams can come true!