PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. Dakota Wesleyan Wednesday (15th) Newman Outdoor Field

TheDoctor
04-14-2009, 03:36 AM
I heard a rumor that the baseball team will start home field play on Wednesday with a recently scheduled game against Dakota Wesleyan at Neuman. The team spent the day getting the field ready today and will again tomorrow. Hope to see everyone there for what looks like a 4pm game. I have confirmed this on THEIR website. ;)

http://www.dwu.edu/athletics/baseball/schedule.htm

And now ours.....

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=706&SPSID=12107

ndsubison1
04-14-2009, 03:37 AM
nothing like a neuman outdoor field dog and Bison baseball... :)

cvbison1
04-14-2009, 03:39 AM
nothing like a neuman outdoor field dog and Bison baseball... :)

yes there is...redhawks

coldspot
04-14-2009, 04:01 AM
yes there is...redhawks

the redhawks are boring to watch unless everybody's favorite umpire reggie jackson is umping. you know reggie is going to be inches away from death at some point in the game for being a pisspoor umpire.

who all is going to be at the game? im going to try to be there but ive got class at 5 so im going to have to peace out at like 455.

gotts
04-14-2009, 04:13 AM
the redhawks are boring to watch unless everybody's favorite umpire reggie jackson is umping. you know reggie is going to be inches away from death at some point in the game for being a pisspoor umpire.

who all is going to be at the game? im going to try to be there but ive got class at 5 so im going to have to peace out at like 455.

Reggie Jackson is the man.

coldspot
04-14-2009, 04:18 AM
Reggie Jackson is the man.

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/reggie.jackson.si.jpg

not that reggie jackson, the other reggie jackson.

ndsubison1
04-14-2009, 04:21 AM
i will try to be there

gotts
04-14-2009, 04:22 AM
http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/reggie.jackson.si.jpg

not that reggie jackson, the other reggie jackson.

Oh I know who Reggie Jackson is. Anyone who has umpired in the area knows who he is.

TheDoctor
04-14-2009, 04:46 AM

You mean he is willing to cross Steve "Mongo" Montgomery??? No wonder you feel he is sometimes "inches away from death" after a bad called game. Mongo is a big man....I would not want him mad at me! ;)

coldspot
04-14-2009, 05:22 AM
You mean he is willing to cross Steve "Mongo" Montgomery??? No wonder you feel he is sometimes "inches away from death" after a bad called game. Mongo is a big man....I would not want him mad at me! ;)

what makes that even better is mike skogen "holding back" mongo.

funny story related to mongo/reggie. during one of the fall baseball games while mongo was umping from behind the mound, he happened to make a bad call on a pitch and coach brown dropped this piece of brilliance: "who do you think you are out there? reggie jackson makes better calls than you do!" laughter followed.

TheDoctor
04-14-2009, 05:38 AM
what makes that even better is mike skogen "holding back" mongo.

funny story related to mongo/reggie. during one of the fall baseball games while mongo was umping from behind the mound, he happened to make a bad call on a pitch and coach brown dropped this piece of brilliance: "who do you think you are out there? reggie jackson makes better calls than you do!" laughter followed.

Love Skoges to death, but size has never been on his side. If he couldn't even hold me back, he certainly is NOT holding Mongo back :rofl:. The funny thing about Reggie is that he should be better. He makes a career out of it by going down south and umping in the offseason, unlike Benny who referees Women's college basketball all offseason. ;)

aces1180
04-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I worked with Reggie in the FM Association for about five years and think he is a great umpire...If you don't agree with his strike zone, that's fair, but I think he was consistent.

coldspot
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
mr. jackson may have the most consistent strike zone ive ever had to pitch into, but it is awful from a pitching stand point. painting the black? picking the corners? shooting the knees? not with reggie behind the dish.

but on topic. whos all going to be there? a few buddies and myself will be there sitting in the sun behind the bison dugout.

TheDoctor
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
mr. jackson may have the most consistent strike zone ive ever had to pitch into, but it is awful from a pitching stand point. painting the black? picking the corners? shooting the knees? not with reggie behind the dish.

but on topic. whos all going to be there? a few buddies and myself will be there sitting in the sun behind the bison dugout.

I'll see you there! ;)

SlickVic
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
never been more jacked for a baseball game +++++++++

sambini
04-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Nice day for a game and a few Bud Selects.

roadwarrior
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice day for a game and a few Bud Selects.

Are you bringing the big cooler? LOL

lakesbison
04-16-2009, 01:51 AM
SO watch the 6pm news.

NDSU up 14-6 ./

I get a text 15 minutes ago that says.

DAKOTA 18-14 comes back and wins.

here's my question. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR BENCH AND LETTING THE OTHER TEAM COME BACK?

this crap happens every year vs these types of teams, *concordia, mayville, jamestown, etc* we play the backups and get beat, or give up the game.

NOT COOL!!

coldspot
04-16-2009, 01:56 AM
ummmmm.....wow? im not sure what else to say. that was rough. some notes on the game:

dw had a catcher that was HUGE (and i mean like HGH using huge). dudes arms were as big as my legs.

justin klein is a stud. kid can rake plus he's got a hose for an arm.

stitt, casper both have some quick hands

everything ive said about reggie jackson=truth (plus he played the "make up call" card a few times.) i dont know how many times he saw the pitch, took 2 seconds to think about it, started to make the strike call, then changed his mind.

walk walk walk walk. did they have the walking portion of the fargo marathon tonight at newman?

8th, 9th inning, why are they taking first pitch cock shots? i understand the first few guys doing it but when the pitcher is grooving fastballs right down the middle to start every at bat, swing the damn bat.

already excited for games next week!!!

roadwarrior
04-16-2009, 02:05 AM
where were the hot dogs and cokes?

lakesbison
04-16-2009, 02:23 AM
NO concessions??

D1 baseball huh??

playing every kid on the bench to allow other team to comeback.

WHAT IS THIS?!?! DIVISION 3?

ndsubison1
04-16-2009, 02:38 AM
ummmmm.....wow? im not sure what else to say. that was rough. some notes on the game:

dw had a catcher that was HUGE (and i mean like HGH using huge). dudes arms were as big as my legs.

justin klein is a stud. kid can rake plus he's got a hose for an arm.

stitt, casper both have some quick hands

everything ive said about reggie jackson=truth (plus he played the "make up call" card a few times.) i dont know how many times he saw the pitch, took 2 seconds to think about it, started to make the strike call, then changed his mind.

walk walk walk walk. did they have the walking portion of the fargo marathon tonight at newman?

8th, 9th inning, why are they taking first pitch cock shots? i understand the first few guys doing it but when the pitcher is grooving fastballs right down the middle to start every at bat, swing the damn bat.

already excited for games next week!!!

ever heard of taking a strike? lol

coldspot
04-16-2009, 02:57 AM
ever heard of taking a strike? lol

like i said, i understand the first few batters doing it or going through the order to feel out the pitcher, but when its the second time through the order against the guy and he's still doing it, rip him to shreds. 8th inning, 2 outs, bases juiced. i forget who is up, but first pitch was on a tee set up inner half, he takes and it ends up being the best pitch he gets all at bat. if the pitcher isnt going to change up his approach and sequence, make him pay for it.

lakesbison
04-16-2009, 03:18 AM
TAKING A PITCH IS A JOKE.

ONLY time to "TAKE A PITCH" is the following.

Close game when you are down by 1 and trying to get a guy on base.

Team's other pitcher is wild.

THATS IT, END OF STORY. otherwise the FIRST PITCH is usually a fastball cuz the pitcher is tryin to get ahead in count.

jeffdaryl3rd
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
The point of taking a strike is to put the pressure on the opposing pitcher to throw strikes and force him to get the hitter out rather than the hitter helping him out. If he throws a first pitch strike the hitter still has the rest of the count to put the ball in play. Unless the hitter represents the tying run getting on base is the only thing that matters, so the safest bet is to hope the pitcher walks the hitter rather than risking taking a swing and getting out.

On another note, this is just sad. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the young guys get into a blowout game when it's the home opener against a team like Dakota Wesleyan. Stomp on their throat when they're down and if the other team has a problem with it there is a simple solution: play better. Let the backups get in some other time, because under no circumstances is it ok for a D-I program to lose to Dakota Wesleyan, especially at home. Ever.