PDA

View Full Version : NDSU wins Appeal

Bison Dan
04-09-2009, 05:53 PM
The ND supreme Court reverses lower court on Ellis case.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/236752/group/home/

sambini
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
my oh my+++

duluthbison
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
So what was the original case here, what happened?

Bison Dan
04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
So what was the original case here, what happened?

As I understand it Mr. Ellis is old school and wasn't keeping up with the fast pace of the electronic world. As a SID in today's market he has to be well plugged in. Well he didn't see it the way Gene did and after many meetings they(Gene) decided that he wasn't going to fit into NDSU's D1 plan moving forward. So they fired him - he then sued for age discrimination. He won the first go around and lost in the Supreme Court.

aces1180
04-09-2009, 08:19 PM
As I understand it Mr. Ellis is old school and wasn't keeping up with the fast pace of the electronic world. As a SID in today's market he has to be well plugged in. Well he didn't see it the way Gene did and after many meetings they(Gene) decided that he wasn't going to fit into NDSU's D1 plan moving forward. So they fired him - he then sued for age discrimination. He won the first go around and lost in the Supreme Court.

I was one of his GA's when he was released...I won't get into details on Bisonville, but there is more to the story.

Bison Dan
04-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I was one of his GA's when he was released...I won't get into details on Bisonville, but there is more to the story.

Oh I'm sure there's more but I'd bet my bottom dollar it wasn't because of his age.

NDSUFan_Sav
04-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh I'm sure there's more but I'd bet my bottom dollar it wasn't because of his age.

i'd rather see you use the bottom dollar for a new arena :nod: :D

sambini
04-11-2009, 11:26 PM
What will Gearge do now? Appeal or is it done?

DIBISON
04-12-2009, 04:42 AM
What will Gearge do now? Appeal or is it done?

Hopefully this case is over, been a long time.

unbison
04-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I am not a legal expert but i believe it will be reopened in lower court because it was overturned because the lower court handled something wrong...not because of different view of the case itself