PDA

View Full Version : old article on WR Sidney Haynes

cvbison1
04-09-2009, 05:35 AM
i guess he's quite the personality. im going to like this guy, especially if he can perform.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/prepsports/entries/2006/12/13/talkin_trash_wi.html

westnodak93bison
04-09-2009, 05:50 AM
ah, I hope like hell he doesnt think he can pull TO type BS as a Bison cause it aint gonna happen and if it does he wont last long.

lakesbison
04-09-2009, 05:51 AM
WHY THE HELL NOT?!?!

LETS PUMP IT UP AROUND HERE!!

enough with the small school choir boy stuff.

LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL AND WIN SOME GAMES!!

cvbison1
04-09-2009, 05:52 AM
sidney is already my boy haha. i need a number 17 jersey.

westnodak93bison
04-09-2009, 08:09 AM
TO type behavior destroys the concept of TEAM. Ask the Niners, Eagles, Cowboys and talk to the Bills come December 2009. Lakes if you cant see that then you are either drunk, stoned or stupid. I hope the staff has a sit down with the young man.

Mr. Burgundy
04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
He played catch with my son at a hoops game when the ball got away from my son, as nice a young man as you will find. Very well spoken....and LARGE. I am putting him in the "starting lineup."

lakesbison
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
But burgandy ...... the old timers dont want a guy with.attitude!! talent and speed doesnt help.the bison, we are a lunchpail team with choir boys!!

u go SID!!!

TAILG8R
04-09-2009, 05:22 PM
WHY THE HELL NOT?!?!

LETS PUMP IT UP AROUND HERE!!

enough with the small school choir boy stuff.

LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL AND WIN SOME GAMES!!

Getcha popcorn ready!

cvbison1
04-09-2009, 06:34 PM
TO type behavior destroys the concept of TEAM. Ask the Niners, Eagles, Cowboys and talk to the Bills come December 2009. Lakes if you cant see that then you are either drunk, stoned or stupid. I hope the staff has a sit down with the young man.

the staff doesn't need to have a sit down with him.....he hasn't done anything.

Trampled
04-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Oh really Bourne Mcfarlane!!

HooliganBison
04-10-2009, 03:05 AM
How many of you have actually met and talked with him? That article was written when he as still in high school. I'm pretty sure if I went back in time and interviewed myself when I was in high school I woulld just as cocky as he was. So until he actually does something worth talking about on or off the field every one needs to chill out.

Trampled
04-10-2009, 01:08 PM
It's really quite simple. He needs to prove himself in practice day in and day out, then if he gets a shot, you needs to take advantage of it. No different than everyone else on the team. If he does this, I will be his greatest supporter. Don't make him a hero yet .

westnodak93bison
04-12-2009, 03:04 AM
"small school choir boys"--- come on lakes-- exactly which Bison are you referring to...name some names, of the past players who just didnt cut it in this program

Mr. Burgundy
04-19-2009, 01:24 AM
There was a TON of smack talk between friends/players today and Haynes was quiet. Just going about his business. When he lined up against someone, everyone was encouraging the other guy....like it was such a mismatch that the other guy needed help. I feel after watching him for 10 minutes, that this kid will dominate. Of course he is only one part, we need a healthy line and a QB that makes the correct throws....but I was very impressed with how humbly this kid went about his business.

sambini
04-19-2009, 02:38 AM
There was a TON of smack talk between friends/players today and Haynes was quiet. Just going about his business. When he lined up against someone, everyone was encouraging the other guy....like it was such a mismatch that the other guy needed help. I feel after watching him for 10 minutes, that this kid will dominate. Of course he is only one part, we need a healthy line and a QB that makes the correct throws....but I was very impressed with how humbly this kid went about his business. The kid is a playmaker Mr.B++++

ndsubison1
04-19-2009, 03:08 AM
yeah i've seen this kid a couple times at the wellness center playing bball and he's actually pretty good... freakish athlete... im excited

westnodak93bison
04-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Good news. Now hopefully lakes isnt encouraging him behind the scenes to get some TO attitude. :D

Jdubs21
04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
i dont mind the article...he mentioned in there that he talks trash to get in someones head which to me is a good thing....he's doesnt actually beleive he is good like TO does

Trampled
04-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Good news. Now hopefully lakes isnt encouraging him behind the scenes to get some TO attitude. :D

Exactly!!!! Although I don't believe Lakes carries much credibility with the coaching staff.

The many seniors at practice as referred to in an earlier post is because alot of them are getting credits for a course they are finishing up. Has nothing to do with supporting the team. Early reports are that Haynes is very awkward at times...has real difficulty stopping quickly and cutting. However every one talks about his great physique. Very early. West Coast is very different than the spread which he was used to. Perhaps our new OC will run some spread??

lakesbison
04-20-2009, 03:28 PM
OH i can dish on bohl/vigen/timmy p or charles if you want me to.... but I'll stick to what I know best.

Making Sidney Haynes become a trash talkin fool again!!!

might have to hire da SLICKSTER as a co-conspirator!!

ndsubison1
04-20-2009, 06:20 PM
how many years of eligibility does haynes have with us?

bisonhusker
04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I am pretty sure 2 years.

BisonNeil
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
I am pretty sure 2 years.

According to the roster on GoBison, Haynes is listed as a sophomore, which means three years (yippee!). Guys like Mertens, Henry, Foster, Fairbairn, etc are all listed as seniors, so I think it is updated.

tjbison
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
According to the roster on GoBison, Haynes is listed as a sophomore, which means three years (yippee!). Guys like Mertens, Henry, Foster, Fairbairn, etc are all listed as seniors, so I think it is updated.

Yep we get three years with him!!! I just hope lights it up (of course the QB has to get him the ball):hide: :hide: :hide:

IzzyFlexion
04-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Don't know if this video link has been posted yet but it's the first time I've seen it. While we're at it, we might want to ask the QB in this highlight reel if he has any free time this fall.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Sidney-Haynes-Suwanee--10418

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/SYDNEYHAYNESNIKEGA200.JPG

bisonmike2
04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Yep we get three years with him!!! I just hope lights it up (of course the QB has to get him the ball):hide: :hide: :hide:

so you're assuming that he's not going to go pro after his junior year?:)

westnodak93bison
06-12-2009, 08:50 AM
lakes, I guess he wasnt the small school choir boy type after all. :)

Till
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
So I'm watching the Twins game this afternoon and on the post game FSN does their own bottom line. What do I see under the CFB section, but "North Dakota State dismissing WR Sidney Haynes (violation of team rules)"

We're in the big time now!