PDA

View Full Version : article on potential recruit

coldspot
04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Prep baseball: Colleges intrigued by Storm star (http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090407/SPORTS03/104070001/1002/SPORTS?GID=lT5D6BKgvl1F+NsriI4BEXh9tu+jF9rqECvBNdb u1FY%3D)

ive got connections to the henkemeyer family and theyre a baseball family (brother plays at st johns, dad played in the minors). good kid with high level of athletic ability.

ndsubison1
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Prep baseball: Colleges intrigued by Storm star (http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090407/SPORTS03/104070001/1002/SPORTS?GID=lT5D6BKgvl1F+NsriI4BEXh9tu+jF9rqECvBNdb u1FY%3D)

ive got connections to the henkemeyer family and theyre a baseball family (brother plays at st johns, dad played in the minors). good kid with high level of athletic ability.

i remember that Waite Park Babe Ruth team, they were good... my hometown team (Bismarck, ND) lost to them twice in the Midwest Regional Championship and finally beat them their 3rd year to advance to the World Series... Zach Wentz who plays for the Bison now, played for that Bismarck team.

aces1180
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
i remember that Waite Park Babe Ruth team, they were good... my hometown team (Bismarck, ND) lost to them twice in the Midwest Regional Championship and finally beat them their 3rd year to advance to the World Series... Zach Wentz who plays for the Bison now, played for that Bismarck team.

I played against Waite Park's Legion team back in the late 90's in the Missouri River Classic when I was a Mandan Chief...They had sweet baseball pants with stars going down the entire side.

On a related note, we beat them 14-2 and I was the winning pitcher...;)

Everybody sing it: Glory days!

lakesbison
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
central minnesota is a HUGE baseball hotbed.

My HS team & Amatuer team down there had 14 of 18 of us playing Division 1 or 2 baseball.

Hopefully Coach Brown is down there!!

coldspot
04-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I played against Waite Park's Legion team back in the late 90's in the Missouri River Classic when I was a Mandan Chief...They had sweet baseball pants with stars going down the entire side.

the waite park silver stars? the head coach and my uncle were best man for eachothers weddings. they had a kid last year that couldve come into ndsu and been an impact pitcher right away, but he's doing that for scsu now. coach brown needs to get down to the st cloud area to recruit. they pump out some really good ball players down there.

aces1180
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
the waite park silver stars? the head coach and my uncle were best man for eachothers weddings. they had a kid last year that couldve come into ndsu and been an impact pitcher right away, but he's doing that for scsu now. coach brown needs to get down to the st cloud area to recruit. they pump out some really good ball players down there.

Yeah, that's right, the Silver Stars!

aces1180
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
central minnesota is a HUGE baseball hotbed.

My HS team & Amatuer team down there had 14 of 18 of us playing Division 1 or 2 baseball.

Hopefully Coach Brown is down there!!

Did you play college ball, Lakes?

ndsubison1
04-08-2009, 11:24 PM

you played for the Chiefs? They were pretty good throughout the 90's...

ndsubison1
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM

i agree, central Minnesota has some strong talent there. They usually send quite a bit of their Legion/Babe Ruth teams to the World Series. Some of the suburbs too Apple Valley, Eden Prairie, Shoreview, to name a few

aces1180
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
you played for the Chiefs? They were pretty good throughout the 90's...

Yeah, we were pretty salty ;)

bisonpride
04-11-2009, 04:52 AM
I would think there would be room for another Storm/Cyclone in the Bison program. Piepkorn, Lochner, Hille all had very productive careers. Piepkorn re wrote the record book for power numbers. Not bad for an invited walk-on because of the lack of scholarships.

BisonNolesFan77
04-15-2009, 03:17 AM
There is a good amount of talent in Central MN...played down there myself, very solid baseball down in that area.