PDA

View Full Version : Spring Practice Postponed 3 weeks

tjbison
04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/236479/group/home/

is this good, bad or have little effect on Fall???

roadwarrior
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Probabaly a good thing.

SDbison
04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
So Spring ball would start on April 27 and the Spring game would be May 16? Is there any doubt graduation will be pushed out at least one week?

56BISON73
04-06-2009, 09:59 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/236479/group/home/

is this good, bad or have little effect on Fall???

Its a good thing. Less destractions. Should have no effect on the fall.

Grizzled
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Injuries. Cuts down on rehab time by a month plus it shortens the offseason strength program which is huge. Those are my two concerns.

56BISON73
04-06-2009, 10:09 PM
So Spring ball would start on April 27 and the Spring game would be May 16? Is there any doubt graduation will be pushed out at least one week?

SD
Why would they move graduation???? They dont NEED to have a spring football game as its really just another practice.

tjbison
04-06-2009, 10:12 PM
SD
Why would they move graduation???? They dont NEED to have a spring football game as its really just another practice.

and even if they have a spring game, the New Sprint turf on Dacotah Field could use somr breaking in!!

cabis
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
The academic schedule has been announced as not changing. Finals week is May 11 - 15 and Graduation is still May 16 in the Fargodome. That time of year should make an outdoor game no problem. My only problem with the extension is it could cause some problems for guys that are on the bubble for academics. Loosing the dead week before finals and finals week itself could push a few more over the edge. We seem to loose one or two guys a year to grades, I hope this doesn't increase that.

duluthbison
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok so if they are worried about getting heavy equipment and running practice on the practice field, why not plow off Dacotah field and practice there! Get some money out of their investment in new turf!!

imabison
04-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Ok so if they are worried about getting heavy equipment and running practice on the practice field, why not plow off Dacotah field and practice there! Get some money out of their investment in new turf!!
As has been previously said the new practice field is not yet finished. They saved money but not rushing to have it finished.

It was a I am sure a good financial decision.

Next year it will be fully available no matter how much snow is there for the spring...

duluthbison
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
As has been previously said the new practice field is not yet finished. They saved money but not rushing to have it finished.

It was a I am sure a good financial decision.

Next year it will be fully available no matter how much snow is there for the spring...

Oh ok, I was not previously aware of that. Thanks!

aces1180
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Could they move the spring game to Bismarck? I know in 1998 they held a scrimmage at the Community Bowl. They have field turf and it couldn't hurt exposure.

Or they could schedule the game 70 miles away at the Alerus Center ;)

MNLonghorn10
04-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Gah. Stupid flood.

sambini
04-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Probabaly a good thing.+++++++++++

Bison"FANatic"
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I am no coach but if it was me I would want it moved back so you can get your practices in while getting into a practice flow and not 2 this week 1 next week 3 the week after and so on. Pushing it back and gaining consistency will help them get more done in a short period of time and link practice to the next practice easier. Just my .02.

bincitysioux
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Or they could schedule the game 70 miles away at the Alerus Center ;)

Apparently they looked into it.

Link (http://http://www.areavoices.com/waynenelson/?blog=48233)

SDbison
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
So what is the practice schedule?
When is the spring game? And realistically what are the options for where it will be held?

tjbison
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
So what is the practice schedule?
When is the spring game? And realistically what are the options for where it will be held?

Well if they have one there is no reason it couldn't be a week night or even after the Turf is done at Dacotah they could have it there, IMO out of town is a bad idea but thats just me:hide:

MNLonghorn10
04-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Apparently they looked into it.

Link (http://http://www.areavoices.com/waynenelson/?blog=48233)

Thatd be sweet.

Id be down for a trip north.

UTH
04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Thatd be sweet.

Id be down for a trip north.

I just puked a little bit in my mouth.http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/BarfPukesmiley.gif

Cue another example of lakes being right in 5... 4... 3...http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/Smilies/headexplodesmilies.gif

Mr. Burgundy
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
I wish someone at NDSU would talk about the potential of a spring game. We have as many fans that go to a spring game as SDSU has season ticket holders. It would be nice if someone would talk about this potential game, and how they intend to market that game. There are alot of people VERY interested in some position battles.

SDBISON....I agree with alot of the things you say, and I agree that Nick is not the answer, but why is Jose not the answer? Why is the kid out of Wisco that we just signed that will redshirt not the future at QB? While I understand you are not a Nick fan, I think we have a couple of other kids that may be pretty darn good.

lakesbison
04-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Burgandy. I tried to form a committee with RoadWarrior and NDSU.

Thus far, no one has contacted me from NDSU.

THURSDAY May 8th 6pm (weekend of MN Fishing opener!)

Tailgate opens at 1pm.

NDSU SPRING GAME IN CONJUNCTION WITH THANK YOU FARGO FLOOD PARTY!!!

get 19,000 people there, make it free and make money off parking and concessions and THANK ALL THE FLOOD FIGHTERS!!

AEBison1998
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
SDBISON....I agree with alot of the things you say, and I agree that Nick is not the answer, but why is Jose not the answer? Why is the kid out of Wisco that we just signed that will redshirt not the future at QB? While I understand you are not a Nick fan, I think we have a couple of other kids that may be pretty darn good.

The kid we got this year was 6'3" and 210 lbs. (I only list this because people were complaining that we can't land a 6'3" kid.)

I'm with Burgundy. We don't know that Jose or Brock aren't excellent QB's. (We don't know that they are either.) The beauty of college football....these kids grow up in 4-5 years and you never know until it's over.

MontBison
04-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Burgandy. I tried to form a committee with RoadWarrior and NDSU.

Thus far, no one has contacted me from NDSU.

THURSDAY May 8th 6pm (weekend of MN Fishing opener!)

Tailgate opens at 1pm.

NDSU SPRING GAME IN CONJUNCTION WITH THANK YOU FARGO FLOOD PARTY!!!

get 19,000 people there, make it free and make money off parking and concessions and THANK ALL THE FLOOD FIGHTERS!!

Not happening Fargo Marathon will be in the dome.

VanClubPres
04-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Not happening Fargo Marathon will be in the dome.

Yep, I have seen in the past that the stores like Scheels and other Running stores are setting up wens night or thurs morning.

Bisonguy
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Lakes.

Epic.

Fail.

lakesbison
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
bisonguy. its not an epic fail.

just wrong date.

Bisonguy
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
That was the definition of epic fail.

This is the interweb afterall, so I'm right and you're wrong. :nod:

UTH
04-09-2009, 04:29 AM
That was the definition of epic fail.

This is the interweb afterall, so I'm right and you're wrong. :nod:

Hard to argue with that. So, maybe lakes isn't always right. You win some, you lose some. Time to change the signature, I guess...

IzzyFlexion
04-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Lakes.

Epic.

Fail.

Should I stop payment on my $1,000.00 check?

IzzyFlexion
04-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Hard to argue with that. So, maybe lakes isn't always right. You win some, you lose some. Time to change the signature, I guess...

How about changing it to "lakes and cv are the same person"

cvbison1
04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
How about changing it to "lakes and cv are the same person"

wow, that is the complement i have been waiting for, for a long time :nod:

IndyBison
04-12-2009, 03:21 AM
I worked another scrimmage at Indiana State today. They have some athletes but they just don't seem like a team that can hang with the Bison team I perceive. It wil be interesting to see them in real competition. I look forward to November 14 in Terre Haute. Their RB looked good and they have a couple big hitting safeties.

TheBisonator
04-12-2009, 04:19 AM
I worked another scrimmage at Indiana State today. They have some athletes but they just don't seem like a team that can hang with the Bison team I perceive. It wil be interesting to see them in real competition. I look forward to November 14 in Terre Haute. Their RB looked good and they have a couple big hitting safeties.

Hey IndyBison, any new word on if INSU will be building a new on-campus stadium??

IndyBison
04-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Hey IndyBison, any new word on if INSU will be building a new on-campus stadium??

I only heard that was what they are still trying to do. For now they are getting the city to replace their existing turf (it's in really bad shape) and adding more locker room facilities. Their stadium is apparently city owned and they are just letting the team use it. I can't imagine it holds any more than 6 or 7k with bleachers only on one side. There's a small hill on the opponents side. I found a picture of it on the ISU web site (http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15200&KEY=&ATCLID=1097436&SPID=10518&SPSID=88123).

IndyTreeFan
04-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi guys! Thought I'd drop in and see what's happening over here at Bisonville.

IndyBison is probably right, we're not going to be at the place, YET, where we can seriously hang with you guys, but it's all moving in the right direction. You all have no concept, and I sincerely hope you never find out, how close to zero our football program was. Therefore, picking up a few real players here and there, and building a team from the ground up is the mode we're in right now. I've heard rumblings that we are going to get a real steal of a transfer at QB, which would move our offense forward by light-years. We'll see if that pans out.

As for our stadium, it's old, rickety, crumbling, and desperately in need of replacement. Memorial Stadium, our current home, is in fact owned by the city of Terre Haute, and Indiana State holds a 99-year lease on it. I don't think we actually pay anything for it (I would hope not), and it has certainly outlived its usefulness. It seats between 12-13,000 for football and actually has quite a history associated with it. (When it was first built in the 1920's, it was the second largest baseball stadium in the country, with Yankee Stadium being the biggest...)

Anyway, the stadium will be replaced. I think they've even picked out the site for the new stadium, but there are two towers on that site that need to be torn down, which will happen in the next couple of years. Things have a tendency to move quickly with our AD, who surprised the heck out of all of us with the announcement a couple of weeks ago that after baseball season ends, we're building a new baseball stadium. That one came of of left field...(no pun intended)

Hope you are all drying out, and that the flooding stays away! I must commend your school and community for the way you all came together to serve one another and your city. It was beauty in the midst of despair. You all should be proud.

Take care!!!!

IndyBison
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi guys! Thought I'd drop in and see what's happening over here at Bisonville.

IndyBison is probably right, we're not going to be at the place, YET, where we can seriously hang with you guys, but it's all moving in the right direction. You all have no concept, and I sincerely hope you never find out, how close to zero our football program was. Therefore, picking up a few real players here and there, and building a team from the ground up is the mode we're in right now. I've heard rumblings that we are going to get a real steal of a transfer at QB, which would move our offense forward by light-years. We'll see if that pans out.

As for our stadium, it's old, rickety, crumbling, and desperately in need of replacement. Memorial Stadium, our current home, is in fact owned by the city of Terre Haute, and Indiana State holds a 99-year lease on it. I don't think we actually pay anything for it (I would hope not), and it has certainly outlived its usefulness. It seats between 12-13,000 for football and actually has quite a history associated with it. (When it was first built in the 1920's, it was the second largest baseball stadium in the country, with Yankee Stadium being the biggest...)

Anyway, the stadium will be replaced. I think they've even picked out the site for the new stadium, but there are two towers on that site that need to be torn down, which will happen in the next couple of years. Things have a tendency to move quickly with our AD, who surprised the heck out of all of us with the announcement a couple of weeks ago that after baseball season ends, we're building a new baseball stadium. That one came of of left field...(no pun intended)

Hope you are all drying out, and that the flooding stays away! I must commend your school and community for the way you all came together to serve one another and your city. It was beauty in the midst of despair. You all should be proud.

Take care!!!!

That place seriously holds 12-13k? The bleachers didn't seem any bigger than one side of the Fargodome and that place holds 18k.

As for the QB transfer, could you be getting the guy out of Michigan? I know they moved one of the QBs to WR for the scrimmage on Saturday so maybe they were making room. You also have a guy who was pretty solid at the small school level in Indiana (Matt King from Rockville) and a few studs from Center Grove (5A state champs in 2008). The QB from my local HS (same one that produced Greg Oden and Mike Conley in BB) is also signed to go to ISU this Fall. It will take a couple years but ISU won't be the pushover they are today. Miles appears to be a great coach who wants to make something of this program. Good luck to the Sycamores!

IndyTreeFan
04-13-2009, 05:59 PM
That place seriously holds 12-13k? The bleachers didn't seem any bigger than one side of the Fargodome and that place holds 18k.

Seriously! There used to be metal bleachers on the other side, too, and the capacity at that time was 20,500. The biggest crowd we ever had was about 18,500. Lots of games between 14-17,000. Of course, that was before we SUCKED!!!

If I find out who the QB transfer is, I'll let you know...

IndyBison
04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Seriously! There used to be metal bleachers on the other side, too, and the capacity at that time was 20,500. The biggest crowd we ever had was about 18,500. Lots of games between 14-17,000. Of course, that was before we SUCKED!!!

If I find out who the QB transfer is, I'll let you know...

They must cram a lot of skinny Terre Hautians into those bleachers then! ;)

I know they only had one QB at the scrimmage Saturday because they put the red jersey on him and he wasn't allowed to be contacted. They did have a former QB (#15) that they decided the day before to convert to WR and he had all kinds of trouble lining up (on the line, off the line. offsides). He did make a very nice TD catch though. Maybe they moved him because they knew they had a couple decent freshmen coming in and a possible transfer.

The funny part of the QB in the red jersey was the offense ran a QB draw on one play. Kind of unfair since the defense couldn't touch him!! I thought it was kind of funny though.

IndyTreeFan
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
The funny part of the QB in the red jersey was the offense ran a QB draw on one play. Kind of unfair since the defense couldn't touch him!! I thought it was kind of funny though.

We plan to try that play out during next season...:bunnyb:

NDSUstudent
04-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Spring practice to resume Saturday....

FARGO - North Dakota State had yet to hear from the NCAA on Thursday regarding its appeal to extend spring football dates. No matter. The Bison are done waiting.

Practice resumes Saturday.

The Bison will conduct their first full-pad workout after suspending spring practice almost two weeks ago because of a lack of practice facilities. The grass fields were covered with snow and the Fargodome was not consistently available.

So head coach Craig Bohl halted spring workouts until April 26. In the meantime, the school was busy working with the NCAA over timeline waivers.

For instance, NCAA rules mandate the 15 allowable practices have to be held in a 34-day span.

“The NCAA kept looking at it and not making decisions,” Bohl said. “They would continually evaluate and ask questions. We give them answers and they would go back to committee and table it a couple of days. So we said we just have to go.”

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/237561/group/home/

SDbison
04-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Spring practice to resume Saturday....

FARGO - North Dakota State had yet to hear from the NCAA on Thursday regarding its appeal to extend spring football dates. No matter. The Bison are done waiting.

Practice resumes Saturday.

The Bison will conduct their first full-pad workout after suspending spring practice almost two weeks ago because of a lack of practice facilities. The grass fields were covered with snow and the Fargodome was not consistently available.

So head coach Craig Bohl halted spring workouts until April 26. In the meantime, the school was busy working with the NCAA over timeline waivers.

For instance, NCAA rules mandate the 15 allowable practices have to be held in a 34-day span.

“The NCAA kept looking at it and not making decisions,” Bohl said. “They would continually evaluate and ask questions. We give them answers and they would go back to committee and table it a couple of days. So we said we just have to go.”

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/237561/group/home/
Bohl must really be frustrated by now with all the curent issues (flood, spring practice delay, QB shortage, player drug and alcohol problems, 5th home game, etc.) If he would have had any hair before this season he would have pulled it out by now!