PDA

View Full Version : Twins Opening Day Roll Call!!

lakesbison
04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
its the MOST WONDERFUL TIME... OF THE YEAR!!

I love opening day!! its just electric, I havent missed one in over 10 years home or away opening for the twins!!

If anyone is going to the twins game, HUBERTS 4pm, see you there in back!!

Ill be there tuesday too!! LETS DO THIS TWINKIES!!!

aces1180
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Honest question, Lakes.

Do you have a trust fund or something? How do you find the time and the money to do all these things?

BTW - I love opening day...It's one of my top five sports days of the year.

1. Bison football opener
2. MLB baseball opening day
3. NFL kickoff Sunday
4. First day of the NCAA men's basketball tournament
5. NYE - Beginning of non-stop bowl games.

coldspot
04-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Lakes occupation is similar to...
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/d/images/deuce-bigalow-male-gigolo-2.jpg

im a little dissappointed that im going to have to miss the game tonight, but its a long season. its not like i wont watch at least 120 of their games this season.

SDbison
04-06-2009, 05:45 PM
its the MOST WONDERFUL TIME... OF THE YEAR!!

I love opening day!! its just electric, I havent missed one in over 10 years home or away opening for the twins!!

If anyone is going to the twins game, HUBERTS 4pm, see you there in back!!

Ill be there tuesday too!! LETS DO THIS TWINKIES!!!
Don't you mean most boring time of the year......basketball and hockey are nearing an end and then all there will be for 3 months is baseball, golf and soccer.....yuck!
Don't even mind throwing a baseball around or playing some golf......but as a spectator sport all of the above are about as exciting as watching grass grow or paint dry.

bisonaudit
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Haven't you heard that grass growing is a competitive sport in this country?

Given all the features in news papers, lawn of the month contests from coast-to-coast, and the proliferation of neighboorhood open houses one could even infer that competitive grass growing is a large and popular spectator sport.

56BISON73
04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Don't you mean most boring time of the year......basketball and hockey are nearing an end and then all there will be for 3 months is baseball, golf and soccer.....yuck!
Don't even mind throwing a baseball around or playing some golf......but as a spectator sport all of the above are about as exciting as watching grass grow or paint dry.

There is turkey hunting and fishing. Turkey hunting opens this wed in KS. But many states have seaons going in to May. Then of course the walleye opener is May 9th in MN. So fising should be good till the middle of June or until the water really warms up. But then you can go to Canada. So Im looking at about a month and a half to 2 months of down time to rest up for FB season:nod:

SDbison
04-06-2009, 10:11 PM
There is turkey hunting and fishing. Turkey hunting opens this wed in KS. But many states have seaons going in to May. Then of course the walleye opener is May 9th in MN. So fising should be good till the middle of June or until the water really warms up. But then you can go to Canada. So Im looking at about a month and a half to 2 months of down time to rest up for FB season:nod:
Good points. I love to go fishing (beer drinking) too! BTW, nice fish PL. Is that one of those photo tricks where you push the fish away from your body and then do an extreme close up with the camera to make the fish look huge? just kidding......

56BISON73
04-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Good points. I love to go fishing (beer drinking) too! BTW, nice fish PL. Is that one of those photo tricks where you push the fish away from your body and then do an extreme close up with the camera to make the fish look huge? just kidding......

If I go out to Oahe this summer I will give you a call and see if you want to come along.

lakesbison
04-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Oh god nick punto $2.4million...are u freakin kiddin!!!! ???? this sucks,,,,,lots of people askin where the bison fans are???

aces1180
04-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Oh god nick punto $2.4million...are u freakin kiddin!!!! ???? this sucks,,,,,lots of people askin where the bison fans are???

Its even worse, lakes...Punto makes 4 million a year, not 2.4. What a joke.

bisonmike2
04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Honest question, Lakes.

Do you have a trust fund or something? How do you find the time and the money to do all these things?

BTW - I love opening day...It's one of my top five sports days of the year.

1. Bison football opener
2. MLB baseball opening day
3. NFL kickoff Sunday
4. First day of the NCAA men's basketball tournament
5. NYE - Beginning of non-stop bowl games.

Don't forget he's also going to the frozen 4. But hockey is a regional sport and nobody watches it, that is until NDSU puts a hockey team together.

lakesbison
04-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I goto.frozen four,with 4 buds i grew up.with. they are st cloud.alums ..... and ya i grew up,with gopher hockey...and yes its regional, but if gophs fball or bball does sumthin it trumps anything they do at mariucci.

game 2 tonite, twins looked pathetic last nite, downtown was off the hook though....even started.up.a.lil trash talkin with.iowa st fans at.the 'loon'!!! 5 months away!!

bisonaudit
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Franchise pitched well. 4 hits, zero walks. Only 2 Ks and a couple of mistakes in the wrong places.

What's up with the bullpen management? We're down 3 in the 8th and you blow through 4 arms trying to get 6 outs? What's the point of sending Franchise out there for the 7th if you're just going to waste 2 bullpen guys anyway?

King Felix made us look bad at the plate.

17>1
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I was wondering the same thing too about Lakes, unlimited funds and never seems to have a work schedule. Wish I were in those shoes. Any Bison fans taking in that Cubs-Twins series at Wrigley in June ? I think my dad and I are going to roadtrip it.

bisonmike2
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I was wondering the same thing too about Lakes, unlimited funds and never seems to have a work schedule. Wish I were in those shoes. Any Bison fans taking in that Cubs-Twins series at Wrigley in June ? I think my dad and I are going to roadtrip it.

I have a friend in Chicago who's organizing a get together around the game. I might hit is up now that Southwest fly's out of the TC for $50 each way. I'd definately go if Lakes would hook me up with some tickets. HEY LAKES! GET ME 3 TICKETS TO CUBS/TWINS! And by get me I mean, pay for them. Thanks.

lakesbison
04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
EVERYONE better be at wrigley june 12th!!

ebay has a boatload of bleacher seats for the series, like $50/game or $75.

its gonna be a sweet ass weekend. CROBAR baby!!

yea, why did we burn up all the arms last night??

Griffey still is amazing by the way.

and NICK PUNTO $4 million?? W T F !!

17>1
04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I agree audit, Franky looked solid. That ball that Gutierrez hit out to center, wasn't a real bad pitch, more a nice hit that he had to reach for. I thought a couple of at bats and plays were what cost us that game. Morneau's DP and Casilla's foul out to Beltre were not good and the 1st inning, I think Justin was safe @ first and that out entirely changed that inning when we could have struck for a couple early runs.

bisonaudit
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree audit, Franky looked solid. That ball that Gutierrez hit out to center, wasn't a real bad pitch, more a nice hit that he had to reach for. I thought a couple of at bats and plays were what cost us that game. Morneau's DP and Casilla's foul out to Beltre were not good and the 1st inning, I think Justin was safe @ first and that out entirely changed that inning when we could have struck for a couple early runs.

Totally agree on Monreau being safe at 1st in the 1st inning. That may have changed the entire complexion of the game. Hopefully those things even out over the course of a season.

lakesbison
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
how can we get rid of punto ?? seriously.

oh well, off to Huberts, its gorgeous out downtown!

Cya!

17>1
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
That's one nice thing about baseball, 162 games to get things worked out.

bisonaudit
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Punto was a real rally killer last night. A hit and a walk in three PAs turned a DP and handled all his chances on defense.

I can think of about 6 other guys that did less to help us win yesterday.

17>1
04-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I agree. I'm not ready to jump onto the "Let's get rid of Punto" bandwagon yet. I love the guy. He's pretty much a Twins baseball type of guy. Solid D, mediocre bat, runs the bases well, hustle hustle hustle, team first, play him wherever so he can contribute to the team. You never hear "That's just Punto being Punto" in a negative sense. A piranha man, a frikkin' piranha. Love it. Go Twins !!!

lakesbison
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
What a comeback!!! ya its 3:30am... mpls was partyin hard after that game...wow ..for the FIVE THOUSAND fans that left after the 8th.....SCREW U!!!

unbison
04-08-2009, 11:42 AM
lakes you are the ultimate sports fan i know it..... sorry i had to leave long drive back to fargo heard it on the radio.... and it was much better without you saying idiotic things in my ear......haha