PDA

View Full Version : 1st Conf Win

Herd
04-05-2009, 02:50 AM
Bison go 1-2 at S. Utah, winning game 3 of the series on Saturday 3-1 with 7 strong innings by Straka with 7 IP, 6 hits, 0 er.

This is a very young team that will compete for a Summit championships after this season. ORU will be tough, but we can at least compete well with the rest of the Summit in coming years.

This team needs a little love from the bison faithful. Pray for warm weather as the bison have a nice home stretch coming up in late April.

bisonpride
04-05-2009, 03:38 AM
Definitely something to build off of.

As far as competing for a Summit Championship.... Still a long ways to go. Maybe compete for a place in the tournament but NO ONE is competing with Oral Roberts for the title and hasn't for over a decade.

sambini
04-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Way to go Bison+++

Herd
04-05-2009, 04:40 PM
If the Bison can continue the trend of bringing in some quality players, we will move toward the top of the Summit. Great group of Freshmen and transfers the past offseason. We also need to continue to grow schollarships, that is the key. Finishing outside the top 4 in the Summit is not going to sit well . . . build this program.

lakesbison
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
i dont see why we cant be top 3 in the summit.

bisonpride
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
With continued growth of scholarships we can get to the top 3 but with out that it will not happen. Players want to go south to play and the only way to convince quality pitchers to go to ndsu is through scholarships. To expect them to be top 3 with out being at least top 5 in scholarships is too much to ask.

There is definitely some good young talent and a few solid transfers but the big difference is the increased travel budget to travel farther and play an easier schedule so far. The only close games travel wise were all Big 10 or Big XII opponents which is what they were forced to play before.

ndsubison1
04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
we need to try and continue to get the top talent from ND to play here. there is no doubt in my mind that the top tier talent from the state can play for us year after year. With a program like us where we're limited in scholarships and we're just on the brink of being a first year team, we need the top in-state talent to help us continue to grow and improve.

lakesbison
04-08-2009, 10:07 PM
If you go down to central minnesota, & Metro. you could get a starting 9 team every year that could win the summit. PERIOD.

ndsubison1
04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
If you go down to central minnesota, & Metro. you could get a starting 9 team every year that could win the summit. PERIOD.

them too, we need to get some studs from there as well, but the top talent in ND is pretty good as well year after year...

coldspot
04-08-2009, 11:58 PM
them too, we need to get some studs from there as well, but the top talent in ND is pretty good as well year after year...

think of this team plus elgie, lundy, ebert, frenzel next year, etc. there were also some kids that slipped through the cracks during the coaching transition. this team could be half to 3/4 north dakota kids if the recruiting wouldve happened.

lakesbison
04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Cold. Kyle Carr?

JacksFan06
04-09-2009, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Centenary came out on top this year.

coldspot
04-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Cold. Kyle Carr?

totally forgot about him. and there was a kid from hope/page i believe who went to some d1 out east.

ndsubison1
04-09-2009, 04:09 AM
think of this team plus elgie, lundy, ebert, frenzel next year, etc. there were also some kids that slipped through the cracks during the coaching transition. this team could be half to 3/4 north dakota kids if the recruiting wouldve happened.

elgie and frenzel are top D1 talent so pretty hard to get them but man that would've been awesome to get them... I know we recruited both of them though. Elgie was offered for baseball and I am guessing Frenzel was, no reason not to have offered... but I think we really missed out on both Lundy and Ebert as well. Ebert could've helped out our rotation a lot and Lundy is a freak. He's small put can piss the ball, I played against him in high school and dreaded everytime he came up to bat...

coldspot
04-09-2009, 05:12 AM
elgie and frenzel are top D1 talent so pretty hard to get them but man that would've been awesome to get them... I know we recruited both of them though. Elgie was offered for baseball and I am guessing Frenzel was, no reason not to have offered... but I think we really missed out on both Lundy and Ebert as well. Ebert could've helped out our rotation a lot and Lundy is a freak. He's small put can piss the ball, I played against him in high school and dreaded everytime he came up to bat...

i gave up a homerun to lundy that hasnt come down yet. its somewhere over williston. he is having a rough year this year at sam houston. ebert is having a great year down at florida international. i had the pleasure of playing with him for a year and he is a great guy.

bertschel was the name of the guy from hope i was thinking of. not sure where he went though.

bisonpride
04-11-2009, 04:54 AM
totally forgot about him. and there was a kid from hope/page i believe who went to some d1 out east.

Brady Burchill at Old Dominion. His older brother Justin played for NDSU.

bisonpride
04-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Need the scholarship money to keep those players here. They definitely are not going to come here for the awesome baseball weather. ;) I am pretty sure I heard that Elgie was offered close to double what any player had ever been offered at NDSU.

lakesbison
04-12-2009, 08:26 PM
NDSU beat oakland again!

wentz pitched great.