PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating For Spring Game

Bisonfan1
04-03-2009, 05:55 PM
What does everyone think about tailgating for the Spring Game ?

I called an NDSU official about tailgating for the basketball games and was told you can tailgate all you want for sporting events HOWEVER - adult beverages would be at your own risk. They only designate certain events for full blown tailgating that requires Security to be present. My opinion on Spring Football Tailgating :

Charge the normal fees per space to the west lot for tailgating.
Money made should be more than enough to pay Security.
I would think NDSU would have money in the bank after paying for services.
Could very well draw more people to the spring game, which means more money in the bank from the spring sale and luncheon.
It is just plain fun, I would think alot of people in Fargo would be about do for a little get together after this nightmare spring.
I cant wait until fall to have some of BisonGuys famous ribs.
Entertainment factor of LakesBison is worth the price of admission.

Am hoping the people here on Bisonville that have influence with NDSU and would like to see this and partake, contact the proper people at NDSU and run it by them for consideration.

mebisonII
04-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Honest question, do a lot of people go to the spring game? I've never been to one, so don't know if its well-attended at NDSU.

Seems like it could be made into a nice little event though....if its a nice day and you got someone like Famous Dave's to set up a little stand in the corner of the lot and offer a decent deal to get students to come over and check it out it could be a lot of fun.

Heck, get some local, desperate-for-attention band to set up and play for an hour without pay and you are all set!

HandoEX
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Honest question, do a lot of people go to the spring game? I've never been to one, so don't know if its well-attended at NDSU.

One side of the dome was maybe 1/4-1/3 full last year and there weren't any people in the end zones or other side of the field. It is a TON of fun though and tailgating would make the spring game the ultimate. The auctions would get more exposure, driving prices up and creating more revenue too. It's fun to see the stuff they sell there.

LET'S GET THIS DONE!

BisonBabe
04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I would like the idea of tailgating for the Spring game. It is something that I look forward to every year.

Tatanka
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Personally, I'll just be happy if they have a spring game this year... :smh:

BisonCountry
04-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Personally, I'll just be happy if they have a spring game this year... :smh:

I'll be happy if we have a Spring this year.

Gully
04-04-2009, 01:03 AM

I'll be happy if we have a year.

tjbison
04-04-2009, 02:56 AM
I'll be happy if we have a year.

Ill be happy to have a beer this year!!

Rockbear99
04-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Ill be happy to have a beer this year!!

The Bears got Cutler so I am just HAPPY.

sambini
04-04-2009, 05:46 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++

SDbison
04-04-2009, 12:48 PM
What does everyone think about tailgating for the Spring Game ?

I called an NDSU official about tailgating for the basketball games and was told you can tailgate all you want for sporting events HOWEVER - adult beverages would be at your own risk. They only designate certain events for full blown tailgating that requires Security to be present. My opinion on Spring Football Tailgating :

Charge the normal fees per space to the west lot for tailgating.
Money made should be more than enough to pay Security.
I would think NDSU would have money in the bank after paying for services.
Could very well draw more people to the spring game, which means more money in the bank from the spring sale and luncheon.
It is just plain fun, I would think alot of people in Fargo would be about do for a little get together after this nightmare spring.
I cant wait until fall to have some of BisonGuys famous ribs.
Entertainment factor of LakesBison is worth the price of admission.

Am hoping the people here on Bisonville that have influence with NDSU and would like to see this and partake, contact the proper people at NDSU and run it by them for consideration.
Hope someone gets this going. Between the economy, the flood and the delayed spring football we are all in the need of something to get excited about.
I am hobbling around this morning after having arthroscopic surgury on both knees yesterday. Had a meniscus tear repaired and other areas cleaned up. I need something to look forward to. Hockey is all done (my team won city championship), I can't play basketball and workouts will be limited.
Someone who has connections please see if something can be done to have a big tailgating event with the spring game.:nod:

IzzyFlexion
04-04-2009, 04:44 PM
The Bears got Cutler so I am just HAPPY.

Your enthusiasm and optimism miirors my sons. However, I have a feeling that this will be yet another stop in the Chicago Bears quarterback misery tour.

roadwarrior
04-04-2009, 04:50 PM
At this point I wouldn't get too excited for tailgating at the spring game. According to the forum today, the Fargodome is booked every weekend so the Bison will have to find a different location for the game if they have it on a saturday.

lakesbison
04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
THE FARGODOME NEEDS TO STOP THIS BS. and GIVE NDSU a time anyime!!

move shit around, this and summit league tourney NON-BID are really starting to piss me off ROB SOBOLIK!!!!

sambini
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Send him an email if your that pissed off Lakes. This flood has had an impact on the whole area. And its not over yet. I am grateful for the Fargodome being there in this time of need for the flood fight.

sambini
04-05-2009, 02:56 PM
At this point I wouldn't get too excited for tailgating at the spring game. According to the forum today, the Fargodome is booked every weekend so the Bison will have to find a different location for the game if they have it on a saturday. This flood and weather has impacted many things++++

imabison
04-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Send him an email if your that pissed off Lakes. This flood has had an impact on the whole area. And its not over yet. I am grateful for the Fargodome being there in this time of need for the flood fight.
I heard last night on WDAY that they are still going to use the Fargodome parking lot for additional sand bagging. This to bring the surplus up to 800,000 bags. Not inside, but outside.

I could have sworn I read somethere that the city already had 800,000 but not according to what I heard last night.

Bison"FANatic"
04-05-2009, 04:50 PM
THE FARGODOME NEEDS TO STOP THIS BS. and GIVE NDSU a time anyime!!

move shit around, this and summit league tourney NON-BID are really starting to piss me off ROB SOBOLIK!!!!

It is a Fargo venue not a NDSU venue. The Fargodome has been managed very well and turns a small profit every year. Its not as simple as just moving things around. I agree with Sambini you should send Rob a email. I believe you will see how you get put in your place. Once again Mouth in gear before brain in gear lakes. There is more to Fargo than NDSU and we need to keep all of the FM area happy so when NDSU needs something the non NDSU supporters will support our needs.

tjbison
04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
April 11th is open but I understand its too early
April 17th-19th is the Shrine Circus (already been rescheduled due to Flood)
April 25th-26th is the FM symphony
May 2nd - Elton John/ Billy Joel concert
May 9th - Fargo Marathon
May 16th - OPEN

Unless they wait till May 16th the Spring game will not be at the Fargodome on a Saturday, and NONE of those events will/can be moved or cancelled for a basically non-revenue event like the spring game.

didn't the FB team have spring troubles last year also, practiced at Casselton?? or am I thinking about something else

56BISON73
04-05-2009, 05:18 PM
May 9th - Fargo Marathon
May 16th - OPEN

Unless they wait till May 16th the Spring game will not be at the Fargodome on a Saturday, and NONE of those events will/can be moved or cancelled for a basically non-revenue event like the spring game.

didn't the FB team have spring troubles last year also, practiced at Casselton?? or am I thinking about something else

IMO they should postpone spring ball for a couple of weeks until everything smooths out.

Bisonguy
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
May 9th - Fargo Marathon
May 16th - OPEN

Yup, some practices in Casselton last year. Water issues this year out there, so no go.

Have the spring game at Fargo North if the Fargodome can't be used.

lakesbison
04-05-2009, 05:50 PM
FM symphony??? they arent in the gate city theatre hall?

gimme a break if that is in the MAIN arena. thats' a joke.

I tell ROB a couple times a year what I think.. he's cool about it.

DO it on a THURSDAY NIGHT! make a big deal outta it!!

ill be in charge if someone needs to be...

roadwarrior
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
The Fargodome is a city run business, and the purpose is to make enough money to cover expenses. They make about $5 for our spring game (no admission charge, no parking fees and no extra rental income). So to think they are going to move revenue producing events for a football practice, think again. They had already scheduled a date for the spring game, and now NDSU is not going to meet that date. You cannot lay any blame on the Fargodome or Rob Sobolik for that.

Oh, saturday May 16th is NDSU graduation at the dome.

A thursday evening would be a good solution.

tjbison
04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
The Fargodome is a city run business, and the purpose is to make enough money to cover expenses. They make about $5 for our spring game (no admission charge, no parking fees and no extra rental income). So to think they are going to move revenue producing events for a football practice, think again. They had already scheduled a date for the spring game, and now NDSU is not going to meet that date. You cannot lay any blame on the Fargodome or Rob Sobolik for that.

Oh, saturday May 16th is NDSU graduation at the dome.

A thursday evening would be a good solution.

Aww I thought there was something going on that date, but it wasn't listed on the Fargodome website!!

lakesbison
04-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Road and I will form a "THURSDAY NIGHT SPRING GAME COMMITTEE"

Can the members of bisonville raise $1000 to cover mine and road's expenses to get this done?

thank you.

roadwarrior
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Can the members of bisonville raise $1000 to cover mine and road's expenses to get this done?

Would those expenses be for bison bombs at our planning meetings? :D

unbison
04-06-2009, 01:55 AM
I am guessing lakes gets 850 and road gets 150 cause it was lakes idea to ask for money...... so road only gets a 15% commission

fargocyclone
04-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Road and I will form a "THURSDAY NIGHT SPRING GAME COMMITTEE"

thank you.

I hear the great Rev. Bob Johnson can get you all the money you need. All he asks in return is a small tatoo! :D

lakesbison
04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
THURSDAY May 8th 6pm (weekend of MN Fishing opener!)

Tailgate opens at 1pm.

NDSU SPRING GAME IN CONJUNCTION WITH THANK YOU FARGO FLOOD PARTY!!!

get 19,000 people there, make it free and make money off parking and concessions and THANK ALL THE FLOOD FIGHTERS!!

roadwarrior
04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Its not going to happen May 8th. Way too early. It will be after school is done for the semester.

sambini
04-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Fargo Marathon is that weekend also++

Bisonfan1
04-08-2009, 02:02 PM
THURSDAY May 8th 6pm (weekend of MN Fishing opener!)

Tailgate opens at 1pm.

NDSU SPRING GAME IN CONJUNCTION WITH THANK YOU FARGO FLOOD PARTY!!!

get 19,000 people there, make it free and make money off parking and concessions and THANK ALL THE FLOOD FIGHTERS!!

Besides the date Lakes that is what I am talking about. Make this happen - lets do this.

SDbison
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Besides the date Lakes that is what I am talking about. Make this happen - lets do this.
Who can get the tailgate, fargo flood volunteer celebration day and spring game thing happen. Would be awesome! Anybody........?
At least float the idea around to those in power so its gets some thought......how about bringing it up on hammer's show Lakes?

lakesbison
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
SCREW HAMMER.

Ill call Joel Heitkamp tomorrow I think.

Joel's a dumbass sioux fan, BUT, he did party like a ROCKSTAR down in Minneapolis for the NDSU-GOPH's football game 2 years ago.

Lakes' Sandbag/NDSU football Party.

Thursday May 15th.

$20 Gets you a Tailgate spot and Ticket to the NDSU game.

$5 going FARGO FLOOD RELIEF FUND.

Im gonna do this shit.

roadwarrior
04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Maybe we should know coach Bohl's schedule for spring football is before we plan a date that his team is expected to be there.

mebisonII
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Maybe we should know coach Bohl's schedule for spring football is before we plan a date that his team is expected to be there.

road, Bohl's schedule is whatever lakes says it will be. Yours too, for that matter. Get with the program. :ranting:

56BISON73
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM
NDSU and the Fargo Dome will be interested also to find out that someone is going to charge other people for THEIR facilities. :D

Herd80
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Set date for spring game...check
Charge for parking lot spots...check
Charge to enter Dome for game...check
Call J Heitkamp a dumbass...check
Put on Smurf jammies and go night-night...check

Day complete

lakesbison
04-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Kick herd in the JUNK....complete

Herd80
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM

For some insane reason, that even strikes ME as funny. Good one, Lakes

aces1180
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Is that how you fight, Lakes? Kicking dudes in the junk?

Bisonfan1
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
You guys are killing me here !!!! Ha Ha HA

Bisonguy
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
He is eye level with it.:D

Chea, I was gonna say it would be more of a headbutt to the junk, but maybe herd was sitting down????

SlickVic
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Ill call Joel Heitkamp tomorrow I think.

call jay thomas he all be just jacked about that garenteed

56BISON73
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Chea, I was gonna say it would be more of a headbutt to the junk, but maybe herd was sitting down????
LOL LOL :D :D

Hansel
04-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Why not play it in Bismarck- show the folks further west a little Bison football

Montana St plays their spring game in Great Falls

Montana moves their spring game around as well (Billings etc)

tjbison
04-09-2009, 02:57 AM

Sorry Herd but man this one made me laugh, almost lost some Dew thru my nose!! Good one Lakes

lakesbison
04-09-2009, 03:32 AM
WELL IM GONNA GET THIS SPRING GAME PARTY GOING.

SAMBINI.. thanks for your support!

and HERD for the JUNK!

sambini
04-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Is there even going to be a spring game ?

WYOBISONMAN
04-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Alright.....Lakes, Slick and PL....I cleaned the garbage out of this thread......let's keep it that way....

gotts
04-09-2009, 05:34 AM
I think at this point there's a better chance of the spring game being in Bismarck than Fargo, if it even happens at all...

lakesbison
04-09-2009, 05:37 AM
OK. Bismarck it is?

Lets do this.

sambini
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I heard today maybe have the spring game sunday after graduation. tenative

Ferd
04-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I heard today maybe have the spring game sunday after graduation. tenative

I heard the same thing. Why not Sunday?

lakesbison
04-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Sat May 16th. Getcha Popcorn ready!

gotts
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Sat May 16th. Getcha Popcorn ready!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Commencement :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

HooliganBison
04-10-2009, 03:23 AM
I remember watching the green and gold scrimmage game at the Bismarck community bowl as a kid. I don't see any reason they couldn't do it agan and help spread Bison fever out west.

IzzyFlexion
04-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Alright.....Lakes, Slick and PL....I cleaned the garbage out of this thread......let's keep it that way....

Dammit!!
I missed it!
Wyo, if you only knew how boring my life is...................
But, alas, I guess I understand. But, if you'll consider reinstating the nasty posts for viewing pleasure, I can work on getting that Minneapolis bartender broad to send you some nudes!:)

NDSUFan_Sav
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Dammit!!
I missed it!
But, alas, I guess I understand. But, if you'll consider reinstating the nasty posts for viewing pleasure, I can work on getting that Minneapolis bartender broad to send you some nudes!:)

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/429468/2/istockphoto_429468_live_nude_girls_neon_sign.jpg

sambini
04-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Well do you think there will be tailgating at graduation?

gotts
04-11-2009, 02:04 AM

I'll let you know once I actually graduate :D

WYOBISONMAN
04-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Dammit!!
I missed it!

The memories are all I need.....better than the nudes.......:nod:

Bisonfan1
04-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Why not ? Could make for a pretty interesting day :D

sambini
04-11-2009, 11:28 PM
We have plenty of beer for it+++

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2009, 04:41 AM
I remember watching the green and gold scrimmage game at the Bismarck community bowl as a kid. I don't see any reason they couldn't do it agan and help spread Bison fever out west.

I'd be down for a roadtrip out west.

Hammersmith
04-13-2009, 05:42 AM
I'd be down for a roadtrip out west.

Might need a boat to get there the way things are going.

It is a good idea, but I'm not sure this is the year to do it. Something like this needs to be promoted the hell out of and there isn't enough time to do that right. It should be looked into in the future when time isn't so critical. As for this year, just move it to a non-Saturday when the Fargodome is available and call it good. Make it a Thursday night or a late Sunday afternoon and pray for good weather. There was no chance for tailgating last year with the snow that got dumped on the region that weekend. I'm still amazed that SDbison made that trip.

SDbison
04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Might need a boat to get there the way things are going.

It is a good idea, but I'm not sure this is the year to do it. Something like this needs to be promoted the hell out of and there isn't enough time to do that right. It should be looked into in the future when time isn't so critical. As for this year, just move it to a non-Saturday when the Fargodome is available and call it good. Make it a Thursday night or a late Sunday afternoon and pray for good weather. There was no chance for tailgating last year with the snow that got dumped on the region that weekend. I'm still amazed that SDbison made that trip.
Just another adventure.....I think I drove 320 miles to make the normal 240 mile trip. Since I-29 was closed north of Brookings I drove over to highway 75 in Minnesota and then back to I-29 near the ND border. Was 0 visability at times and occasionally went through areas of blown in snow deeper than one foot. My wife thought I was nuts (but of course I already know I am)! :D

Mr. Burgundy
04-14-2009, 12:43 AM
I personally think they need to get this game set in stone. They have a month to do it. I have been told it will be between May 15th and 18th. So, get it set in stone and give the fans something to look forward to. We have dealt with a crappy season, a crappy winter, a flood, several arrests....can we simply watch our FB team play? I think the fanbase has earned it. Make it free. Let us tailgate, just do something.

Bisonfan1
04-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I personally think they need to get this game set in stone. They have a month to do it. I have been told it will be between May 15th and 18th. So, get it set in stone and give the fans something to look forward to. We have dealt with a crappy season, a crappy winter, a flood, several arrests....can we simply watch our FB team play? I think the fanbase has earned it. Make it free. Let us tailgate, just do something.

Have you mentioned tailgating ideas to any of your connections ? I have the trailer and grill ready to go !!! I still think would be a great turnout and money maker for NDSU to charge the space for tailgating, game should be free.

tjbison
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey I bet Jose "Cuervo" Mohler, Shamen "Shameonu" Washington and Troy "bong water" Jackson will have a hell of a Tailgate Party for the spring game, Cars, Booze, and Pot they will win the funnest Tailgate contest thats for sure!!:smh:

gobison
05-02-2009, 11:51 PM

I think I remember Bisonfan1 going to California and tailgating for the Michael Jackson Trial.

Bisonfan1
05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
I think I remember Bisonfan1 going to California and tailgating for the Michael Jackson Trial.

I was there !! I was the one on TV with the grill going and the noose hanging from the flag pole. Any excuse to tailgate and IM THERE !! Now if they have tailgating for the spring game up north, why dont we have it here ??? It would compliment everything else going on that day, especially on a Sunday, on mothers day, I dont see a very big crowd there this year.

TAILG8R
05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I believe Bisonfan1 was also seen on TV storming the 'court' as the verdict was read.

Bisonfan1
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM
I believe Bisonfan1 was also seen on TV storming the 'court' as the verdict was read.

Ok, yea, you got me, I was hoping that part would have gone un-noticed. :D

Bisonfan1
05-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Tailgating report for spring game 09. Only 2 rigs present, Battlewagon and Battlewagon jr. About 5 very small groups cooking in lot and that was it (all on east side) . We really have to rally together next year for organized tailgating for revenue reasons as stated in prior posts. Spring sale and game are ok, but it could be so much bigger and better.

tjbison
05-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Tailgating report for spring game 09. Only 2 rigs present, Battlewagon and Battlewagon jr. About 5 very small groups cooking in lot and that was it (all on east side) . We really have to rally together next year for organized tailgating for revenue reasons as stated in prior posts. Spring sale and game are ok, but it could be so much bigger and better.

there were probably alot of people who would have joined in but the fear of the Dome Nazis taking you down because its not technically a "football" game is a factor. and usually the weather in April is a little harsh, but beautiful today, I say spring game in May every year:p

TransAmBison
05-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Would have loved to join you tailgating, but had to cater to the mother-in-law. Without her, I wouldn't be able to tailgate and go to games during the season! I was just glad I could go to the game.

VanClubPres
05-11-2009, 04:26 AM
there were probably alot of people who would have joined in but the fear of the Dome Nazis taking you down because its not technically a "football" game is a factor.

Ashamed to say, that is the reason that the Van Club made no appearance. Talked to a couple of the usual Fun Nazis that patrol the west side, during the marathon, and they said that they were putting the brakes to anyone that would show up to tailgate. So my spine shriveled and I rode the bike instead.

Well done BF1, way to fight for our rights.......to taillllllllgate!!

That said, it was a beautiful day to ride a bike.

NDSUstudent
05-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Dome Nazi's also forced us not to, NDSU could probably draw 4-5k if they allowed tailgating, and if they have to pay for cops just charge for parking.

Bisonfan1
05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, if you are just tailgating by cooking and hanging out, like we were, there is no violation of law that I know of ?? We were told you can tailgate for any event on campus, just not with certain beverages during certain events. We payed attention to that, were given a "drive by " by staff that could see we were not doing anything wrong. Fed a couple of them there, no problems. Next year though, full blown tailgating, " US FANS NEED SPRING TRAINING ALSO "

tjbison
05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, if you are just tailgating by cooking and hanging out, like we were, there is no violation of law that I know of ?? We were told you can tailgate for any event on campus, just not with certain beverages during certain events. We payed attention to that, were given a "drive by " by staff that could see we were not doing anything wrong. Fed a couple of them there, no problems. Next year though, full blown tailgating, " US FANS NEED SPRING TRAINING ALSO "

are you sure there wasn't something mixed in the cups:hide:

Thats what I would have done anyways:p ;)

Tatanka
05-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah, the dome nazi's were pretty cool to us as well.

We had a great time, kids had a blast. I was definitely rusty with teh tent setup, but the new portable grill worked like a champ. Getting ready for fall!!!!

sambini
05-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Countdown for tailgating at IOWA STATE?