5.) IPFW (5)
6.) S. Utah (6)
7.) Centenary (9)
8.) UMKC (10)
9.) NDSUm (1)
10.) W. Illinois (8)

WYOBISONMAN
03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
I think that if NDSU gets hot at the right time of the season we could dance again....Once the tourney starts in Sioux Falls, we only need 3 wins!

HandoEX
03-31-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd think that most non-Bison fans will pick us to end up towards the bottom with only 1 returning starter and little knowledge of our underclassmen outside of Fargo. I still think we'll finish the regular season somewhere between 4 and 6 in the conference. Lundberg needs to be a stud (which I fully expect him to be) and our bigs need to play out of their minds come tournament time. The 2 and 3 will be really, really solid. Our 1 is mostly unknown and our 4 is young but talented. I can't wait!!!

HandoEX
03-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh and here's mine...

1)ORU
2)Oakland
3)Southern Utah
4)IUPUI
5)NDSU
6)SDSU
7) IPFW
8)Centenary
9)West Ill
10)UMKC

ndsubison1
03-31-2009, 07:09 PM
1. Oakland
2. Oral Roberts
3. IUPUI
4. SDSU
5. NDSU
6. SUU
7. Centenary
8. WIU
9. IPFW
10. UMKC

Oakland is far an away the favorite, I think they'll be dancing next year. They return Derick Nelson and ge ta Big East transfer in Larry Wright who avg. 9 ppg for St. Johns. They do lose Kangas but they still get those two guys. Keep in mind they still have 6'11 Benson, he's gonna be good! along with JJ, Will Hudson, and Maynard to name a few.

I think Oral Roberts is 2nd and then 3-6 will be a battle between us, SDSU, SUU, and IUPUI.

99Bison
03-31-2009, 07:15 PM
At end of regular season:
1. Oakland
2. Oral Roberts
3. NDSU
4. IUPUI
5. SDSU
6. SUU
... no idea after that.

unbison
04-05-2009, 01:30 PM
1. Da bison
2. Da bison
3. Da bison
Well you get the point.... Bison domination so brutal summit officials
Decide to list Bison 1 throug 10

JacksFan06
04-05-2009, 01:59 PM
1. Oakland
2. Oral Roberts
3. SDSU
4. IUPUI
5. SUU
6. IPFW
7. Centenary
8. NDSU
9. WIU
10. UMKC

I'm sure most Bison fans would disagree, but besides Tveidt who else can the bison count on? Most of their team are unknowns and the rest are role players at best (Flowers, Sussengragh, Vaugn, Coleman). Is there a team in the nation that has to replace more? Probably not.

unbison
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
SDSU should probably worry about replacing some incumbent starters......since they have yet to win a conference road game

Herd
04-05-2009, 04:54 PM
NDSU will significantly change the style of play next year, going from a perimeter based team to a team that can bang and score inside. We will be more of a physical bang it inside type of team with Nagel, Flowers, Goose, Coleman.

Look for Saul to give Zastrow the ball for the next 4 years, and Felt will start to provide some scoring punch as a Freshman, filling Nelson's shoes. The group of Vaughan, Tveidt, Lundberg and Coleman will be relied on to start the season, but as the Freshmen develop, we will be solid team by March.

The move that could land NDSU in the top 2 or 3 is the final scholarship. What will Saul do? NDSU finishing outside the top 5, I say no way.

tjbison
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
1. Oakland
2. Oral Roberts
3. SDSU
4. IUPUI
5. SUU
6. IPFW
7. Centenary
8. NDSU
9. WIU
10. UMKC

I'm sure most Bison fans would disagree, but besides Tveidt who else can the bison count on? Most of their team are unknowns and the rest are role players at best (Flowers, Sussengragh, Vaugn, Coleman). Is there a team in the nation that has to replace more? Probably not.

Well who can SDSU count on???? I didn't see anybody dominant on your team, granted its was only a couple games I seen, but in all there was nothing to brag about, i laugh at al the SDSU fans picking NDSU to suck next year and them to be a top 3 team LOL thats some funny s**t. Yes NDSU has to replace 4 guys, but those that played second this year played well, and there are a couple incoming guys that should help, and with one more Scholly i think we will be fine, I don't see finishing the season #1, but i bet we give a good run come Tourny time.

ndsubison1
04-05-2009, 07:54 PM
while we need to replace some big shoes, SDSU meanwhile needs to figure out how to win on the road... cant do that and you'll be 7th again...

I think we'll play good enough at home to keep us in the top 5... i think our freshmen will be able to give us more depth and help our upperclassmen with some scoring... nagel will give us a presence inside that we've lacked for a few years and aaberg will only provide us with more size... we will be deeper in the frontcourt which will help us quite a bit. if saul can somehow get a good one with our last scholly, we'll be fine... I like us at 5th right now with the potential to move up...

BisonBlogger
04-06-2009, 04:34 AM
Basketball games, especially at the college level are won and lost on guard play. How well the guards handle pressure, how well they shoot on the perimeter and defend the perimeter shot and how successful they are getting to the line and cashing in on FT's.

Next years Bison team will have quite a bit of experienced depth at the 3,4 & 5 spots but how well Lundberg, Vaughn and Coleman play will determine where they finish.

MNLonghorn10
04-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Tveidt shocks everyone avging 45 pts per game

HandoEX
04-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Tveidt shocks everyone avging 45 pts per game

19/6/3 are my regular season predictions.

45/20/10 in the tournament:nod:

DjKyRo
04-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah man - Tveidt and Vaughn are going to be our shockers on the perimeter. Oakland thought Tveidt was crazy in that last game with 21pts. and two threes that saved the game? They ain't seen nothin' yet.

Twentysix
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
My only prediction is SDSU beats us both times.

However we beat every opponent that beats sdsu.

Thus, we end up ranked higher at the end.

Sdsu is the 5 and we are the 4.

We beat SDSU in the first round.

Make it to the summit championship and lose to a sporatic cenetary.

No one really understands how cenetary got to the summit championship.

Cenetary goes to the NCAA tournament and loses in the first round to UNC 133-24

The future has been written as if it were the past.

We are now famous for allowing UNC to lay the beat down on cenetary.

Cenetary's leadership decides speech is a better suited division one sport for the school and abandons basketball as a whole.

Go on with your lives.

Twentysix
04-08-2009, 09:17 AM
I also predict UND goes back in time and trys to do the NDSU redshirt technique. Fails horribly, then loses the hockey championship and defects to canada.

45 years in the future, NDSU varsity hockey beats UND varsity hockey. UND drops hockey because of this and only plays hoverball. NDSU never plays this sport. UND then uses the bitch and complain technique that they had previously codenamed "Hockey".

(Trying to predict next years basketball standings is almost as dumb as prediciting NDSU beating UND in a sport we dont actually play)

unbison
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
wow 26 whats up with those posts

JacksFan06
04-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Well who can SDSU count on???? I didn't see anybody dominant on your team, granted its was only a couple games I seen, but in all there was nothing to brag about, i laugh at al the SDSU fans picking NDSU to suck next year and them to be a top 3 team LOL thats some funny s**t. Yes NDSU has to replace 4 guys, but those that played second this year played well, and there are a couple incoming guys that should help, and with one more Scholly i think we will be fine, I don't see finishing the season #1, but i bet we give a good run come Tourny time.

I'm not saying NDSU will "suck" next year, I'm just saying it's hard to rank them very high because there are a lot of question marks. Just like the football team, the basketball team is losing a lot of players and the players that fill in are probably talented but who knows really anything about them. As far as why I ranked SDSU higher, well let's look at what each team will look like next year:

SDSU
PG - SR Callahan (16pts, 2a)
SG - JR Moss (6pts, 4reb)
SF - JR Sargent (14pts, 3reb)
PF - SR Williams (10pts, 7reb)
C - JR Cordova (12pts, 7reb)

Lose: 2 walk-ons
Gain: 2 true freshman (6'7 PG White, 6'8 F Fiegen, 1 scholly left)
1 Redshirt freshman (6'7 SF Radar)
1 JUCO (6'10 C Davis)

NDSU:
PG - SO Lundberg ( ? )
SG - SR Vaughn (3pts, 2reb)
SF - JR Tveidt (10pts, 3reb)
PF - SR Flowers (4pts, 3reb)
C - SR Sussenguth (1pt, 1reb)

Lose: 5 Starters, 1 Non-factor
Gain: 3 True Fr (6'3 G Felt, 5'11 PG Zastrow, 6'9 PF Aaberg, 1 scholly left)
1 transfer (6'2 PG Lundberg)
1 RS Freshman (6'9 C Nagel)

Can NDSU finish in the top 5 of the conference? Yes. But you would have to be a homer to rank them that high before the season starts just based on the fact that who knows how Lundberg, Nagel, Felt, Aaberg, Zastrow will play, and who knows if Coleman, Vaugn, Flowers, Sussenguth will turn into more than just role players.
Where as SDSU didn't lose anybody and if they can win the games they lost on the road (lost 4 road games on buzzer beaters) in what seems to be an easier conference, they can finish top 3, at least top 5.

Ferd
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Can NDSU finish in the top 5 of the conference? Yes. But you would have to be a homer to rank them that high before the season starts just based on the fact that who knows how Lundberg, Nagel, Felt, Aaberg, Zastrow will play, and who knows if Coleman, Vaugn, Flowers, Sussenguth will turn into more than just role players.
Where as SDSU didn't lose anybody and if they can win the games they lost on the road (lost 4 road games on buzzer beaters) in what seems to be an easier conference, they can finish top 3, at least top 5.

This seems like a fair assessment.

But, what I'm interested in is predictions after the first two weeks of the season. They might actually be more insightful.

ndsubison1
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I also predict UND goes back in time and trys to do the NDSU redshirt technique. Fails horribly, then loses the hockey championship and defects to canada.

45 years in the future, NDSU varsity hockey beats UND varsity hockey. UND drops hockey because of this and only plays hoverball. NDSU never plays this sport. UND then uses the bitch and complain technique that they had previously codenamed "Hockey".

(Trying to predict next years basketball standings is almost as dumb as prediciting NDSU beating UND in a sport we dont actually play)

it's called predicting, it's what a lot of fans do after the season because they are looking forward to the next season...

NDSUstudent
04-09-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm not saying NDSU will "suck" next year, I'm just saying it's hard to rank them very high because there are a lot of question marks. Just like the football team, the basketball team is losing a lot of players and the players that fill in are probably talented but who knows really anything about them. As far as why I ranked SDSU higher, well let's look at what each team will look like next year:

SDSU
PG - SR Callahan (16pts, 2a)
SG - JR Moss (6pts, 4reb)
SF - JR Sargent (14pts, 3reb)
PF - SR Williams (10pts, 7reb)
C - JR Cordova (12pts, 7reb)

Lose: 2 walk-ons
Gain: 2 true freshman (6'7 PG White, 6'8 F Fiegen, 1 scholly left)
1 Redshirt freshman (6'7 SF Radar)
1 JUCO (6'10 C Davis)

NDSU:
PG - SO Lundberg ( ? )
SG - SR Vaughn (3pts, 2reb)
SF - JR Tveidt (10pts, 3reb)
PF - SR Flowers (4pts, 3reb)
C - SR Sussenguth (1pt, 1reb)

Lose: 5 Starters, 1 Non-factor
Gain: 3 True Fr (6'3 G Felt, 5'11 PG Zastrow, 6'9 PF Aaberg, 1 scholly left)
1 transfer (6'2 PG Lundberg)
1 RS Freshman (6'9 C Nagel)

Alot of question marks? SDSU went 13-20 last year, you might want to worry about your own question marks first. I'm not saying you guys will suck but I have seen our guys play and there isn't a doubt in my mind that they can compete with the squad you guys will be running out next year.

I will add this, we have a bunch of older players that have waited a long time for a chance to play and they have seen first hand what it takes to win at this level. You may not agree with this but I don't care, I think those players have just a good chance at finding success as a team that returns everyone but went 13-20 does in fact I might even like their odds better.

JacksFan06
04-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Alot of question marks? SDSU went 13-20 last year, you might want to worry about your own question marks first. I'm not saying you guys will suck but I have seen our guys play and there isn't a doubt in my mind that they can compete with the squad you guys will be running out next year.

I will add this, we have a bunch of older players that have waited a long time for a chance to play and they have seen first hand what it takes to win at this level. You may not agree with this but I don't care, I think those players have just a good chance at finding success as a team that returns everyone but went 13-20 does in fact I might even like their odds better.

Agree to disagree.
The question mark for SDSU will be can they win road games, SDSU fans feel that added experience and a team of JR's and SR's instead of SO's and JR's will help. I think a NDSU reporter stated that they wouldn't have won their close games this year with out fifth year seniors and how experience counts in close games.
Like I said before, not saying NDSU doesn't have the potential to be good but they are going to rely heavily on players that don't have any DI experience. A lot will depend on how well they can handle it. I would assume Felt or Lunberg are going to be counted as the #2 scorers? I mean, who knows, there's a lot of room for speculation.

BisonBlogger
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
One thing that will be a definite change for next years squad will be that it most likely will feature a more balanced attack offensively. It was no secret that for the last two years that most of the scoring was going to come from the perimeter players.

With an improved Flowers, a Sussenguth getting a chance and a banger like Nagel getting on the floor, I don't think there is any doubt that there is going to be more scoring in the paint. With more threats to score inside, it should take some of the pressure off the perimeter players to have to put up double figures every game in order to win games.

You know Saul will have the team playing defense so with a balanced club the Bison could be a big surprise to league especially if Nagel can be a factor.

NDSUstudent
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Agree to disagree.
The question mark for SDSU will be can they win road games, SDSU fans feel that added experience and a team of JR's and SR's instead of SO's and JR's will help. I think a NDSU reporter stated that they wouldn't have won their close games this year with out fifth year seniors and how experience counts in close games.
Like I said before, not saying NDSU doesn't have the potential to be good but they are going to rely heavily on players that don't have any DI experience. A lot will depend on how well they can handle it. I would assume Felt or Lunberg are going to be counted as the #2 scorers? I mean, who knows, there's a lot of room for speculation.

NDSU's roster has 6 upperclassmen and one transfer who has played in the MVC and another freshmen who saw some time in basically every game. That is 8 players with DI experience and that is far cry from saying they will rely heavily on players that don't have any DI experience.

As for SDSU your team went 1-15 on the road last year. NDSU's team has never been that bad, not even when Woodside and Company were freshmen. Not saying you can't improve but your problem goes a bit deeper than just experience. It wasn't like you lost all those close games against experienced laiden teams either.

tjbison
04-09-2009, 05:34 PM
One thing that will be a definite change for next years squad will be that it most likely will feature a more balanced attack offensively. It was no secret that for the last two years that most of the scoring was going to come from the perimeter players.

With an improved Flowers, a Sussenguth getting a chance and a banger like Nagel getting on the floor, I don't think there is any doubt that there is going to be more scoring in the paint. With more threats to score inside, it should take some of the pressure off the perimeter players to have to put up double figures every game in order to win games.

You know Saul will have the team playing defense so with a balanced club the Bison could be a big surprise to league especially if Nagel can be a factor.

NDSU's roster has 6 upperclassmen and one transfer who has played in the MVC and another freshmen who saw some time in basically every game. That is 8 players with DI experience and that is far cry from saying they will rely heavily on players that don't have any DI experience.

As for SDSU your team went 1-15 on the road last year. NDSU's team has never been that bad, not even when Woodside and Company were freshmen. Not saying you can't improve but your problem goes a bit deeper than just experience. It wasn't like you lost all those close games against experienced laiden teams either.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

unbison
04-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Jacks suck.... he says we lost 5 starters... confusing.... mr basketball south dakota will be back to cut down nets in sioux falls.... sorry jacks fans