PDA

View Full Version : Utah State & Nevada 9/12/09

lakesbison
03-31-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/w...l-schedule.php

UTAH STATE 9/12/09 WAC ATTACK!!! they need a home game!!

lets see how we stack up for that conference!!

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/wac/2009-nevada-wolf-pack-football-schedule.php

Nevada.. party in RENO!!

SDbison
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/w...l-schedule.php

UTAH STATE 9/12/09 WAC ATTACK!!! they need a home game!!

lets see how we stack up for that conference!!

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/wac/2009-nevada-wolf-pack-football-schedule.php

Nevada.. party in RENO!!

You might be onto something here Lakes......no way should NDSU be playing a home game against some NAIA, DII or transitional like UND. Very few FCS possibilites left for Sept 12 and most of them really suck or also need a home game too.

BisonNeil
03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
You might be onto something here Lakes......no way should NDSU be playing a home game against some NAIA, DII or transitional like UND. Very few FCS possibilites left for Sept 12 and most of them really suck or also need a home game too.

While I agree with the NAIA or DII, there is no way I can agree with only having a 4 home game season. That is too much to ask of a team that is NOT in transition (wasn't one of the reasons the MVFC was so attractive was stabalizing the scheduling?).

I don't care how bad a FCS team sucks in your mind, playing only four games in the dome is unacceptable. I pay too much to TeamMakers to mentally justify amortizing it against only 4 games. Six would be great, five acceptable, 4 is simply not enough and I for one will be making Taylor understand that if this comes to fruition. Sorry, you and Lakes are way off base in my opinion.

Besides, with 5 returning starters, and one of them the QB, you really want to play 2 FBS teams in the first four games, play the first four games on the road and play a total of seven games on the road? Unbelievable...

lakesbison
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
iowa state & sdsu WILL be home games!!!

put a cream puff at home on 11.7.09 to offset the other FBS game

MN_BISON
03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Didn't the ISU game get moved to a Thursday night game? If I'm right about that, then you can forget calling it a home game, not everyone has the same work schedule as you Lakes, that would mean taking 2 or 3 days off work and a lot of people just can't do that. What could have been a great road game for the Bison will just be OK now with this Thursday night crap.:banghead:

lakesbison
03-31-2009, 06:27 PM
twin cities fans should get there easily, leave work on thursday, take friday off. or hell, drive back!

SDbison
03-31-2009, 06:33 PM
twin cities fans should get there easily, leave work on thursday, take friday off. or hell, drive back!
Devoted football fans will take one or two days off work to see the Bison beat another FBS team. Maybe that paint job will have to be done on two consecutive weekends or that trip to aunt betty's house postoned until next year. It's Bison football people.....you are either a fanatic or just another fan.

SDbison
03-31-2009, 06:41 PM
While I agree with the NAIA or DII, there is no way I can agree with only having a 4 home game season. That is too much to ask of a team that is NOT in transition (wasn't one of the reasons the MVFC was so attractive was stabalizing the scheduling?).

I don't care how bad a FCS team sucks in your mind, playing only four games in the dome is unacceptable. I pay too much to TeamMakers to mentally justify amortizing it against only 4 games. Six would be great, five acceptable, 4 is simply not enough and I for one will be making Taylor understand that if this comes to fruition. Sorry, you and Lakes are way off base in my opinion.

Besides, with 5 returning starters, and one of them the QB, you really want to play 2 FBS teams in the first four games, play the first four games on the road and play a total of seven games on the road? Unbelievable...
Well, there are few FCS teams available and most of those are short home games too. Just because one or two are available on Sept 12 doesn't mean they will agree to play the Bison. If it comes down to no game, or an away game, it will likely be an FBS game.
As for the QB situation I am still hanging onto the belief there will be a good FBS transfer available for next year. If not, I reserve the right as a teammaker, fan, and alumnus to start criticizing NDSU's athetic department and coaches for not doing a better job at QB recruiting and completing a schedule that is expected for program like NDSU. Some things have been handled exceptionally well during and just after the transition. A few areas have much to improve.

MN_BISON
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM

Yeah, I'll be there, easy drive from Minneapolis, just saying it might be harder for some people living further away. I hope I'm wrong, but I still think the Thursday schedule will hurt our showing in Ames although it would make a hell of a start for a nice long Labor Day weekend.:nod:

lakesbison
03-31-2009, 06:46 PM
ITS perfect!! hit cities wednesday night.

head to Ames thursday morning, tailgate starts at noon, game at 7

Friday, drive back and get to the LAKES FOR WEEKEND!!!

BisonNeil
03-31-2009, 07:23 PM
iowa state & sdsu WILL be home games!!!

If the game isn't in Fargo and/or the FargoDome playing on their turf in front of 18,000 fans, and if the players and coaches have to travel more than 10 miles to dress for the game, and if NDSU athletics doesn't get the gate proceeds, then it isn't a home game no matter how many fans show up.

SDbison
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
If the game isn't in Fargo and/or the FargoDome playing on their turf in front of 18,000 fans, and if the players and coaches have to travel more than 10 miles to dress for the game, and if NDSU athletics doesn't get the gate proceeds, then it isn't a home game no matter how many fans show up.
Revenue for an away FBS game can equal or exceed what is shared with NDSU at a Fargodome home football game.:D

NorthernBison
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Playing on the road Sept. 12 means that the first game in Fargo would be Oct. 3. Definitely a calculated risk. Drop a few games to start and you can forget about getting the dome much more than half full.

I'll live with whatever Gene comes up with but four home games is pretty thin.

NDSUstudent
03-31-2009, 08:53 PM
We will play at home, and under no circumstances will we play a 2nd FBS. The days of playing two FBS schools are done.

CaBisonFan
03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I think we can beat them.

SDbison
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
We will play at home, and under no circumstances will we play a 2nd FBS. The days of playing two FBS schools are done.
Are you sure? Other FCS teams have played 2 FBS teams in a season. Looking at the very few options left Gene might be forced to take a second FBS game this season. We are backed into a corner and a NAIA or DII team is unacceptable. There are maybe 3 teams FCS teams left that are even a possibility. I won't be making the trip to Fargo to watch a cellar dwelling FCS team play NDSU.....

lakesbison
03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
GET NEVADA. then GET a really crappy FCS school to come here and over pay them for the slaughter.

5 home games, 7 road.

roadwarrior
03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
GET NEVADA. then GET a really crappy FCS school to come here and over pay them for the slaughter.

5 home games, 7 road.

Sorry lakes, you cannot have 12 games this year.

lakesbison
03-31-2009, 09:56 PM
then we'll forfeit the missouri st game then.

SDbison
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM

5 home games, 7 road.
Can't schedule 12 games except every 3 years or so......Gene voted against 12 games every year and he didn't take advantage of the recent ability to have 12 games.

BisBison
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Revenue for an away FBS game can equal or exceed what is shared with NDSU at a Fargodome home football game.:D

short term yes, but long term team maker donations depend on fball home games.

NDSUstudent
03-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Are you sure? Other FCS teams have played 2 FBS teams in a season. Looking at the very few options left Gene might be forced to take a second FBS game this season. We are backed into a corner and a NAIA or DII team is unacceptable. There are maybe 3 teams FCS teams left that are even a possibility. I won't be making the trip to Fargo to watch a cellar dwelling FCS team play NDSU.....

They play two FBS games because they need the money. NDSU can play a team at home and take in more than what the guarantee check would be for either USU or Nevada. Also if we play two FBS teams our playoff chances are done, may as well join the FBS if we are going to schedule ourselves out of the playoffs.

Shawn-O
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Playing on the road Sept. 12 means that the first game in Fargo would be Oct. 3. Definitely a calculated risk. Drop a few games to start and you can forget about getting the dome much more than half full.

I'll live with whatever Gene comes up with but four home games is pretty thin.

For a football school, that is very, very thin.

Shawn-O
03-31-2009, 11:44 PM

5 home games, 7 road.

Tell ya what. You take Utah St....Logan would be good for you. We'll play Nevada.

lakesbison
04-01-2009, 12:44 AM
F B S . is where we should go.

screw the fcs.

Ferd
04-01-2009, 01:35 AM

screw the fcs.

I'm sorry, Lakes. Until we can raise $15 million for a new BB arena you can quit talking about FBS.

We'd need a new football stadium to compete at the FBS level and we can't even afford 1/2 a basketball arena!

:banghead:

lakesbison
04-01-2009, 01:58 AM
how sad is that..

Shawn-O
04-01-2009, 03:03 AM
how sad is that..

Considering you were 2-8 in the NCC six years ago...not that sad.

THAT'S A COMPLIMENT RUBES!!!

rabidrabbit
04-01-2009, 03:21 AM
I'll note that SUU is already scheduled by Utah St., so they're unlikely to play a 2nd FCS team in 09.

Any OVC or CAA teams available?

Know the GWFC teams are looking for games. Especially the newest 2 :D

ndsubison1
04-01-2009, 05:05 AM
only 4 homes game next year? I think I threw up a lil in my mouth...

westnodak93bison
04-01-2009, 09:16 AM
lakes you are crazy. How can we not schedule another home game?
May as well put Texas on the schedule. If we did lakes would want another FBS team like USC lol.

SDbison
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
All I can say is it's ridiculous to have to wait this long and then be desperate to fill the schedule. Come on Gene, there is much room for improvement in this area......
Message to Bohl and Vigen......your QB recruiting has much to be desired. Duh, it's the most important position on the team and it looks like you treat it as the least.

bisonmike2
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
UxD. Don't care which one just get it done.

/I'll duck out of here before Lakes sees this and flips out. CAP LOCK ATTACK COMING UP!!!!

NDSUstudent
04-01-2009, 07:11 PM

/I'll duck out of here before Lakes sees this and flips out. CAP LOCK ATTACK COMING UP!!!!

UND landed Stony Brook on Oct 6th so they now have 11 games. Lakes can rest easy.

Bison_Pride
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Utah State and Nevada would be a great idea if NDSU wasn't playoff eligible and didn't play in the toughest conference in the FCS. Too many losses = no playoffs, no sellouts. We all know that unless this team is in the playoffs or sporting a great record, all the crybabies are going to coming out of the woodwork. Didn't Gene Taylor just say that now that NDSU is playoff eligible that the scheduling philosophy was going to change?

SDbison
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Utah State and Nevada would be a great idea if NDSU wasn't playoff eligible and didn't play in the toughest conference in the FCS. Too many losses = no playoffs, no sellouts. We all know that unless this team is in the playoffs or sporting a great record, all the crybabies are going to coming out of the woodwork. Didn't Gene Taylor just say that now that NDSU is playoff eligible that the scheduling philosophy was going to change?
OK smart guy so why does Gene allow the football program to get painted into a scheduling corner for the past several years.....this time its really going to hurt. Playing the holy blind nuns is not going to do much to improve a ranking that will likely be outside of the top 25 to start the year, nor will it prepare the team for the tough conference schedule. It also will likely mean the home opener may not be a sellout for the first time in several years. Why is it most every other competitve FCS school has their schedule complete by now? Answers.....anyone......

bisonmike2
04-01-2009, 09:33 PM
OK smart guy so why does Gene allow the football program to get painted into a scheduling corner for the past several years.....this time its really going to hurt. Playing the holy blind nuns is not going to do much to improve a ranking that will likely be outside of the top 25 to start the year, nor will it prepare the team for the tough conference schedule. It also will likely mean the home opener may not be a sellout for the first time in several years. Why is it most every other competitve FCS school has their schedule complete by now? Answers.....anyone......

I have no answers but I have also been confused as to why it appears SDSU has had their scheduled set the past 5 years and for the next 5 and we don't know about ours until what seems like mid-summer. Are we that intimidating that other teams don't want to schedule us anymore? (I say that half jokingly)

SDbison
04-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I have no answers but I have also been confused as to why it appears SDSU has had their scheduled set the past 5 years and for the next 5 and we don't know about ours until what seems like mid-summer. Are we that intimidating that other teams don't want to schedule us anymore? (I say that half jokingly)
Glad to hear you say that because other than saying Gene isn't getting the job done this is the only other explanation..........

roadwarrior
04-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Answers.....anyone......

The biggest problem Gene has is that nobody wants to play us, especially in Fargo.

NDSUstudent
04-01-2009, 09:44 PM

NDSU and SDSU schedule a bit differently. For example they did a 2 for 1 with Delaware and that is something NDSU would not do.

SDbison
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
The biggest problem Gene has is that nobody wants to play us, especially in Fargo.
If that is the case then maybe NDSU will just have to play another FBS game. This is just crap having wait until the last desperate moment each and every year!

SDbison
04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
If that is the case then maybe NDSU will just have to play another FBS game. This is just crap having wait until the last desperate moment each and every year!
Maybe set up a home and home with Hawaii?

NDSUstudent
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM

The FBS games are part of the problem in my opinion, they limit us from doing home and homes. Thus creating the situation we are now in.

I'm not saying we shouldn't play FBS teams but maybe it isn't a good idea every year. If the FBS is Minnesota or Wisconsin or Nebraska then there is no doubt we should schedule them but maybe we are better off doing a home and home with a Big Sky or Southland team over playing a MAC or Wyoming type of FBS.

UTH
04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
UND landed Stony Brook on Oct 6th so they now have 11 games. Lakes can rest easy.

Why all the hate on lakes concerning that issue??? Sometimes he's right.;)

tjbison
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
The FBS games are part of the problem in my opinion, they limit us from doing home and homes. Thus creating the situation we are now in.

I'm not saying we shouldn't play FBS teams but maybe it isn't a good idea every year. If the FBS is Minnesota or Wisconsin or Nebraska then there is no doubt we should schedule them but maybe we are better off doing a home and home with a Big Sky or Southland team over playing a MAC or Wyoming type of FBS.

No thanks

Ill take CAA, SoCon and Southland anyday over the Big Fluffy Clouded Sky, screw them east my friend east is where we need to play!!!

BisoninNWMN
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Agreed.

This is bullsh** having to wait for a 5th home game.......IMO....we should have 6 home games every yr but that is a separate battle.

GT needs to get his crap together with the FB schedule....if the FBS game "hamstrings" the scheduling then don't do it every year. Home/home with some quality FCS would be nice. He better get some type of home game for the 12th.......fricking Oct for the first home game.......would be suicide....

8 conference games....FBS......WTF....2 games to really schedule......and if it is that hard to get FCS teams coming to Fargo....then why the hell didn't he get UND.....70 frickin miles away....definite sell-out.......he just let UND go......hell, let's get UMCrookston or Mayville State....:mad: :mad:

BisBison
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Agreed.

This is bullsh** having to wait for a 5th home game.......IMO....we should have 6 home games every yr but that is a separate battle.

GT needs to get his crap together with the FB schedule....if the FBS game "hamstrings" the scheduling then don't do it every year. Home/home with some quality FCS would be nice. He better get some type of home game for the 12th.......fricking Oct for the first home game.......would be suicide....

8 conference games....FBS......WTF....2 games to really schedule......and if it is that hard to get FCS teams coming to Fargo....then why the hell didn't he get UND.....70 frickin miles away....definite sell-out.......he just let UND go......hell, let's get UMCrookston or Mayville State....:mad: :mad:

He didn't "just let und go" THEY LEFT. IIRC they also have only 4 home games and are looking for a home game to finish their schedule. I'm not sure that they'd want another away game on their schedule right now even IF we asked them. GOD I wish people would just relax, :banghead: we'll get a 5th game. If I was a doctor I'd be perscribing medication for a bunch of people right now.

BisoninNWMN
04-01-2009, 11:12 PM
He didn't "just let und go" THEY LEFT. IIRC they also have only 4 home games and are looking for a home game to finish their schedule. I'm not sure that they'd want another away game on their schedule right now even IF we asked them. GOD I wish people would just relax, :banghead: we'll get a 5th game. If I was a doctor I'd be perscribing medication for a bunch of people right now.

Oh, ya the earth will stop...

Most schools have their schedules set .....sometimes yrs in advance.....GT has a habit of completing ours later rather than sooner.....

Grizzled
04-01-2009, 11:20 PM

I'm sure they would say no if we asked them because they just signed on a 5th home game today with Stoney Brook so their schedule is full. I agree though, I think we'll get a 5th home game but would like to hear about it sooner rather than later.

lakesbison
04-01-2009, 11:23 PM
WE ARE NEVER ASKING THOSE BIT CHES UP NORTH FOR A GAME!

F THEM!

SEE THE LIGHT PEOPLE 6 YEARS AND GROWING!! HOLLA!! REJOICE!!!

OK... in listening in on Gene the last couple times the issue has been brought up, there WILL BE A HOME GAME VS A CRAPPY FCS TEAM. oK?

however, I just figured, we already got a home game in SDSU and IOWA STATE.... lets goto RENO baby!!!

rutlandbison
04-02-2009, 12:22 AM
WE ARE NEVER ASKING THOSE BIT CHES UP NORTH FOR A GAME!

F THEM!

SEE THE LIGHT PEOPLE 6 YEARS AND GROWING!! HOLLA!! REJOICE!!!

OK... in listening in on Gene the last couple times the issue has been brought up, there WILL BE A HOME GAME VS A CRAPPY FCS TEAM. oK?

however, I just figured, we already got a home game in SDSU and IOWA STATE.... lets goto RENO baby!!!
Lets play UND

tjbison
04-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Lets play UND

Just throwing another log on the fire man, just another log on the fire....................

56BISON73
04-02-2009, 12:50 AM

screw the fcs.

May be should concentrate on winning the conference FIRST before considering that move???? Then of course there is the money for such a move.

bisonmike2
04-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Just throwing another log on the fire man, just another log on the fire....................

UND UND UND UND UND UND UND UND UND UND UND UND UND.

Cue Lakes meltdown in 3....2....1...
http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/mercedestech-albums-random-picture8468t-dancing-fat-kid.gif
http://quakeragitator.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mushroom-cloud.jpg

Mr. Burgundy
04-02-2009, 01:04 AM
How can people really rip on Gene? Seriously. Has he struggled during this transition??? Anyone want to take any bets on the schedule? WOW.

JSUBison
04-02-2009, 03:16 AM

http://blog.makezine.com/CAPS_LOCK_TRAINER_KEY.jpg

Grizzled
04-02-2009, 03:40 AM
How can people really rip on Gene? Seriously. Has he struggled during this transition??? Anyone want to take any bets on the schedule? WOW.

Agreed. I think we'll be fine. I'm more concerned about when and where spring ball will take place than I am about the schedule.

ndsubison1
04-02-2009, 05:06 AM
sorry guys but home and home deals with FBS teams are never going to happen... FBS teams will never play at FCS schools barring some miracle... just not enough exposure at the FCS level, stadiums usually are too small and for revenue reasons...

Bison_Pride
04-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Ok smart guy, so you think that they Wyoming game really "prepared" the team for the conference opener against Youngstown St? Are you really saying that if Gene Taylor was a smart athletic director he would open up the season with 4 straight road games?

WYOBISONMAN
04-02-2009, 12:07 PM

I agree, the schedule will be fine. Gene has given us tremendous leadership over this entire transition. Leadership that any school would be envious of. The schedule will get worked out and we will have another fun season of football with great competition.

SDbison
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Ok smart guy, so you think that they Wyoming game really "prepared" the team for the conference opener against Youngstown St? Are you really saying that if Gene Taylor was a smart athletic director he would open up the season with 4 straight road games?
Yeah, the Wyo game showed the chinks in Mertens armor and since then he has been worthless.........

lakesbison
04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Have u lost brincells since the wyo trip???
2 int's off shoulder pads and a bad wr route WERENT NICKS FAULT....JEEEESUS!!

bisonmike2
04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, the Wyo game showed the chinks in Mertens armor and since then he has been worthless.........

I might be the only person who thinks this but if we manage to not blow the Wyoming game and think our entire season has a different outcome. I have no real reasoning behind it but I just felt that our team got it's heart ripped out in that game and it stuck with us the whole year. People can rip me on that, it's just a personal feeling I have.

BlueBisonRock
04-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I might be the only person who thinks this but if we manage to not blow the Wyoming game and think our entire season has a different outcome. I have no real reasoning behind it but I just felt that our team got it's heart ripped out in that game and it stuck with us the whole year. People can rip me on that, it's just a personal feeling I have.

Mike, I agree with you. Even though the preceeding games were 'easy', the Bison including Mertens looked good. It appeared to me that the team and the QB in particular lost confidence in the second half of the Wyoming game and never recovered. After Wyoming, it seemed that Joe Btfsplk was hanging around the sidelines.

SDbison
04-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I might have lost some brain (not brin) cells since last fall, but doubt it clouded my memory and perception that much. Nick just doesn't seem to have the leadership (trust of the team to guide them to best chance of victory), football intelligence (i.e. ability to make good quick decisions) and capability to execute when most needed (IT factor). It is obvious from last year that Nicks football intelligence lacked due to bad decisions made during, and especially at the end of several games. Of course without the football intelligence he can hardly even be in a position to execute when needed. Nick might have athleticism down, but one of his biggest problems is leadership.
I will give you a story on leadership, one that others on this board likely have similar experience with.........
Back in high school the QB during my junior year had the athleticism and football intelligence thing down pretty good. He also was a leader. When things got tough he could look at all the guys faces in the huddle and instill confidence. One example of many is when I got called for holding on a TD pass of around 50 yards. Coach was chewing my ass from the sidelines and distracting everyone. QB mumbles a couple things, tells us to ignore the coach, looks at everyone and says we are going to do it again. Next play guess what, 60 yard TD. Saved my butt in the process too. (BTW, that QB went on to lead a DIII college team to a national championship).
.........Back to Nick, it is his job to put the damn ball in a catchable place most everytime. When he or others screw up it is up to him to say, "hey ignore that cause you will catch the next one". Nick just doesn't project that kind of confidence.
NOTE: As for a running QB Nick is average at best at the FCS level (might have worked in high school to take off running, but players too quick now).

56BISON73
04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Mike, I agree with you. Even though the preceeding games were 'easy', the Bison including Mertens looked good. It appeared to me that the team and the QB in particular lost confidence in the second half of the Wyoming game and never recovered. After Wyoming, it seemed that Joe Btfsplk was hanging around the sidelines.

The lost confidence was lost in increments. 3rd down situations that werent converted. The QB coughing the ball up, tripping over his own feet, throwing in to triple coveraage while other receivers are open, never winning the game when being put in a position to win the game. After awhile it beats a team down. The WY game just started it.

Another big factor is---- you cant give up 7-14 points at the beginning of every game and expect to realistically win the game.

tjbison
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Man a Utah St and Nevada thread turned into a Nick Mertens sucks thread, is it still Nov. 2008?????:hide:

SDbison
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Man a Utah St and Nevada thread turned into a Nick Mertens sucks thread, is it still Nov. 2008?????:hide:
Yes the bitter taste of that unfulfilled season still haunts me.......

bisonmike2
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes the bitter taste of that unfulfilled season still haunts me.......

Let it go...just let it go. Remember we made the NCAA tournament! All is good again. Save your disappointment for when the season actually starts.

lakesbison
04-02-2009, 05:55 PM
SD BISON... u still didnt answer my question.

THOSE (int's at wyoming) WERENT HIS FAULTS!! period, end of story.

NOW>

I WANT INTO THE WAC.. like yesterday.

lets see how we stack up against Utah st or Nevada.!!!!

SDbison
04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
SD BISON... u still didnt answer my question.

THOSE (int's at wyoming) WERENT HIS FAULTS!! period, end of story.

NOW>

I WANT INTO THE WAC.. like yesterday.

lets see how we stack up against Utah st or Nevada.!!!!
Read my long post..... a leader says, hey you dropped 2 balls but this time you are going to catch it.....in tough situations a good QB wills the team to try again and projects the confidence they will come through and then makes it happen. Receivers are going to drop balls now and then, its the confidence of a leader that makes them forget and come through in the end.
I didn't like Nicks attitude at the end of the lost games (from news interviews)......I think he is too cocky and doesn't take on a positive leadership role. Somebody tell me different if they have inside info to the contrary.......

56BISON73
04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Read my long post..... a leader says, hey you dropped 2 balls but this time you are going to catch it.....in tough situations a good QB wills the team to try again and projects the confidence they will come through and then makes it happen. Receivers are going to drop balls now and then, its the confidence of a leader that makes them forget and come through in the end.
I didn't like Nicks attitude at the end of the lost games (from news interviews)......I think he is too cocky and doesn't take on a positive leadership role. Somebody tell me different if they have inside info to the contrary.......

I watched his interaction with the other players and the players IMO didnt respond favorably to him. There was one instance where he said something to a lineman and the lineman looked at him in disbeleif as in what the F//////. Another time a group was sitting on the bench when he said something and they all kind of looked at each other and shook there heads. May be thats why He was by himself most of the time on the sideline.

tjbison
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM

I watched his interaction with the other players and the players IMO didnt respond favorably to him. There was one instance where he said something to a lineman and the lineman looked at him in disbeleif as in what the F//////. Another time a group was sitting on the bench when he said something and they all kind of looked at each other and shook there heads. May be thats why He was by himself most of the time on the sideline.

What the hell, i'll chime in also

man you two hit this right on!!! I never said anything about this but also noticed the "i'm the king of the world" type attitude. Now could it be that Walker was able to "control" the previous group with respect for them and in turn the players gave him the respect back, so Mertens is thinking he can talk the way Walker did, but isn't getting the same response, due in part to his subpar on field performance???:hide:

56BISON73
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
What the hell, i'll chime in also

man you two hit this right on!!! I never said anything about this but also noticed the "i'm the king of the world" type attitude. Now could it be that Walker was able to "control" the previous group with respect for them and in turn the players gave him the respect back, so Mertens is thinking he can talk the way Walker did, but isn't getting the same response, due in part to his subpar on field performance???:hide:

If you are going to talk the talk you had better be able to produce on the field. Now I know I dont know what his relationship is with the players but I do know one thing. If you can produce on the field it makes up for other short comings. If you cant produce no amount of talking will help you. As a matter of fact talking when not pproducing will dig you in a deeper hole.

NDSU1980
04-02-2009, 11:34 PM

The WHOLE DISASTEROUS SEASON was Mertens fault. Probably his mothers fault too, when you think about it. If it's Mertens in 09, we might as well pack it in.

cvbison1
04-03-2009, 12:07 AM
The WHOLE DISASTEROUS SEASON was Mertens fault. Probably his mothers fault too, when you think about it. If it's Mertens in 09, we might as well pack it in.

last time i checked football consists of 11 players, not 1. I'd worry more about the O Line

TransAmBison
04-03-2009, 12:24 AM
last time i checked football consists of 11 players, not 1. I'd worry more about the O Line
How many interceptions did the o line throw last year?

cvbison1
04-03-2009, 02:55 AM
How many interceptions did the o line throw last year?

how many forced throws did mertens have? guess the o line doesn't matter huh.

56BISON73
04-03-2009, 03:00 AM

How many times did he cough the ball up in crucial situations? How many games did he win when the opportunity presented itself.
The o-line can only hold the rush for a certain period of time. Mertens had plenty of time. The problem arrises when he didnt have the ability to check off his intended receiver when he was covered.

tjbison
04-03-2009, 03:01 AM

So every interception was caused by the O-line???? not every INT was a rushed throw, Mertens continually watched his target all the way thru the route, he is a CB's dream QB

borderbison
04-03-2009, 03:06 AM
I don't post everyday but I most definitely read the board every day. I am simply amazed how 90% of all threads end up bashing Mertens. I was a believer in Mertens to start 08'. He obviously didn't live up to the hype but he certainly wasn't alone. Dropped balls started it in Wyoming and then he threw the bad pass at the end to set up the field goal. SD, Lakes, Slick, Wyo, myself, and MNBison never hung the loss soley on Mertens after the game that day in Laramie and I still believe that but he was surely a big part of the unravelling. The sad part is he never regained confidence which shows he doesn't have the intangibles to be Walkeresque. However, the Walkers are few and far between although that's whole different discussion. After Wyo, everything just sort of fell apart. Mertens played bad at Youngstown but the defense was just as bad. He played well enough to beat SDSU but Perles went away from what was working which was ridiculous. I agree you can hang UNI and Western Illiniois on him. My point is this; from all indications, Mertens is the man, at least his job to lose, in 2009 so we need to believe he can get it done. Vigen will implement schemes that will maximize his abilities. I'm not defending his play or mistakes but just saying I'm getting behind this kid right now. Lets right this train and get back on the track.

cvbison1
04-03-2009, 03:26 AM
So every interception was caused by the O-line???? not every INT was a rushed throw, Mertens continually watched his target all the way thru the route, he is a CB's dream QB

ya buddy, the o-line threw all the INTs. wow is it so hard to look a little deeper into something haha. i'm in awe by this one

tjbison
04-03-2009, 03:34 AM
ya buddy, the o-line threw all the INTs. wow is it so hard to look a little deeper into something haha. i'm in awe by this one

Where in my post did I say the O-line THREW the ints??????:banghead:

i'm also in AWE!!:rofl:

cvbison1
04-03-2009, 03:39 AM
blah blah, rable rbale rable rable. rawr.........as i said. look deeper. i know....i'm way to deep for you to catch it. but it'd be funny if u'd se

ndsubison1
04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
can we get back to scheduling... :hide:

BisonNolesFan77
04-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Holy hell...talk about beating a dead horse here. Vanilla Play Calling, D's stacking the box against the run because they knew that we couldn't throw the ball, poor reads and lack of execution by the QB, dropped balls by the WR's, OL that was beat up and hurt all season...

Back to the schedule please...

BisoninNWMN
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
......back to the schedule......wish the 5th game would get done soon....Is there any FCS schools even available now for the 12th???

stevdock
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Devoted football fans will take one or two days off work to see the Bison beat another FBS team. Maybe that paint job will have to be done on two consecutive weekends or that trip to aunt betty's house postoned until next year. It's Bison football people.....you are either a fanatic or just another fan.

Just another quote saying you have to go wherever the Bison go to be a true fan. I haven't missed a home game in about 15 years, but there is no way I can go to Iowa St and probably not SDSU either. When will this crap stop?? It really irritates alot of people on this board when you make statements like this.

lakesbison
04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Charleston Southern, Grambling, Alcorn st.

if we dont do another FBS, I say these 3.

56BISON73
04-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Just another quote saying you have to go wherever the Bison go to be a true fan. I haven't missed a home game in about 15 years, but there is no way I can go to Iowa St and probably not SDSU either. When will this crap stop?? It really irritates alot of people on this board when you make statements like this.

Did the parameters change for being a true fan??? I thought you had to wear yellow and stand the whole game.:D

tjbison
04-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Did the parameters change for being a true fan??? I thought you had to wear yellow and stand the whole game.:D

No PL, thats only 2 of 3 qualifications:hide:

UTH
04-05-2009, 10:56 PM
No PL, thats only 2 of 3 qualifications:hide:

I believe there's a fourth, but its very existence is classified...:hide:

56BISON73
04-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I believe there's a fourth, but its very existence is classified...:hide:

If thats the case then I must be on double sercret probation?? :D