PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Pick Now?...Can Kansas Win Again?

CaBisonFan
03-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna go with Missouri after what I saw last night. They're probably an outside shot...but I like the way they played.

Does anyone think that Kansas can win the title again?

Maybe nobody's in the mood for this kind of conversation right now...but I'm trying to lighten my own mood up. Listening to KFGO online is really disturbing. Hope everyone is OK. Be careful guys.

Bison bison
03-28-2009, 01:12 AM
listening to kfgo is always disturbing :p

CaBisonFan
03-28-2009, 01:45 AM
listening to kfgo is always disturbing :p

I guess you have a point there. We just logged in to watch WDAY online news...and it gave us a pretty good idea of how bad things are.

I must admit that Louisville looked pretty good tonight.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-28-2009, 03:46 AM
no KU can't win again

NDSUFan_Sav
03-28-2009, 04:04 AM
aside from collins and aldrich they don't have really much to go to, taylor here and there showed some throughout the season but other then those 2 they're very inexperienced and if they were playing against a different team then dayton in the 2nd round would of game them some troubles possibly. I even think we would of beat them if they would of played like that against us.

TILIS-BisonFan
03-28-2009, 04:07 AM
im really liking the way uconn, louisville, and unc has looked.. they are the deepest and yeah number ones but if i had to pick id take unc.. when they play defense they are 5-10 points better than anyone in the country

westnodak93bison
03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Kansas blew a nice lead last night.

sambini
03-28-2009, 03:03 PM
My daughter likes North Carolina and I think a Big East School will do it.

ndsubison1
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Im still going with UConn, although I hope they lose to Mizzou!

SE_Kansas_Hawk
03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
aside from collins and aldrich they don't have really much to go to, taylor here and there showed some throughout the season but other then those 2 they're very inexperienced and if they were playing against a different team then dayton in the 2nd round would of game them some troubles possibly. I even think we would of beat them if they would of played like that against us.

That's exactly the reason KU wasn't going to win it this year. You can't just rely on 2 players to carry you throughout the entire tournament. IF Aldrich and Collins stay in school they'll have plenty of help next year. Only 202 day's until Late Night lol. Hope you guy's have a great off-season as well.

IzzyFlexion
03-28-2009, 08:39 PM
That's exactly the reason KU wasn't going to win it this year. You can't just rely on 2 players to carry you throughout the entire tournament. IF Aldrich and Collins stay in school they'll have plenty of help next year. Only 202 day's until Late Night lol. Hope you guy's have a great off-season as well.

What a devastating blow to the program if both Collins and Aldrich leave. Actually, even if just one of them does.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-28-2009, 09:02 PM

I'm a KU fan as well and I've watched a good portion of their games this season...Taylor stepped up a few games and he'll turn into a really good player he honestly reminds me of Chalmers how Chalmers was when he was young and just how they play Reed and Morningstar will get that much better next year. Self had turned them around after the 1st Mich St loss and I didn't think a win was out of the question but I wasn't expecting one even with the lead they had and at the end collins was forcing things he shouldn't have been (passes and shots) and with Morris brothers should turn around next year after the off season and 2 studs coming in as freshmen....should be a good team if everyone comes back.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-28-2009, 09:06 PM
What a devastating blow to the program if both Collins and Aldrich leave. Actually, even if just one of them does.

Aldrich sounds like he plans on coming back and wants to.....also Collins was mad when the players left after last season because he knew they had a special team and knew they could of had a great year again, so I have a feeling after getting out early in the tourney he'll come back and have more experience around him.

onbison09
03-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Probably Louisville or Nova.

Flintstone
03-29-2009, 03:05 AM

KU will be pre-season top 5 next year if either Aldrich or Collins returns. Should be #1 if both are back (I've been a KU BB fan since the early 90's so my opinion is pretty biased)

NDSUFan_Sav
03-29-2009, 03:52 AM
KU will be pre-season top 5 next year if either Aldrich or Collins returns. Should be #1 if both are back (I've been a KU BB fan since the early 90's so my opinion is pretty biased)

i'd say top 5 too i said that to a friend about a month or 2 ago and with how well self has turned this team around they could do really well next year, especially seeing they could of won that game but when you could tell the inexperience out there....i figured they'd lose, but i thought they had the talent to advance too, would of struggled against Louisville though.

ndsubison1
03-29-2009, 05:06 AM
after seeing how kansas has played the past month or so I think they'll be a top 5 team... along with michigan st., wake forest, duke, and villanova (that's if everybody returns for these teams)

NDSUFan_Sav
03-29-2009, 08:59 AM
after seeing how kansas has played the past month or so I think they'll be a top 5 team... along with michigan st., wake forest, duke, and villanova (that's if everybody returns for these teams)

any idea what was the change from this years mizzou team and last years???

ndsubison1
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
any idea what was the change from this years mizzou team and last years???

more experience and the players starting to buy into Mike Anderson's system...

KC Bison
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
KU does have a couple of top recruits coming in; Thomas Robinson the #18 ranked player in the country is a 6'8" power forward and Elijah Johnson a 6'2" combo guard, the #27 overall ranked player. If everyone stays, this is clearly a top 5 team and even if there is one defection, they're still probably in the top 10. Also with Memphis's coach going to Kentucky, KU is back in running for Xavier Henry, #3 ranked player in the country who is released from his commitment to Memphis.