PDA

View Full Version : The days after in Minneapolis

Bison"FANatic"
03-23-2009, 01:43 AM
So the wife and my daughter and I made a weekend out of it down in the Twin Cities and wore our green and yellow all weekend. I was amazed at the people that walked up to us and were congratulating us on a good season and how they thought we were going to pull it out. Tons of Kansas fans telling how much we made a impact and are going to make a impact. Gopher fans just telling us in the elevator how great we did. I heard a ton of times. "waite till you see what this does to your recruiting" I hope they are right. I even had a UND grad talking to me telling me he never thought he would see the day he was sitting in a bar full of UND fans and they were going nuts for the Bison but he did on Friday. I have never been stopped and talked to wearing my Bison gear as much as I was on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All around from around the cities to the Mall of America, to Albertville. We can not quantify how much this appearence meant to the programs and the school.

BisBison
03-23-2009, 02:21 AM
So the wife and my daughter and I made a weekend out of it down in the Twin Cities and wore our green and yellow all weekend. I was amazed at the people that walked up to us and were congratulating us on a good season and how they thought we were going to pull it out. Tons of Kansas fans telling how much we made a impact and are going to make a impact. Gopher fans just telling us in the elevator how great we did. I heard a ton of times. "waite till you see what this does to your recruiting" I hope they are right. I even had a UND grad talking to me telling me he never thought he would see the day he was sitting in a bar full of UND fans and they were going nuts for the Bison but he did on Friday. I have never been stopped and talked to wearing my Bison gear as much as I was on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All around from around the cities to the Mall of America, to Albertville. We can not quantify how much this appearence meant to the programs and the school.

Same thing happened to us, Minn fans, Notre Dame fans, Mich St fans, all very complimentary of our team. Loved seeing all the green & yellow all over the city.

ndsubison1
03-23-2009, 03:58 AM
a couple of KU fans came up and talked to me about Woodside, both thought he could make the NBA... they were really praising him and very impressed by his and our teams performance against them...

coldspot
03-23-2009, 04:00 AM
i was down in plant city, florida and had the entire bar cheering for the boys.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-23-2009, 04:11 AM
same happened to me I had NDSU apparel on the entire weekend and fans in the seats after our game and the evening session were liking NDSU and how they put up a fight.

great time and great weekend we would of had a big showing of fans on sunday if we were to pull off a win on friday

tjbison
03-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Just rolled in the the door from Minny, games were good today, and still seen lots of Green and Gold in the stands, and yes everyone was very nice and it was greatly appreciated!!!

SDbison
03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I am going thru a bit of depression......yes good things happened outside of losing the game but I still can't help thinking what if. If the the Bison had beat Kansas it is likely they could have beat Dayton. After making the sweet 16 it would not have bothered me nearly as much to see them lose. Just was so close to making this an extra-unbelievable journey. Have to go through a week of loss :( and then I can start thinking Bison football. :nod:

BisonCountry
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
I am going thru a bit of depression......yes good things happened outside of losing the game but I still can't help thinking what if. If the the Bison had beat Kansas it is likely they could have beat Dayton. After making the sweet 16 it would not have bothered me nearly as much to see them lose. Just was so close to making this an extra-unbelievable journey. Have to go through a week of loss :( and then I can start thinking Bison football. :nod:

I've been playing the "what if" game too, but I'm not letting it get me depressed especially when you put it in perspective. Who 5 years ago would have envisioned being depressed about losing to Kansas in the 1st round of NCAA Tournament? Amazing what 5 years can do to ones expectations.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-23-2009, 06:37 PM

use those couple cases of beer that was left behind for you :)

I'm excited about next years basketball and football

Even being a KU fan...I wanted this win just as much as anyone here...I actually feel like crap that we lost cuz I know we could of beat KU and just think of the nation seeing us move on and how many brackets we would or ruined (I had NDSU in bout 50% of my brackets)...it would of been nuts of what would of happened with a NDSU win.

Hammersmith
03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm looking at it this way: we didn't beat the Gophers the first time either. In a way, that first close loss made the later win all the sweeter. Now, we probably won't be able to follow up this appearance with another one next year(or a good seeding even if we do pull out an upset in the Summit tourney), but the year after that is a reasonable possibility. Maybe history will repeat itself and that will be the first Big Dance win.

OrygunBison
03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I had a similar experience here in Portland. I had my Bison gear on at the bar and couldn't make it to the bathroom (lots of beer for a 9:30am tipoff...) without being constantly stopped and talked to about the team. The entire place was rooting for our boys except one poor bastard wearing KU gear who happened to have come with me to the bar. He took it in stride, though, because he's used to people rooting against his team.

Lot's of guys asking me, "Who IS that guy???" referring to Woody. When I explained, they almost all replied with, "Why haven't I heard about this guy before?" Well, they have now.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm looking at it this way: we didn't beat the Gophers the first time either. In a way, that first close loss made the later win all the sweeter. Now, we probably won't be able to follow up this appearance with another one next year(or a good seeding even if we do pull out an upset in the Summit tourney), but the year after that is a reasonable possibility. Maybe history will repeat itself and that will be the first Big Dance win.

lets get some jucos to play with tveidt and others and make a run!!!

bisonaudit
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Similar experience here in DC. On my way back from the pub at halftime a guy came up to me while we were waiting to cross the street, looked my Bison gear up and down and asked "How excited are you right now!"

That evening I road the elevator down with a guy from another office who turned out to be an American University alum. We had a nice chat about how both our clubs "put a scare into 'em."

WYOBISONMAN
03-23-2009, 09:05 PM
We are at the MSP airport waiting for the flight to Salt Lake and after reading this thread I have to say the Dance was indeed magic! Quite bitter sweet that it is over. Even today at Maplewood Mall I still had people coming up to me saying, "the Bison are a hell of a team.". A great experience for a Bison fan!

borderbison
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
It's been a pretty amazing run with these guys. North Dakota State was praised by some pretty big names this weekend and it's unbelievable to watch Bilas and Digger talk about our kids under the national spotlight. I've never heard so much buzz about the addition to the dome. Not sure if some is just speculation or if this will reenergize the idea to some big donors but I sure hope so.

90 BISON
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Completely agreed! Bring on football season! :nod:

bisonmike2
03-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I can't believe there are this many people that remember the day after. It's Tuesday and I'm still dehydrated from Friday/Saturday.

90BISON
03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
My story would be the same as most of your guys. Was all over the Cities the night & next day after the game, with nothing but praise for our team and the guys. Nice comment from a very nice Kansas fan on his way up the steps after the game. "You guys got a sweet team". I thought that was very classy. Had some people later that night that happened to know Winks personally asking my the UofM ever let Woodside get away. I just shrugged, too bad for them. :nod:

WYOBISONMAN
03-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I am just damn glad to be able to say, "I was THERE!!"