PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bison get ranked in the Preseason Polls?

WYOBISONMAN
03-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Rather than where will we be ranked maybe I should ask, "Will we be ranked"? After a ragged performance last year, I think there is some question as to whether or not the Herd will even get a preseason ranking. What do the rest of you think?

TransAmBison
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't think they deserve one. Question marks on o-line, running back, wide receiver, d-line, linebacker, and most importantly qb. We need to prove ourselves. I have faith in the rb, o-line, and d-line. Wide receivers and qb are my big ???. Everyone pretty much knows my feelings on Mertens.

Tatanka
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Pre-season rankings mean about as much as RockChalkJayBlog's* mom's stock picks. That said, there is no objective reason to rank the Bison for next year. We will earn our way into the polls.

* Farewell, KU posters, class acts and douchebags alike. Alas, we hardly knew ye.

EagleBison
03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't think last season's record will get the Bison ranked this year in the pre-season polls.

WYOBISONMAN
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe I should have said, "will we even get a vote"?:hide:

bisonmike2
03-21-2009, 06:13 PM
We shouldn't be. Nice thing about our conference is if we take care of business we will be highly ranked anyway.

GOB1SON
03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
I am guessing that we will be ranked. Remember that the number of schools that really chase Football in FCS is rather low, and combined with the relative ignorance of the pollsters about schools outside their region/conference, NDSU has the name recognition to get votes.

Ranking the top 25 teams in FCS is a little silly, IMO. You end up with some pretty marginal teams being "ranked".

EagleBison
03-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I do believe NDSU will be one of the 25 best teams. Some of the polls don't reflect the depth of certain conferences like the MVFC.

NDSU1980
03-22-2009, 12:39 AM
No one is going to give us any respect until Mohler proves himself. I don't even want to guess how many games that will be. And, God help us if what's his name is the QB in the fall.

CaBisonFan
03-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Rather than where will we be ranked maybe I should ask, "Will we be ranked"? After a ragged performance last year, I think there is some question as to whether or not the Herd will even get a preseason ranking. What do the rest of you think?

Not saying we deserve it...but I'm going to guess 20-25...because we have a name that has gotten a lot of attention...but it really doesn't matter. I'd almost prefer none so that the players can see the hill before they climb it.

Bisonguy
03-22-2009, 02:23 AM
Fourth place(tied) in the MVFC last year should get NDSU in the 'Others Receiving Votes' category.

A1pigskin
03-22-2009, 03:21 AM
If we do get ranked it will be in the mid to high 20's. It will be interesting to see what we look like in our first game. Seeing our BB team go to the Big Dance, maybe our FB team will step it up a couple notches. I think we'll have a good team this year.

Twentysix
03-24-2009, 05:44 AM
The preseason rankings were a bad thing last year, i think we should all just ignore them. As stated before they dont mean diddly when the playoffs roll around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7-4 or better and im a happy camper. Playoff brackets just look weird without NDSU in them. And we need more banners in the Fargodome!

BisBison
03-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Coming off a 6-5 year and several bad losses? IF we're rated in the pre-season I'd be really surprised. I don't think we deserve a vote IMHO. This team needs to strap it on and get it done without resting on last year's accomplishments.