PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere At The Game

BisoninHuskerland
03-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I Wants Some Feedback On What It Was Like To Be There. I Should Have Sold My Soul To Get There. It Looked Great Seeing A Lot Of Yellow Shirts. For The People At The Game Give Me Some Details.

I Am Just Now Justifying In My Brain That We Had A Hellufa Game. Would Of Could Of But We Would Have A Shot At Dayton.

I Watched The Game With About 100 Jayhawk Fans And Most Came Up And Could Not Believe How Well We Played. Most Kansas Fans Are Classy And Love Their Team And That Is My Team The Rest Of The Way.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-20-2009, 11:12 PM
dfasdfadfasdfadfasdfadfasdfa

bisonbills
03-20-2009, 11:16 PM
How did you capitalize the first letter of all your words you typed?

Why Do You Keep Posting On A Fan Board Of The Team Your Team Just Beat?

EagleBison
03-20-2009, 11:16 PM
It was awesome to be there. Green and yellow surrounded the entire court. There were very few areas of the dome that didn't look like a Bison section, specifically the Kansas, Dayton and WVU sections. Great pregame at the depot with several thousand fans cramed into a rather large room. Bison kept in the game till the end.

BisoninHuskerland
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I Think That Dayton Has A Message Board. I Thought You Would Have Found It By Now. I Think They Mentioned It On Kusports. You Should Check It Out. I Think You Are Missing Quality Time On Their Board.

SE_Kansas_Hawk
03-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I Wants Some Feedback On What It Was Like To Be There. I Should Have Sold My Soul To Get There. It Looked Great Seeing A Lot Of Yellow Shirts. For The People At The Game Give Me Some Details.

I Am Just Now Justifying In My Brain That We Had A Hellufa Game. Would Of Could Of But We Would Have A Shot At Dayton.

I Watched The Game With About 100 Jayhawk Fans And Most Came Up And Could Not Believe How Well We Played. Most Kansas Fans Are Classy And Love Their Team And That Is My Team The Rest Of The Way.

Sounds like you got the chance to see what real KU fans are like. It's hard to judge a team's fans based off of message boards when you never really know who your dealing with. Missouri fans have no problem creating fake accounts and posting under a KU just to make us look like idiots....but they will never go to games dressed in KU gear. I base my opinion on a teams fanbase by the fans that I've actually met and not a small sample of message board posters. You guy's deserved to be seeded higher than a 14 seed IMO. Good luck next year!

CaBisonFan
03-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Why Do You Keep Posting On A Fan Board Of The Team Your Team Just Beat?

Because he has no life outside of cyberspace.

CaBisonFan
03-20-2009, 11:42 PM

Are you a Bison fan? What town are you from?

sambini
03-21-2009, 02:48 AM
I thought it was a great time. Metrodome was not bas imo. We sat in section 8 row 20. +++++++++++++

ndsubison1
03-21-2009, 04:56 AM
im still wondering where all these awesome traveling jayhawk fans were... :confused:

HoopsBison
03-21-2009, 05:02 AM
I can sum it all up in one word.

Magical

BlueBisonRock
03-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Unfortunately, I can't. :)

I had a great time at this game. Parked at the Mall of America and caught the train to downtowm. Right away, I noted that there was a lot of Green and Yellow on / joining the train. People who had never met were talking like they were old friends. I shared a seat with a Bisonville lurker. He knew the board well and pegged certain personalities very well.

I enjoyed running into Bisonvillers and others at the Depot, had a bloody mary and and walked over to the Metrodome. Many groups of Green and Gold were moving through the downtown to the dome. Older folks who seemed to be enjoying the trip. Fathers with sons. Couples. College students. The groups were all over the map. The feeling was one of anticipation an optomism. One of the sons was wearing one yellow and one green sock under basketball shorts with a Bison top, face paint, beads, and a hat. Lots of enthuiasm in these fans.

I was impressed with the large numbers of yellow and green bison shirts that were present as I was walking down the mezzanine. I swear I was in the building 5 minutes before I finally saw a Blue KU jersey. Every once in a while, the chant: "Here we go Bison, Here we go!" could be heard.

I got to my seat and looked around. Bison fans were everywhere! There was a streak of KU blue running from midcourt to the top of the first section on my left and there was a segment of Dayton red in the short seats. Yes, there were blue jerseys mixed in with the crowd, but based on shirt/jersey color alone 2/3rds of the crowd was showing NDSU support.

There was a feeling of confidence and of belonging from the crowd. There were no wallflowers. When the team took the floor, there was a loud cheer for the Bison. The KU fans also showed strong vocal support for the Jayhawks, but the decibels just did not match up. The feeling of confidence stayed with the team and fans through the game.

The crowd really got into the game in the second half. Every time the Bison were on defense, the crowd came alive. LOUD cheering. Everyone standing (even though Fanatic and myself were chastized for doing this early in the game :D ) This noise seemed to help the team as they had a strong run and closed the gap significantly when this cheering took off.

As the clock was running down, I noticed two things. First: Metrodome security placed a bunch of security guards in front of the Yellow section right behind the band. Perhaps they were anticipating a rush of the court. The second was the attitude. There was no 'giving up' by the fans or the players as the clock ran down. The crowd believed that the Bison could pull it out right down to the wire. KU did not start its traditional chant until the clock was close to zero. All I heard was some initial buzzing, but the chant was washed out by the standing ovation and cheer that the team was given as they were leaving the floor. Saul and Winks acknowledged the crowd as they entered the tunnel to the locker room which only added to the noise level.

There was some disappointment in the crowd after the game, but it was overwhelmed by the pride the crowd projected for this team. This team held its own when it was expected to lay down and die. Great Job BISON!

After the game, people approached our NDSU group (colors showing) to ask about the game and to complement the Bison. There was a lot of additional support and pride showing in the people from the Minneapolis area.

The game was intense. What an experience for the NDSU community. All I can say is WOW!

MontBison
03-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Ok so heres my recap after many many bison bombs:nod: . First off the depot was great sooooo many fans and the screw drivers were to my liking. Wyo was that you in the black cowboy hat, no one else would wear cowboy boots to a game. Must say that the whole game I knew we had little shot and whenever they wanted a dunk they could have it, but I tell you what we made A LOT of noise in the 119. An intersting point at the end of the game that I would like to share. Hate on Huggins all you want which I was trying to do, so I yell to him "Hey Huggy Bear" and he actually said "You guys played a hell of a game and had a hell of a seaon", I continued to converse with him and actually managed a picture with him. Some how I made it out to you guys need to get me a beeer, once again to many bombs. But I honestly think that the man is a class act. And my o my what a FUGGIN atmosphere. WELL DONE BISON!!!!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
03-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Wyo was that you in the black cowboy hat, no one else would wear cowboy boots to a game.

Yes.....that was me.

tjbison
03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Yes.....that was me.

HA I Seen you also!!! and the first thing that popped into my mind was thats got to be Wyo in the Hat:p

WYOBISONMAN
03-21-2009, 01:59 PM
HA I Seen you also!!! and the first thing that popped into my mind was thats got to be Wyo in the Hat:p

You should have stopped over and said "Hello"!

EagleBison
03-21-2009, 03:04 PM

Wyo is a great guy. You will enjoy meeting him. :nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Wyo is a great guy. You will enjoy meeting him. :nod:

he sure is Wyo got a nice picture of the USC game too :nod:

Tatanka
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Atmosphere was absolutely worth the price of admission. It was very very clear who had the most support there at the ghettrodome. But never so clear as when the Dayton WVU game started, and my wife turned to me and said, hey, you can hear the shoes squeak on the floor. Often, you couldn't hear the referees whistles during the Bison game.

KU fans in front of us getting text messages from their buddies back home wondering why they're getting outcheered by a 14 seed. text messages back: Dude, it's a NDSU home game.

Saw lots of Bisonvillers, and got about 4 years' quota of seeing B1SON. Slick and B1SON taught one of the gate agents at the dome how to use the term "tool", and his first attempt (saying my bison hat "looked like a tool") resulted in massive failure. :smh: :D

Party atmosphere downtown at the Depot and on the streets prior to gametime. Overall: an ABSOLUTE BLAST. Hope that showed up on TV.

GradBison
03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Amazing atmosphere we totally took over the dome. Others pretty much said it all, I'll add that the metrodome wasn't at all bad for bball. We were at the top row of sec 7 and we had a great view of the whole court. It helped that our seats were on the side closer to center court. Being in the top row, we stood all game long. KU fans would let out a cheer but would get drowned out by the multitude of Bison fans, I didn't hear their cheer at the end of the game. Maybe because we were focusing on giving the seniors one hell of an ovation. Thank you guys.

BisonHawk
03-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Honestly, I thought at times Kansas' crowd noise was amplified by the mics they had on the floor. Kansas had maybe 2,000 fans there. I'm sure most were expecting to win and will show up in the later rounds (which is a little arrogant and it's too bad NDSU couldn't make it Ku's last game but anyways)

They made a lot of noise for 2,000 fans, more than it should've possibly sounded like at times.

How do I know this? Because crowd noise was being picked up at times when the KU band would be playing. You could tell the band was playing because the sound was coming from above where the speakers were.....when crowd noise sounds like it's coming from above...where the speakers are....

But I'm just saying.

bisonmike2
03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Great atmosphere. I'm proud to say I was at the first NCAA tournament game for NDSU. I think the best part was the stand ovation for the seniors as they walked off the court. It was fitting that Woody was the last one off. We had some Kansas fans by us and they even stood and applauded him. What a performance.

EagleBison
03-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Honestly, I thought at times Kansas' crowd noise was amplified by the mics they had on the floor. Kansas had maybe 2,000 fans there. I'm sure most were expecting to win and will show up in the later rounds (which is a little arrogant and it's too bad NDSU couldn't make it Ku's last game but anyways)

They made a lot of noise for 2,000 fans, more than it should've possibly sounded like at times.

How do I know this? Because crowd noise was being picked up at times when the KU band would be playing. You could tell the band was playing because the sound was coming from above where the speakers were.....when crowd noise sounds like it's coming from above...where the speakers are....

But I'm just saying.

2000 is very generous, I would have estimated 1000, and I thought I was being generous. They were a good cheering crew from Kansas thought.

Hambone
03-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Honest question for all of you that went to the game - if it hadn't been in Minneapolis (say it was in Portland or something), how many do you think would have made it to the game?

EagleBison
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Honest question for all of you that went to the game - if it hadn't been in Minneapolis (say it was in Portland or something), how many do you think would have made it to the game?

Probably the same percentage of any fan base that would travel 260 miles vs a trip to the coast. :confused:

walknroehl
03-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I have to say after seeing those 50 point losses I was more than content at the awesome performance put on by woodside and the team.

I spoke to a couple in Michigan State gear after the game at Kieran's and they said they left at halftime of the Dayton game and that it got kind of boring after a number of us 'rowdy Bison fans' left.

Lots of compliments about our team from others at the bars after the game!

IndyBison
03-21-2009, 08:34 PM

Portland might have drawn a decent crowd because there is a fair number of alumni in the Seattle area. A place like Greensboro or Philadelphia would have probaby had a fairly small crowd. It's hard to say what Dayton or Kansas City would have had because some people from the Minneapolis area may have still made the trip. I have several friends who live in Minneapolis who went to the game, but I doubt many of them would have traveled to anywhere else. They don't follow the team as much but wanted to support their alma mater since they were in town.

WYOBISONMAN
03-21-2009, 08:58 PM

I would be anywhere they played....

97tegls
03-21-2009, 09:40 PM

But I'm just saying.

i agree a lot of the times when the ku fans were cheering they did have the mics on down on the floor... which is pretty shitty... but whatever that still didnt top how many ndsu fans there were there.. that was amazing... it was a great game we earned every point we made and to ku all they did was have collins shoot or drop it inside... it was awesome to experience the whole march madness experience and i would love to do it again in a heart beat...

Hammerhead
03-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I attended the watch party in Portland and the turnout was bigger than most of the football watch parties I've attended over the past 13 years. Still, I doubt there would have been too many that made the trip to Portland.

No_Skill
03-22-2009, 01:11 AM

My wife and I were prepared to go anywhere.

Trampled
03-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Yeah, the KU section was mic'ed along with their band. Nice trick! Noticed it right away...sound coming from above. Must have some pull.

cburbs
03-22-2009, 04:10 AM
I sat in the student section, and was appalled at how quiet we were the whole game. I was in the 5th row, and not a single person in front of me was jumping or yelling or doing stupid stuff to get into the game. As a student, from a school, that is in its first BIG DANCE EVER, I was offended. Guys in the front row stood, didn't cheer (specifically a few football players-no offense). I was about as angry as a Bison fan can get at a game like that. Students are supposed to be jumping up and down and going crazy (aka Cameron Crazies, any other school with a good basketball program) but approx 30 ppl as close as you can get to the game, didn't seem to into it. Just made me a little mad I guess.

DIBISON
03-22-2009, 04:44 AM
A group of us were in Section 120 behind the basket and it was awesome! NDSU fans all over and standing and cheering about every other possession. You sure could hear the cheering and boos during the course of the game.

Stayed for the second game and it did not compare at all to the Bison.

Great job NDSU fans. Even CBS mentioned this on national TV.

TheDoctor
03-22-2009, 06:13 AM
I sat in the student section, and was appalled at how quiet we were the whole game. I was in the 5th row, and not a single person in front of me was jumping or yelling or doing stupid stuff to get into the game. As a student, from a school, that is in its first BIG DANCE EVER, I was offended. Guys in the front row stood, didn't cheer (specifically a few football players-no offense). I was about as angry as a Bison fan can get at a game like that. Students are supposed to be jumping up and down and going crazy (aka Cameron Crazies, any other school with a good basketball program) but approx 30 ppl as close as you can get to the game, didn't seem to into it. Just made me a little mad I guess.

We were there in mass, but it was apparent who the savvy ones were. While Kansas's crowd was small, they were in unisen and very supportive. Example....our band was very respectful of there's and their team. Their band.......played over ours every chance they got and they tried to drwon out any attempt for our fan base to get organized and dominant on a chant. I am not knocking them, I am complimenting them. That is how the big boys play. I have heard the Cameron Crazies called a lot of complimentive things, but respectful is not one of them. Just a fact of college basketball at the BIGTIME level. ;)

roadwarrior
03-22-2009, 06:29 AM
I loved the couple sitting in front of me who were both wearing Marquette shirts. In the first half they were mildly applauding when the Bison scored but in the second half they would just jump to their feet every time. Whats ironic is they were missing their Marquette team playing about the same time as our game, only using the Metrodome scoreboards to update them about the score of their game.

westnodak93bison
03-22-2009, 01:53 PM
The Metrodump is a horrible basketball venue imho. Should have been in the Target Center. Fun seeing so many Bison fans.
I cant believe Kansas had so few fans there? How many did they have maybe 1-2k? Every Kansas fan I spoke to the on Friday, Saturday and Sunday were really friendly.

bisonmike2
03-22-2009, 11:08 PM
The Metrodump is a horrible basketball venue imho. Should have been in the Target Center. Fun seeing so many Bison fans.
I cant believe Kansas had so few fans there? How many did they have maybe 1-2k? Every Kansas fan I spoke to the on Friday, Saturday and Sunday were really friendly.

I'm betting that many KU fans already had Indianapolis circled. It's crazy to think that pretty much their whole fan base expects to be in the Sweet 16 every year. I too spoke to several KU fans and they were all really cool. They had nothing but good things to say about Woody and our program. I wish we could have went up against them in the second round.

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2009, 11:45 PM
We stood the entire time. It was sweet

ndsubison1
03-23-2009, 12:47 AM
twice as many kansas fans at the Dayton game today...

IndyBison
03-23-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm betting that many KU fans already had Indianapolis circled. It's crazy to think that pretty much their whole fan base expects to be in the Sweet 16 every year. I too spoke to several KU fans and they were all really cool. They had nothing but good things to say about Woody and our program. I wish we could have went up against them in the second round.

I hope they come to Indy this week! We could use the visitors! Louisville and Michigan State are close (2 hrs and 4 hrs respectively) so they should have huge crowds. I'm not sure how well Arizona will travel but that's who I will be hosting!!

NDSUstudent
03-23-2009, 02:12 AM
We stood the entire time. It was sweet

We did as well, and it was funny listening to the KU fan next me tell his buddy in Kansas that he was stuck in the middle of a sea of gold. I think at one point he said something like..."This is what the NCAA calls protecting the three seed"...in the first half.

They were classy though, they all couldn't believe how great Woodside was and how he was just picking them a part. Lots of great Bison fans by me as well, we made a lot of noise in section 134 and were all very into the game.