PDA

View Full Version : A Little Technology Info...and Online Game Info

CaBisonFan
03-20-2009, 05:28 AM
For anyone who's stuck without a full broadcast of the game against Kansas...it will be played live on CBS.COM. They also have the option to replay the game(s) later in the day. I'm watching a replay of the Minnesota game right now...and the quality is actually pretty decent. CBS is showing the Syracuse/SFA game during our game in Southern California. Unbelievable

Anyway...I have been searching for an online video streaming recorder (software) for a long time...and found one that actually works. It's called WM Recorder...and you can find it at this website. I've used it for about 6 months and it's very good.

http://www.wmrecorder.com/wm_recorder.php

The demo records just a few minutes of video and audio. You can use the demo forever to grab short clips, highlights, etc. It automatically grabs the streamed video. You turn on the recorder first...then play the video. Bingo

To get the full version...which will record the entire game...it costs 50 bucks. It's well worth it for future use.

I've tried many versions of video recorders from cnet.com...and this is the only one that grabs the audio along with the video. Others claim to, but most of the programs don't recognize your audio card.

IndyBison
03-20-2009, 12:31 PM
The CBS site takes you to the NCAA site (accessed directly at http://mmod.ncaa.com/?source=mktg_09MMOD_AAcbs&refcode=09MMOD_AAcbs). I watched some video last night as well and the quality was decent. I took the bite to get the Microsoft Silverlight to get better quality video but I didn't notice any difference.

The NDSU game is the scheduled primary game for Indy so I will be watching in HiDef from my house. If they do switch to another game, I'll pull up the online version and watch it.

GOB1SON
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I watched a little bit from the computer yesterday on ncaa.com. If your broadband can handle it, the supposed HD version ran pretty well, and at the bottom you can actually adjust your bit rate to accommodate different broadband capacities.

I will be watching from work today. Just gonna close the door, dim the lights and pretend I am not here.

stevdock
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Our entire school is meeting in the gym today to watch the game. Should be a fun atmosphere as many kids are jacked about the game today.