PDA

View Full Version : TONS of tickets left! Bison Media Blog

HerdBot
03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Sorry if this was already posted but there are a ton of tickets left. How many? They are expecting a TOTAL crowd of 15,500.If 12,000 were sold before hand the teams wre announced, that means they are estimating only 3,500 tickets were sold. Let's assume 80% were NDSU and we're talking about a crowd of about 2,800. Pitiful in my opinion.

Be sure to let everyone you know that tickets are still available! A home field advantage is what will help us win!

This is from the Bison Media Blog!

Half capacity expected

Minneapolis

The last time an NDSU team was at the Metrodome was in 2007 when the Bison football team defeated the University of Minnesota. That drew 64,000, many more than what are expected for the Bison-Kansas first round game on Friday.

The University of Minnesota ticket office, which handles the NCAA regional, said a crowd of about 15,500 (the capacity is 32,000) is expected for Friday's game.

Move it to the Target Center and 15-5 would almost fill it. Not sure what that will be like in here tomorrow. It is an 11:30 a.m. start, it is the first round and tickets are on the spendy side.

About 2,500 single-session tickets that went on sale Thursday morning were sold as of about 3 p.m. and 1,500 are those will be set aside for will call (a word of warning, if you are one of those, get to the will call window early -- that's a large will call pile).
It won’t be the estimated 20,000 to 30,000 Bison fans who were on hand for the Gopher football game, but there will still be an NDSU influence.
“The state is behind us,” said center Lucas Moormann. “There are no pro teams so we’re the ones that they’re watching.”

johnson
03-20-2009, 01:50 AM
I have been checking throughout the day on where the best available seats are online and it looks to me that the lower level is almost full. I think it would have been a bigger sell if the game was $35 and/or the single session tickets had gone on sale right after the location and time of the game was announced. I had a couple of friends who are the type that check the NDSU scores but aren't what you would call "Die Hard", thought about making the drive down but changed their minds before single session tickets went on sale. Two of them would like to go to the game but can't get the day off. It's just on a Friday at 11:30 a.m. and tickets are $71. You, I, and the rest of the "Die Hards" don't give it a second thought. We will be the ones who can say we were their when the Bison beat Kansas in their 1st NCAA Tourney appearance.

EagleBison
03-20-2009, 02:08 AM
I have been checking throughout the day on where the best available seats are online and it looks to me that the lower level is almost full. I think it would have been a bigger sell if the game was $35 and/or the single session tickets had gone on sale right after the location and time of the game was announced. I had a couple of friends who are the type that check the NDSU scores but aren't what you would call "Die Hard", thought about making the drive down but changed their minds before single session tickets went on sale. Two of them would like to go to the game but can't get the day off. It's just on a Friday at 11:30 a.m. and tickets are $71. You, I, and the rest of the "Die Hards" don't give it a second thought. We will be the ones who can say we were their when the Bison beat Kansas in their 1st NCAA Tourney appearance.

They will just have to beat Kansas then to get the next level of fan to the game on Sunday. :nod:

BigBison
03-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Tickets are to expensive, think about it with a family of 4 would have to pay, plus parking, food, hotel. The only good thing is, is that gas is cheap so traveling from fargo to mpls would be cheaper thats it. When it was the Gopher game people could get like 15-20 dollar tickets. I'm a student and I cant go, it sucks!!!

BigBison
03-20-2009, 05:34 AM
I also heard on WDAY that 15,000 tickets are sold with about 2/3s in 701 area codes.

tony
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Whew, the only thing that would disappoint me about this experience is if the guys didn't have a good crowd come out to support what they've accomplished.

Disclaimer: I'm in no position to point fingers because I'm not going to be able to get there.

BisoninHuskerland
03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
2/3 is about 10k. love it. plus remember any non jay fan will be routing for the underdog.

IndyBison
03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I also heard on WDAY that 15,000 tickets are sold with about 2/3s in 701 area codes.

The story probably mentioned that of the tickets sold this week, 2/3 were from area code 701. I doubt that many people from ND bought tickets prior to Sunday.

EagleBison
03-20-2009, 01:51 PM
The Pioneer Press said about 3000 single session tickets were sold yesterday, they expect between 5-10,000 Bison fans.

99Bison
03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
90% of crowd was Bison fans today. Total crowd of 16 k or so guessing? The lower seating was pretty much full. Upper deck not so much.

BigBison
03-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Looked like alot of TV.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-20-2009, 09:43 PM
there were a lot of empty seats

BisoninHuskerland
03-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I Saw A Lot Of Blue. Jayhawks Disguised As Blue Seats. I Thought Kansas Would Bring The Whole State Being Only 6hr Away. As I Predicted And Most Kansas Fans Were Overlooking Us And Will Be There Sunday.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
I Saw A Lot Of Blue. Jayhawks Disguised As Blue Seats. I Thought Kansas Would Bring The Whole State Being Only 6hr Away. As I Predicted And Most Kansas Fans Were Overlooking Us And Will Be There Sunday.

Or maybe people had to work...you know, because it was a Friday.

BlueBisonRock
03-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Or maybe people had to work...you know, because it was a Friday.

Good point. Us folks from Nord Dakota don't have to work.... Especially on Fridays. :bleh: