PDA

View Full Version : Flood

Bison"FANatic"
03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Holy cow, I wasn't to concerned about the flood this spring but they are now talking that it is going to crest next Saturday with a 50% chance of a crest at close to 40ft. That is about 1.5 ft higher than 97. They are going to start filling sandbags 24 hours a day on Saturday!!!!! It is going to get intersting:smh: :smh: :smh:

bisonmike2
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Holy cow, I wasn't to concerned about the flood this spring but they are now talking that it is going to crest next Saturday with a 50% chance of a crest at close to 40ft. That is about 1.5 ft higher than 97. They are going to start filling sandbags 24 hours a day on Saturday!!!!! It is going to get intersting:smh: :smh: :smh:

Too bad the whole town's going to be hungover Saturday from celebrating a Bison victory.

gotts
03-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Too bad the whole town's going to be hungover Saturday from celebrating a Bison victory.

Hungover just slows your pace of filling sandbags... I'll be out there to help the efforts!

Hammerhead
03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
The Fargo flood site created by the Geology department back in 1997 is still running at http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/fargoflood.

Good luck to all of you back there. We went back to Fargo to get married on April 19th, 1997 which was the same day the levees broke in G.F.