PDA

View Full Version : Collins

skolbrother
03-19-2009, 05:36 AM
I have come to the conclusion if Collins is "off" or we shut his arse down our probabilities go through the roof. In other words let Aldrich have his and shut down Collins. Thoughts....?

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Man Law.

Not a bad idea. From what is being said, Collins is the leadership of the team. Aldrich will have a leg giving him problems, which makes the "Pwn-COllins" gameplan sound even more appealing. Any chance we can forward this to Saul before the game?

SUBISON247
03-19-2009, 06:03 AM
this is the kind of game plan that Miles used to use against Beasley when he was a UND. Let him score what he wants and then shut the weaker players down.

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 06:05 AM
i can see Woodside having a great game vs. Collins and that will force him to try and do too much... KU loses when he forces things and he tries to turn it into a 1 on 1 battle...

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Is "Play impenetrable defense against everybody" a viable option to pursue? :D

silkamilkamonico
03-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Collins will play within the flow of the game and won't try and do too much unless KU can't dictate the flow. If NDSU can keep them out of rythm he'll try and do more 1 on 1. He's a lot like Woody in a sense that he can be a nonfactor, or even having a terrible game, and then take over for a 4-6 minute stretch and win the game.

Fear Collins in the open court, the kid is as fast as anyone in college basketball. Good for NDSU I don't see KU in much of a transition game because NDSU will hopefully do a good job taking care of the ball.

The closer NDSU keeps it throughout the game the better chance they have. KU will show youth in a halfcourt slugfest.

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 07:09 AM
wouldnt mind to see us try to pressure them a bit, they tend to make mistakes, bad ones at that... i watched the Mizzou game and they were terrible with the ball, turnvers were the reason they lost to Mizzou... I know Missouri is a hell of a pressing team and they live off of pressure and turnovers, but i remember some of them were unforced and just stupid mistakes... put the pressure on their young guns i say...

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 02:24 PM
wouldnt mind to see us try to pressure them a bit, they tend to make mistakes, bad ones at that... i watched the Mizzou game and they were terrible with the ball, turnvers were the reason they lost to Mizzou... I know Missouri is a hell of a pressing team and they live off of pressure and turnovers, but i remember some of them were unforced and just stupid mistakes... put the pressure on their young guns i say...

I don't see us putting on any kind of press...KU has to much athletism and speed. They would get to many easy buckets in my mind.

Tatanka
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
We have do dance with the date that brought us here... no time now to bring in a new gimmick.

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 02:41 PM
We have do dance with the date that brought us here... no time now to bring in a new gimmick.

I agree...they will come out and play their game and let the chips fall where they will.

DJay23
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I have come to the conclusion if Collins is "off" or we shut his arse down our probabilities go through the roof. In other words let Aldrich have his and shut down Collins. Thoughts....?

Actually, I would have no problem with Collins not scoring any points if he has 10+ assists and Taylor goes nuts. He has 25-30 point capability.

mebisonII
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM

So you're saying we can't suit up the BV BB team to help out? Haven't we been saying we need some "big men" on the inside??? :p

bigdancehawk
03-19-2009, 02:49 PM

I wish you were coaching the Bison.

Look, this isn't going to happen. You're not deep enough. Mizzou goes 10 deep. Anderson specifically recruited those guys to run the press. It's the centerpiece of his coaching philosophy, it's what they do and they practice, practice, practice it. It's not what you do and it's too late to change. It would almost certainly result in a blow out. Phillips knows that.

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Look, this isn't going to happen. You're not deep enough. Mizzou goes 10 deep. Anderson specifically recruited those guys to run the press. It's the centerpiece of his coaching philosophy, it's what they do and they practice, practice, practice it. It's not what you do and it's too late to change. It would almost certainly result in a blow out. Phillips knows that.

I agree...KU is to athletic to try to pressure. NDSU is going to have to rely on playing tough 1/2 court D and slow the game down. Boxing out and allowing KU to go one and out will be huge. If KU gets alot of Offensive rebounds it could be a long long game. And we don't want to get into a track meet with KU.

Greenman
03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I agree...KU is to athletic to try to pressure. NDSU is going to have to rely on playing tough 1/2 court D and slow the game down. Boxing out and allowing KU to go one and out will be huge. If KU gets alot of Offensive rebounds it could be a long long game. And we don't want to get into a track meet with KU.

You guys really need to play zone to have a chance. our hi-lo will kill you and you will not stop collins from getting into the lane. no one has so far this year in man to man.

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't see us putting on any kind of press...KU has to much athletism and speed. They would get to many easy buckets in my mind.

dont put words in my mouth...i didnt say we had to press them... what i meant ws putting pressure on them on the defensive end in our half court D, they're a young team and are prone to turnovers and they make bad mistakes when you're in their face aand doing things that theyre not accustomed to doing... i didnt say we had to press them, we havent really pressed anybody all season long...

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM

i dont think you need to tell me anything about missouri, im a mizzou fan... i didnt say we should press you guys... you dont have to press somebody to get in their face and make them do things theyre not aaccustomed to doing.. what i meant was doing that on the defensive end, in the half-court... because your team commits bad turnovers at times...

seanr9ne
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
You won't see Collins doing too much unless it is a very close game. Whenever the opposition is on a run, or when a deficit is increased, you will see him calling for the ball. That is when you need to focus on him and keep him cold...other than that, you are going to have to guard everyone because our offense comes from all angles during the regular flow of the game.

bigdancehawk
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=ming01;268640]im a mizzou fan...QUOTE]

So, that explains it.

Bison bison
03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
ming, you've been undercover the whole time!!!

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
dont put words in my mouth...i didnt say we had to press them... what i meant ws putting pressure on them on the defensive end in our half court D, they're a young team and are prone to turnovers and they make bad mistakes when you're in their face aand doing things that theyre not accustomed to doing... i didnt say we had to press them, we havent really pressed anybody all season long...

Sorry man...I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I agree we are going to have to try to create some turnovers. This KU team is much more athletic than NDSU and being too agressive could kill the bison. Thats all I was trying to say.

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 07:36 PM
You guys really need to play zone to have a chance. our hi-lo will kill you and you will not stop collins from getting into the lane. no one has so far this year in man to man.

I really don't see them in a zone. They will do what got them there. If they go zone I think KU would destroy them with offensive rebounds which would kill them. They need to hold KU to one shot and out. Moormann is a decent defender down low and could suprise alot of people. I'm not saying he will shut down Aldrich by any means but if he stays out of foul trouble Aldrich will not have a field day like alot of KU fans think he will.

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry man...I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I agree we are going to have to try to create some turnovers. This KU team is much more athletic than NDSU and being too agressive could kill the bison. Thats all I was trying to say.

no big deal, i was just thinking maybe we could try and take advantage of their turnovers cuz theyre a team that tends to make some costly mistakes, especially their younger guys

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
ming, you've been undercover the whole time!!!

lol, Im a Bison first and foremost... Missouri 2nd...

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
no big deal, i was just thinking maybe we could try and take advantage of their turnovers cuz theyre a team that tends to make some costly mistakes, especially their younger guys

If we are going to have a chance we are definately going to need to find a way to get some turnovers but KU will take advantage if the Bison are to aggressive.

Bison bison
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM

thank god.

for a second i thought i was in a sci-fi movie where the 12-year-old discoveries his parents are aliens...

KU1985Alum
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Serious Question - why are you an MU fan?

Are you from there, have friends/family from there?

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Serious Question - why are you an MU fan?

Are you from there, have friends/family from there?

family in Missouri who are big Mizzou fans, so I grew up around it...

bigdancehawk
03-20-2009, 01:50 AM
family in Missouri who are big Mizzou fans, so I grew up around it...

Essentially a congenital abnormality. My heart goes out to you.

bigdancehawk
03-20-2009, 06:23 AM
To get this thread back on track, here's an interesting editorial on Collins.
http://www.kansascity.com/166/story/1096670.html