RockChalkJayBlog
03-19-2009, 02:43 AM
dfasdfadfasdfadfasdfadfasdfa

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 02:49 AM
nope...don't see it happening

NWNDBison
03-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Saul's a good coach. If he sees zone as an opportunity for the Bison, he will use it.

We'll all find out in about 38 hours.

RunDMc34
03-19-2009, 02:58 AM
we wont play zone

we dont play zone

its a really simple thing

TheDoctor
03-19-2009, 03:06 AM
We will stay with what got us here. There were times through out the year that it would have helped, ie. Southern Utah at home but we stuck to man. The guys believe they can play man-to-man with them and man-to-man they will play. Can't wait! ;)

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Agreed...they are going to go with what got them there and see how the cards fall.

KUKUKU
03-19-2009, 03:18 AM
I'm thinking you guys may double Aldrich in the paint and put your best man to man guy on Sherron and it might just work. Though i hope not....;)

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 03:27 AM
I'm thinking you guys may double Aldrich in the paint and put your best man to man guy on Sherron and it might just work. Though i hope not....;)

They will double down on Cole hard from everywhere on the court and make him make tough decisions what to do with the ball

CaBisonFan
03-19-2009, 04:23 AM
Is it possible NDSU breaks out a zone on Friday?

KU struggles against it (Baylor ran it for a while)...

I know you're a predominately a man to man team, but do you think Saul will bring one out?

We have too many outstanding defenders to do it. We're stronger and quicker than we look...and the 'team' defensive concept is second to none...within the limitations of our athleticism...which is also better than first-time viewers would suspect. We don't look scary at first-glance...but a lot of strong teams have struggled...including a win at Wisconsin a few years ago (ranked), a win at Marquette (ranked), and several close calls with others. USC had a heck of a time getting into their offensive sets. And we've played these teams on their turf. A zone would be a desperate move. We haven't seen it. nor have we needed it. Saul will do whatever it takes though. Rather doubt he'll be outcoached. (hehe) Rather doubt our guys will feel intimidated. (hehe) There will be times when you will be playing 'our' game. You might need to adjust your defense. Do you think that your coach would go to a zone?

You will be surprised.

:cool:

Mr_Meanor
03-19-2009, 04:27 AM
I don't think I would say we have alot of good defenders. Defense is the weakness of this team. I am not worried about putting up points. I'm more concerned about if we will be able to stop KU.

CaBisonFan
03-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I don't think I would say we have alot of good defenders. Defense is the weakness of this team. I am not worried about putting up points. I'm more concerned about if we will be able to stop KU.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about the defense. They have a way of shutting down high-scoring teams. They're deceptively good. IMO

RockChalkJayBlog
03-19-2009, 04:41 AM

RockChalkJayBlog
03-19-2009, 04:43 AM

RunDMc34
03-19-2009, 04:55 AM
But if you dont play zone all year, you arent going to do it now. Its just not enough time to be very efficient at it. I would be shocked if we played zone.

TheDoctor
03-19-2009, 06:16 AM
But if you dont play zone all year, you arent going to do it now. Its just not enough time to be very efficient at it. I would be shocked if we played zone.

We absolutely will not for that reason. Lets roll with what got us here. We've played 2 top 25 teams in the last 4 years and beat both of them man-to-man. ;)

NDSUstudent
03-19-2009, 06:21 AM
We absolutely will not for that reason. Lets roll with what got us here. We've played 2 top 25 teams in the last 4 years and beat both of them man-to-man. ;)

And we did play man against USC, a team that has so many great athletes, and if we make our free throws we win that game.

TheDoctor
03-19-2009, 06:37 AM
And we did play man against USC, a team that has so many great athletes, and if we make our free throws we win that game.

We might get a chance to avenge that victory in The Sweet 16. So, we take down the defending National Champions in the 1st round, Woody exacts revenge on Huggy in the 2nd round and we make our free throws to prove we should have beat USC the first time in the 3rd round. So, who do we have in the Elite 8???? Were looking more and more like George Mason all the time. Similar colors...they have an assistant coach that was our assistant coach for a milli second. Thank god for that though or we wouldn't have Will Ryan right now. Anyway, I digress. See you in the Cities!!!!!!!!!! ;)

NDSUstudent
03-19-2009, 06:51 AM
We might get a chance to avenge that victory in The Sweet 16. So, we take down the defending National Champions in the 1st round, Woody exacts revenge on Huggy in the 2nd round and we make our free throws to prove we should have beat USC the first time in the 3rd round. So, who do we have in the Elite 8???? Were looking more and more like George Mason all the time. Similar colors...they have an assistant coach that was our assistant coach for a milli second. Thank god for that though or we wouldn't have Will Ryan right now. Anyway, I digress. See you in the Cities!!!!!!!!!! ;)

See you there B1SON, I'll have to do some digging for our potential elite eight match up. :D

ndsubison1
03-19-2009, 07:11 AM

Wake Forest or Louisville... gulp

TheDoctor
03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Wake Forest or Louisville... gulp

Hopefully Wake...they looked dreadful in the ACC Tourney! ;)

bigdancehawk
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Hopefully Wake...they looked dreadful in the ACC Tourney! ;)

Wake wants no part of Louisville, and neither do you. Just let us take care of them. ;)

Greenman
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
We have too many outstanding defenders to do it. We're stronger and quicker than we look...and the 'team' defensive concept is second to none...within the limitations of our athleticism...which is also better than first-time viewers would suspect. We don't look scary at first-glance...but a lot of strong teams have struggled...including a win at Wisconsin a few years ago (ranked), a win at Marquette (ranked), and several close calls with others. USC had a heck of a time getting into their offensive sets. And we've played these teams on their turf. A zone would be a desperate move. We haven't seen it. nor have we needed it. Saul will do whatever it takes though. Rather doubt he'll be outcoached. (hehe) Rather doubt our guys will feel intimidated. (hehe) There will be times when you will be playing 'our' game. You might need to adjust your defense. Do you think that your coach would go to a zone?

You will be surprised.

:cool:

Don't you guys give up 50% fgd? good defenders? Seriously. 50% is pathetic. We are playing horrible if a team shoots 40% on us.