PDA

View Full Version : Hey You Band Guys !!!!!!

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 06:18 AM
I've been a band director for 32 years...and I used to help with the SDSU marching band when I taught at Brookings High School. I have no allegiance to them...but I wanted you to know that I've been heavily involved with marching band. Took bands to the Orange Bowl, Macy's, Fiesta Bowl, Rose Bowl, and others.

I flew in for the WIU game this year...and the improvement in the band was amazing. The sound was big, but not blasty. You had dynamics...nice. Very strong audience appeal...nice formations with good movement...and most importantly...a sense of pride that I hadn't seen before.

Wow!

Finally...the Gold Star Band has gotten some real support from the 'bigs.' Love the uniforms. Tubas rocked !!

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 06:20 AM
WHOO! TUBAS!

yeah, Sonic Boom all the way. We will shatter eardrums come Friday.

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 06:20 AM
I've been a band director for 32 years...and I used to help with the SDSU marching band when I taught at Brookings High School. I have no allegiance to them...but I wanted you to know that I've been heavily involved with marching band. Took bands to the Orange Bowl, Macy's, Fiesta Bowl, Rose Bowl, and others.

I flew in for the WIU game this year...and the improvement in the band was amazing. The sound was big, but not blasty. You had dynamics...nice. Very strong audience appeal...nice formations with good movement...and most importantly...a sense of pride that I hadn't seen before.

Wow!

Finally...the Gold Star Band has gotten some real support from the 'bigs.' Love the uniforms. Tubas rocked !!

Haha....I love it when you use your band talk!!!

WYOBISONMAN
03-18-2009, 06:21 AM
God I love the band........so key in the collegiate athletic atmosphere. To me, the band is a vital part of the entire experience.

devin45k
03-18-2009, 06:23 AM
I only support Chris, Dave and Alicia in the band!

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 06:24 AM
God I love the band........so key in the collegiate athletic atmosphere. To me, the band is a vital part of the entire experience.

In an ideal environment...it's all one big show for the university. The band is a 'strength' now. They're no longer a restroom break.

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 06:25 AM
I love OSU marching band...BDBITL

IzzyFlexion
03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
TbonZach where are you?
:bowdown:

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
How many band members do you think will be playing?

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
TbonZach where are you?

Who's TbonZach ?? Is he on the board?

NDSUFan_Sav
03-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Who's TbonZach ?? Is he on the board?

band member on the board....cheeeeeeeeeea

:) FRIDAY will be full of joy for me soooooo pumped!!!

90 BISON
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Thanks WYO :bow:
We will be yelling (and playing, of coarse) all game! :nod:

TbonZach
03-18-2009, 07:49 PM
TbonZach where are you?

Sorry I was at work. Go Band!

I can't friggen wait. The band leaves Thursday around noon. GO BISON!

UTH
03-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry I was at work. Go Band!

I can't friggen wait. The band leaves Thursday around noon. GO BISON!

There's a closely-kept secret that I just heard about. Seems that TBZ IS the band...

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/onemanbandbusyclownmusiclakes.jpg

Good job, Tbone! I'm impressed!

TbonZach
03-18-2009, 11:14 PM
There's a closely-kept secret that I just heard about. Seems that TBZ IS the band...

Good job, Tbone! I'm impressed!

Hey now. I don't have THAT big of a head. I'm not a trumpet player for crying out loud. ;)

The trumpet player's handshake: "Hi! I'm better than you."

gobison.gsb
03-19-2009, 02:04 AM
It's all about the horn flashes.....:nod: ;)

CaBisonFan
03-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Do you band members think that you'll get to play this time? (refering to the Gophers game...during the game)

Oh...that's right...we're not playing the Gophers. It should be fine.

Have a great time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be watching and listening. Remember...in-to-na-tion. Ha!

I think that you'll be finely tuned....nothin' to worry about..... :cool:

gobison.gsb
03-19-2009, 02:32 AM
We get to play every other time out, etc. we'll trade off and on with kansas's band---kansas does have a band right? They do play instruments down there, right??

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 02:33 AM
It's al about listening to the sousa playing Sonic Boom. Every game of any type we've ever played at, we have won (note, we didn't play it at the SDSU football game or the SUU b-ball game during teh regular season!). Sousaphones: We make magic happen.

gobison.gsb
03-19-2009, 02:35 AM
It's true, us sousaphones are magical :bow:

CaBisonFan
03-19-2009, 02:37 AM
It's al about listening to the sousa playing Sonic Boom. Every game of any type we've ever played at, we have won (note, we didn't play it at the SDSU football game or the SUU b-ball game during teh regular season!). Sousaphones: We make magic happen.

Yes...but how's your cowbell player????..........:D

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 02:38 AM
It's true, us sousaphones are magical :bow:

I'm guessing Geoff?

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 02:39 AM
Yes...but how's your cowbell player????..........:D

We don't have a cowbell...we have a telephone player.

Trim
03-19-2009, 02:45 AM
We sat in the front row under the Bison hoop next to you guys for every game at Sioux Falls. We loved it!

My hats off to all of you, especially the drummer because my son and I really zoned in on you. Nice green hair the last game too. Also liked when you all sang while OU played "Hey Baby" (or whatever the actual title is). I thought that was a nice touch of class.

Is the bass player making the trip to the cities?

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure. The thing with bringing a bass (or any kind of amplified instrument for that matter) is that if a band does bring one the number of people brought along is reduced from 30 to 20, so I'm not sure what our director had in mind for that. I'm sort of the backup bass player because I'm a huge music geek, and Sigurd had asked if I'd be prepared to bring the guitar if asked to, so I can't say what the schpeel is.

gobison.gsb
03-19-2009, 02:54 AM
yeah, this time around we will have a bass player, but chris, the drummer is not able to make this trip. (A lot of people had plans for spring break that they just couldn't change, even for this game) but our director will be drumming---he's a pro drummer.:D

gobison.gsb
03-19-2009, 02:55 AM
The rule about members and electric instruments is no more. Sigurd checked into it.

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 02:56 AM
Serious? Well...at least I looked cool saying it.

Trim
03-19-2009, 03:23 AM
yeah, this time around we will have a bass player, but chris, the drummer is not able to make this trip. (A lot of people had plans for spring break that they just couldn't change, even for this game) but our director will be drumming---he's a pro drummer.:D

I saw him drum at least once in Sioux Falls... Sounded just fine to me.