PDA

View Full Version : Michael Tveidt...the Real Deal

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Hats off to our fabulous senior class...but where would we be without Michael Tveidt right now? (On the football board...or crying over a beer.)

I've watched the Oakland game many, many times...or at least parts of it. He really has a multi-dimensional game. And that three-point stroke with the long, long follow-through. Haven't seen it done like that much.

But maybe the most impressive part about his game is how he uses his head. He does many, many little things that affect the game. They're countless, just in the Oakland game. If you watch this game and dissect it...Tveidt, Nellie, and Moorman are somehow involved in almost every play that works. And they seem to be 'content' to take a back seat to Woody & Wink. I see a real upside with Flowers too. Tveid & Flowers could be forces over the next couple of years.

It's refreshing to see a ballplayer like Michael. And I'm damn glad that he chose us to play for. He's our leader next year. Not a bad place to start in terms of putting a new team together.

Tveidt has 'attitude.'

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Totally. Guys like him....well, OK, mostly him completely make me feel good about our chances next year.

devin45k
03-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Him and Woody are clutch!

Winkelman is consistant!

WYOBISONMAN
03-18-2009, 06:00 AM
I am SO glad we will see Tveidt next year! He is great!

devin45k
03-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Totally. Guys like him....well, OK, mostly him completely make me feel good about our chances next year.

This is off topic but are u in the band?

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:01 AM
heh i had the pleasure of thanking him for pulling most of the scoring weight in the tourney!

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 06:02 AM
We would not be dancing with out Tveidt. I am looking foward to watching this kid over the next 2 years. It will be intereresting to watch him once he is the leader of the team next year.

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 06:02 AM
This is off topic but are u in the band?

I am, yes. Sousaphone player.

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:03 AM
I believe he is. hes in my comm class :P

devin45k
03-18-2009, 06:04 AM
I am, yes. Sousaphone player.

haha.....My old roomate, Chris, is the drummer

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Tveidt is the man but i dont think the team is gonna be placed soley on his shoulders, coleman is gonna step up in a big way, we have 2 sleeper stars in them.

unbison
03-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Tveidt more complete player than woodside.... woody is a chucker that cant play D

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Word to that. I'm thinking that if Dujuan can get a bit smarter about his play in the paint he's going to have a lot of success as a scorer next year. Freddy's going to be a hot ticket from the outside after a summer of practice and of course Tveidt's going to be nuts come next year. I think these three plus maybe Sam, if he gets a bit of weight on and spends some time in the weight room. Heck, he could almost step in as center with his height. Next year will be very interesting indeed with these guys.

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:09 AM
If we wanna truely dance we need to get some real centers, moormans pretty close but could be a pf imo.. Isn't there a big kid comeing from MN for next year? like 7ft +

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:10 AM
lol i ran into a canadian at the palmino in downtown winnipeg lastnite who complimented me on my NDSU summit league champions shirt, and is apparently going to the game! take that KU we have international support :P

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 06:11 AM
We've got Aaberg coming in at 6'9". He's no 7-footer but he'll sure be a welcome inside player on the team.

BTW 26, we're in comm together?

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Whats everyone thoughts on Carlson...I was expecting him to play more this season. I thought he would come off the bench and be a scoring threat right away. I have been kinda disappointed with him so far.

NDSUstudent
03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
There is Nagel, the guy has a nice frame and looked solid in the few exhibition games he played in.

devin45k
lol i ran into a canadian at the palmino in downtown winnipeg lastnite who complimented me on my NDSU summit league champions shirt, and is apparently going to the game! take that KU we have international support :P

Thats actually pretty rad!

Twentysix
We've got Aaberg coming in at 6'9". He's no 7-footer but he'll sure be a welcome inside player on the team.

lol yes, we are.. Your name made it very obvious to me, however mine gives no clues whatsoever. :P

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Well, with the Fab 4 and Tveidt, it's tough for anyone to try to muscle in on that glory. Carlson will have a part to play next year.

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Well, with the Fab 4 and Tveidt, it's tough for anyone to try to muscle in on that glory. Carlson will have a part to play next year.

I just thought he would see more minutes coming off the bench than he has.

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:16 AM
I thought carlson did pretty well being so young with such an experience top heavy team, he made some good plays and some noob mistakes which will ideally be ironed out overtime. I think hell developwell. But coleman and tveidt are the immediate future.

Twentysix
03-18-2009, 06:17 AM
btw pandora doesnt work in canada....wtf......no tunes :-(

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 06:19 AM
I thought carlson did pretty well being so young with such an experience top heavy team, he made some good plays and some noob mistakes which will ideally be ironed out overtime. I think hell developwell. But coleman and tveidt are the immediate future.

Tveidt is a given but I'm not sold on Coleman yet. He has shown he can play but at times he is a train wreck out there. Very inconsistent. Hopefully that changes when he steps into a bigger role and gets more playing time.

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 06:21 AM
Tveidt is a given but I'm not sold on Coleman yet. He has shown he can play but at times he is a train wreck out there. Very inconsistent. Hopefully that changes when he steps into a bigger role and gets more playing time.

What positions will Coleman and Carlson play?

NDSUstudent
03-18-2009, 06:22 AM
If Coleman can learn to play with some control he could be a great player, he has a decent shot and is so athletic. A lot of potential just sitting there to be molded.

Carlson needs minutes, hard to be a consistent player as a freshman when you don't get consistent playing time.

WYOBISONMAN
03-18-2009, 06:23 AM
What positions will Coleman and Carlson play?

Well........we need a Quarterback............:praying:

DjKyRo
03-18-2009, 06:25 AM
I think we can say the same about Freddy as we can say about Dujuan, Sam, Carlson. Those four plus Tveidt are, to me, going to be the team next year.

Of course Tveidt is the man. A summer of training and taking a leadership role is going to make him a very dangerous player.

Dujuan gets a bit too physical down in the paint, and as such gets into foul trouble a bit too quickly. I think when he trains a bit more and gets his head into the game down a low a bit more, and works on his range, he'll be a strong player down low.

Sam needs some work. He's got the height to make things happen and I for one think he'd be a great replacement for Moorms come next year. He's a big guy, and if he can muscle people around and dish it to the hoop, he'll definitely be a big help next year.

Freddy needs to sharpen up his game. He's got the makings of a good player, and when he's good, he can really make some magic out there. He can make threes open up and knows how to draw fouls when he's on his game. When he's cold, it's a somewhat different story, but I think some training will help his game considerably.

Finally, Eric is going to get a ton more playing time next yer, and I think we'll get a chance to see him shine. He's got a good head for the game and I think he'll take the place of Winkelman/Nelly in our perimeter game, and we'll have a strong scoring season once again.

mango
03-18-2009, 06:38 AM
The one thing I am worried about for Bison fans next year is that defenses can key on Tveidt without Woodside and Winkelman. Granted, Tveidt is capable of handling the pressure, I saw him do it all the way through high school. He is a special player for you guys and he carried the Bison in the first half of the Summit Championship

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
The one thing I am worried about for Bison fans next year is that defenses can key on Tveidt without Woodside and Winkelman. Granted, Tveidt is capable of handling the pressure, I saw him do it all the way through high school. He is a special player for you guys and he carried the Bison in the first half of the Summit Championship

No doubt...there will be an adjustment period. Could take a while.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-18-2009, 04:08 PM
heh i had the pleasure of thanking him for pulling most of the scoring weight in the tourney!

hahaha i was on espn2 with him went in for the hug :)

Tveidt is a great guy and a hell of a player!

Castor Troy
03-18-2009, 04:54 PM

So, the plan to have him verbal as a 9th grader when he was 6'9" in the hopes that he would become a 7 footer has backfired since he is still 6'9" and VERY thin?

I hear his stats are great against small town MN kids, but even the Summit League has some big bodies that gave us fits, even with Luke around.

Castor Troy
03-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I think we can say the same about Freddy as we can say about Dujuan, Sam, Carlson. Those four plus Tveidt are, to me, going to be the team next year.

Of course Tveidt is the man. A summer of training and taking a leadership role is going to make him a very dangerous player.

Dujuan gets a bit too physical down in the paint, and as such gets into foul trouble a bit too quickly. I think when he trains a bit more and gets his head into the game down a low a bit more, and works on his range, he'll be a strong player down low.

Sam needs some work. He's got the height to make things happen and I for one think he'd be a great replacement for Moorms come next year. He's a big guy, and if he can muscle people around and dish it to the hoop, he'll definitely be a big help next year.

Freddy needs to sharpen up his game. He's got the makings of a good player, and when he's good, he can really make some magic out there. He can make threes open up and knows how to draw fouls when he's on his game. When he's cold, it's a somewhat different story, but I think some training will help his game considerably.

Finally, Eric is going to get a ton more playing time next yer, and I think we'll get a chance to see him shine. He's got a good head for the game and I think he'll take the place of Winkelman/Nelly in our perimeter game, and we'll have a strong scoring season once again.

What about Lundberg?

tony
03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
So, the plan to have him verbal as a 9th grader when he was 6'9" in the hopes that he would become a 7 footer has backfired since he is still 6'9" and VERY thin?

I hear his stats are great against small town MN kids, but even the Summit League has some big bodies that gave us fits, even with Luke around.

We have Andy Nagel red-shirting - be interesting to see how he develops between now and the start of next season.

Kermit
03-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Aaberg was a 6'6" 10th grader. He is now 6'9" with a very long wingspan, and a ton of athletic ability. He is probably a 4, not a 5. He will need a redshirt year. No reason to hate on this kid, he is a potential steal for the Bison and I am very excited to see him play at NDSU.

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
These names being discussed...would anyone care to give me a refresher on where they're from, and any other info. that you can provide?

Castor Troy
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Aaberg was a 6'6" 10th grader. He is now 6'9" with a very long wingspan, and a ton of athletic ability. He is probably a 4, not a 5. He will need a redshirt year. No reason to hate on this kid, he is a potential steal for the Bison and I am very excited to see him play at NDSU.

No hate intended. We just need a big body to get back to the dance and this kid was an attempt to maybe steal one away from the bigger schools. I did a little more reasearch and apparently he verballed in the summer before his junior year and he was listed at 6'8". His numbers are insane, but not the answer in the middle.

Currently he is listed at 6'9" and 210 pounds.

NDSUstudent
03-18-2009, 07:03 PM
No hate intended. We just need a big body to get back to the dance and this kid was an attempt to maybe steal one away from the bigger schools. I did a little more reasearch and apparently he verballed in the summer before his junior year and he was listed at 6'8". His numbers are insane, but not the answer in the middle.

He did turn down an offer to Oklahoma State over the summer, he needs time to mature but he could be a nice addition.

Castor Troy
03-18-2009, 07:03 PM
These names being discussed...would anyone care to give me a refresher on where they're from, and any other info. that you can provide?

Jordan Aaaberg- Rothsay High School

Aaberg is a thin mobile forward that that runs the floor well and is very active on the glass. He can rebound on both ends in and out of his area. He has already had a game of 20 rebounds this season. He also is an excellent shot blocker with excellent timing. Aaberg has great upside and his production should increase as he adds weight and strength once he is in a college program.

NAME GP FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% PTS AVG
#40 Jordan Aaberg 23 248 410 60.5% 5 14 35.7% 76 131 58.0% 577 25.1

Mr_Meanor
03-18-2009, 07:04 PM

Once NDSU get this kid in the weight room he will put on a good 20 lbs. of muscle.