PDA

View Full Version : Kansas...a Good Model for Athletic Balance

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 05:30 AM
As most of us know...the University of Kansas has had a powerhouse basketball program for a long, long time. But in recent years we've watched their football program grow in stature. Who would have thought that Nebraska would 'ever' be struggling with Kansas in football.

My hat is off to Kansas for finding balance. There has been some discussion on our forum about North Dakota State basketball emerging while football had a tough year in 08. But I'll predict that within two years (hopefully less) we'll be contending for the conference title and a playoff spot in football...and I certainly hope that our appearance in the Big Dance will bring in some first-rate basketball talent to replace our great seniors. It will be interesting to watch.

We discussed schools like Duke and Indiana, who seemingly can't find the balance. A lot of universities have a dominance in either basketball or football. Kansas has beaten the odds. Maybe the BCS will recognize Kansas as a legitimate football school someday.

Wouldn't it be great to get Kansas to show up in Fargo in either or both sports? Maybe we could do a 2 for 1 with them. It's a dream.

'The Jayhawks Come to Fargo.' That has a really nice sound to it.

:cool:

RockChalkJayBlog
03-18-2009, 05:35 AM
dfasdfadfasdfadfasdfadfasdfa

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 05:39 AM
The football program is on the rise. They need to string a few more bowl games to consider them a good athletic balance, though. But as of late, they've been doing a better job.

You've been overlooked in football by the BCS...IMO. Don't care about history. It's like a good-old-boy club. It's like Utah in football last fall. They belonged in the championship game. I felt that Kansas should have been way up there in 2007.

WYOBISONMAN
03-18-2009, 05:41 AM
You've been overlooked in football by the BCS...IMO. Don't care about history. It's like a good-old-boy club. It's like Utah in football last fall. They belonged in the championship game. I felt that Kansas should have been way up there in 2007.

Agreed 100%. Most of the time I love to see KU do well. Just not on Friday.....and some of these KU fans are starting to piss me off!

RockChalkJayBlog
03-18-2009, 05:41 AM
dfasdfadfasdfadfasdfadfasdfa

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Agreed 100%. Most of the time I love to see KU do well. Just not on Friday.....and some of these KU fans are starting to piss me off!

And I would agree with your last statement. It's gone way over the edge. Own this board...they do not.

bison_05
03-18-2009, 05:45 AM

I think making the orange bowl was a pretty nice accomplishment for a non-football school.

WYOBISONMAN
03-18-2009, 05:45 AM
And I would agree with your last statement. It's gone way over the edge. Own this board...they do not.

And....CA I apologize a bit......maybe I am long on green beer tonight......

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 06:51 AM
I think making the orange bowl was a pretty nice accomplishment for a non-football school.

Agreed...............

devin45k
03-18-2009, 06:57 AM
too much boldface