PDA

View Full Version : One Time

skolbrother
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM
My opinion is in a 7 game series we lose to KU, but we only have to win that one game. Think Wisconsin Kohl Center or Marquette. Minnesota football we knew we were the better team so that was not even an upset.

The basketball team is so due in Minneapolis and where better than our dome.

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
My opinion is in a 7 game series we lose to KU, but we only have to win that one game. Think Wisconsin Kohl Center or Marquette. Minnesota football we knew we were the better team so that was not even an upset.

The basketball team is so due in Minneapolis and where better than our dome.

I agree- In a series we lose but in 1 game anything can happen. What if we are shooting hot and they are cold? It happens.

We have the advantages of:

1) It's our biggest game ever
2) Home field advantage
3) We're more experienced while they don't have any seniors. They are not battle tested.
4) We are playing well right now while they lost 2 of their last 3 games
5) We've got nothing to lose
6) We've beaten highly ranked teams on their home court. We've always competed with the big dogs.
7) Did I say home field? We need to show up in record numbers!

Then we have the disadvantages:
1) They are the defending Champions. (although it's not the same team)
2) They are way more athletic than we are
3) They are big in the middle
4) They have more depth

It has the makings for a great game!

classicrock71
03-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I would like to reply to your post.. And congratz on making the Dance. The NDSB is truly a cinderella story. Im just sad its against KU.

1. Yes its is the biggest game ever for your team (Im excited for you) This is what March Madness is all about. This week you will be on a high and have freinds and family talk about your basketball team. This atsmophere joins alot of people.

2.Without a dobt you have home field advantage. But we do play in some very hostile situations. For example Mizzou. The difference is that you (Bisons) will not be spitting on us and throwing coins at players. ( I hope). Just let it be noted we (I) am not worried about your Home field advantage.

3.I dnot know what experence you are talking about. We have played and won against, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, and they are all ranked. We dont need a team of seniors to win we have proven that. I dont know if you all know Sherron Collins does not get rattled get him up to the line and you will see..

PS loosing the last 2 games
I cannot remember when KU lost 3 in a row?????

OrygunBison
03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry, it is idiotic to say that they are not battle-tested. They play in a major conference and actually play a decent OOC schedule. The plain fact of the matter is that our team has something special and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win but I am certainly not confident of that like some posters are. I'm embarrassed when I see the things some of my Bison brethren write.

On Friday, we play the defending national champs, a team that arguably has the finest basketball tradition of any in college football. If nothing else, these facts alone will be hard to beat.

That said - GO BISON, BEAT THE JAYHAWKS!!!

Bison bison
03-17-2009, 06:21 PM
You guys should check out accuscore.

We have a 20% chance of beating kansas, WV, and Michigan State. That's a 1% of making it to the elite eight!

BigBison
03-17-2009, 06:21 PM
This team has taken on defending National Champs before, that being Florida Gators.

classicrock71
03-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I have something for you its what we show at Allen FieldHouse at the Start of the game. It will show the Bison fans what Kansas Basketball is all about www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8EbuK06bI (www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8EbuK06bI)

TheBisonator
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
This team has taken on defending National Champs before, that being Florida Gators.

And we played a very respectable game against them as well.

cbline

We have a 20% chance of beating kansas, WV, and Michigan State. That's a 1% of making it to the elite eight!

So, then there is a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAILG8R
I'm sorry, it is idiotic to say that they are not battle-tested. They play in a major conference and actually play a decent OOC schedule. The plain fact of the matter is that our team has something special and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win but I am certainly not confident of that like some posters are. I'm embarrassed when I see the things some of my Bison brethren write.

On Friday, we play the defending national champs, a team that arguably has the finest basketball tradition of any in college football. If nothing else, these facts alone will be hard to beat.

That said - GO BISON, BEAT THE JAYHAWKS!!!

You do realize that most of the 'embarrassing' things written on here are from fans who are just trying to have fun with moment? I usually assume that most of the post on this board need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Lakes posts omitted ;)

GradBison
03-17-2009, 06:27 PM

lol ok I can't resist, so you're saying we have a chance???!!!!!

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 06:27 PM
It kinda seems like what you are going through now is what we went through last year after getting to the final 4. I don't mean that in a bad way, you guys should enjoy the hell out of this.

SDbison
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I would like to reply to your post.. And congratz on making the Dance. The NDSB is truly a cinderella story. Im just sad its against KU.

1. Yes its is the biggest game ever for your team (Im excited for you) This is what March Madness is all about. This week you will be on a high and have freinds and family talk about your basketball team. This atsmophere joins alot of people.

2.Without a dobt you have home field advantage. But we do play in some very hostile situations. For example Mizzou. The difference is that you (Bisons) will not be spitting on us and throwing coins at players. ( I hope). Just let it be noted we (I) am not worried about your Home field advantage.

3.I dnot know what experence you are talking about. We have played and won against, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, and they are all ranked. We dont need a team of seniors to win we have proven that. I dont know if you all know Sherron Collins does not get rattled get him up to the line and you will see..

PS loosing the last 2 games
I cannot remember when KU lost 3 in a row?????
Well, get ready to see what it feels like to lose 3........Kansas is not invincible, especially this year's team. Yeah, we all know about your glory of the past.......just cause you had it often doesn't mean it's a given.
The bigger they are the harder they fall.....Goliath meet David.
Big 12, blah blah blah.......blah blah blah.....
You Kansas fans are full of yourselves, assuming your underclassman (even if better athletically) can out play our very experienced seniors.
Maybe you should go back to your own board and start worrying about how you will handle another loss on Friday.....bye bye now!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Well, get ready to see what it feels like to lose 3........Kansas is not invincible, especially this year's team. Yeah, we all know about your glory of the past.......just cause you had it often doesn't mean it's a given.
The bigger they are the harder they fall.....Goliath meet David.
Big 12, blah blah blah.......blah blah blah.....
You Kansas fans are full of yourselves, assuming your underclassman (even if better athletically) can out play our very experienced seniors.
Maybe you should go back to your own board and start worrying about how you will handle another loss on Friday.....bye bye now!

hate to say this SD....this KU team has even shocked Bill Self...he's stated it and

This defending champ KU team is way better then the Florida defending
champ team (stated to the people that are comparing this to that Florida game).

the guy is right....sherron collins takes a lot to get rattled...if its close he basically does what woodside does and takes over the game at will....aka OU game even though they didn't have their best player....he also hit 35 i think straight free throws in conf play this year.

not trying to sound mean or anything but it will take a well played game by us to beat KU...

one thing NDSU has going for them is in minnesota, heart and the will to win...not saying KU doesn't have that, but these guys want it...Bison are hungry!

not trying to call you out SD...just trying to state that this is a good KU team and that even their coach didn't expect them to be where they are today.

Herd
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
When NDSU plays up (which really has been a way of life the past 4 years), our teams always complete and rarely get blown out. I can't think of any basketball or football games where we played upper level competition and didn't belong, or didn't bring it.

Football: MN, Ball St, Central MI, MN, WY
Basketball: MN, WI, Marq, FL, Milwaukee, USC

You can count on NDSU to being there for 40 minutes vs Kansas, I have no doubt. KU fans can say what they want, but they will learn.

blaker
03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I agree- In a series we lose but in 1 game anything can happen. What if we are shooting hot and they are cold? It happens.

We have the advantages of:

1) It's our biggest game ever
2) Home field advantage
3) We're more experienced while they don't have any seniors. They are not battle tested.
4) We are playing well right now while they lost 2 of their last 3 games
5) We've got nothing to lose
6) We've beaten highly ranked teams on their home court. We've always competed with the big dogs.
7) Did I say home field? We need to show up in record numbers!

It has the makings for a great game!

2) You won't have home court advantage. I'm guessing it will be pretty neutral. We travel well.
3) Ridiculous. Not even close. How do we not have experience? How are we not battle tested? Listen, we may be young, but we have experience and are battle tested. We play in the Big 12, kid. We won the Big 12, kid. Are you serious?
6) We have beat good and bad teams at home and away.

We are going to beat you by 20, make no doubt about it. You guys are so cute though.
4)

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2009, 01:04 PM
And we played a very respectable game against them as well.

I wouldn't put much, if any, stock into that game...the entire championship core from that team went pro. Had they all stayed that'd of been a 40 pt blow out...that Florida team was f'n loaded.

seanr9ne
03-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't put much, if any, stock into that game...the entire championship core from that team went pro. Had they all stayed that'd of been a 40 pt blow out...that Florida team was f'n loaded.

Oh you're talking about the NIT team? heh

By the way, we beat that championship Florida team on a neutral court :p

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2009, 01:07 PM
And this would be a 40 pt loss for NDSU if this was last years Kansas team.

Thank god theyre not even close talent wise

seanr9ne
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
And this would be a 40 pt loss for NDSU if this was last years Kansas team.

Thank god theyre not even close talent wise

This year's Kansas team is probably only 15 points off last years, IMO. Aldrich is a better big than Darnell and Sasha were. Collins still has an immature game at times, but has grown by leaps and bounds since last year. Tyshawn has had many games where you could easily compare him to Chalmers. We really miss the Rush and Arthur type players, though. Hopefully Little and the Morris twins grow into that role.

This year's team could easily hang with last years if they played well.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
This year's Kansas team is probably only 15 points off last years, IMO. Aldrich is a better big than Darnell and Sasha were. Collins still has an immature game at times, but has grown by leaps and bounds since last year. Tyshawn has had many games where you could easily compare him to Chalmers. We really miss the Rush and Arthur type players, though. Hopefully Little and the Morris twins grow into that role.

This year's team could easily hang with last years if they played well.

15 pts is a lot. Even this years Texas hung with KU until the final minutes of the game. That says a lot.

Thankfully as of now you're not playing to your highest abilities...hopefully the trend continues this Friday;) .

I think youre still another year or 2 away obviously until we see how Taylor, Little, the thug twins etc turn out.

seanr9ne
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
15 pts is a lot. Even this years Texas hung with KU until the final minutes of the game. That says a lot.

Thankfully as of now you're not playing to your highest abilities...hopefully the trend continues this Friday;) .

I think youre still another year or 2 away obviously until we see how Taylor, Little, the thug twins etc turn out.

I know you may have been exaggerating, but by that logic Friday's game won't be close either. This year's Texas was bad, until they found Balbay. Pittman has turned from a fat ass into a decent player, Abrams has struggled but still is good, James is a ridiculous athlete that we always have trouble matching up against, and Balbay has the tools necessary to run a team.

I think we are a wingman away from getting to that elite top 5 level. Hopefully Lance Stephenson will fix that for us.