PDA

View Full Version : Yo Bison

Mr Phog
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Congratulations on making the Big Dance!

Let me assure you that no one in the land of Jayhawks is taking you guys lightly. The hot shooting, close knit core of seniors on your roster embodies the type of team that has defeated KU in the first round in the very recent past. The fact that these guys committed to the goal of making the NCAA tournament this year....I wish that we had a different first round matchup.

In any case, do any of you know where I could find recordings of some of your games from this season?

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Check out the multimedia offerings at the official athletic site for NDSU...

http://www.gobison.com

Mr Phog
03-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Check out the multimedia offerings at the official athletic site for NDSU...

http://www.gobison.com

Thanks, but I was more interested in some video footage rather than just audio....cough, cough, torrents, cough, cough

NDSUstudent
03-17-2009, 04:57 PM
The last six minutes of our game against Oakland is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hollx6KpcBk

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
The last six minutes of our game against Oakland is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hollx6KpcBk

Call Coach Self...we finally have video. :hide:

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Try this site out. Video is a premium service under the multimedia section, but all conference games are archived....

http://thesummitleague.org/HomePage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=USER

IzzyFlexion
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Try this site out. Video is a premium service under the multimedia section, but all conference games are archived....

http://thesummitleague.org/HomePage.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=USER

Atta boy Wyo.
By the time they figure out how to get the video working off of that damn Summit site, they'll miss their plane to Minneapolis.:)

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Atta boy Wyo.
By the time they figure out how to get the video working off of that damn Summit site, they'll miss their plane to Minneapolis.:)

Actually, if one of those Kansas boys figures out how to get a decent video out of that Summit League multimedia train wreck....I hope they let us know how to do it......:hide:

TotallyBiasedFan
03-17-2009, 05:29 PM
So does Woodside never really drive left? Can he make lefty layups? It seems like Oakland was shading him way on the right and the one time he went left he finished on the right side with a right handed lay up.

Granted this is only from 6 minutes of game time, but Oakland must have scouted him and they were just sitting down on his right.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 05:30 PM
So does Woodside never really drive left? Can he make lefty layups? It seems like Oakland was shading him way on the right and the one time he went left he finished on the right side with a right handed lay up.

Granted this is only from 6 minutes of game time, but Oakland must have scouted him and they were just sitting down on his right.

I have seen him drive left. I have watched almost all the games and he can go either way.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 06:22 PM
I have seen him drive left. I have watched almost all the games and he can go either way.

That's not very confident...

GradBison
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM

WTF does that mean?!

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Just seems like if he trusted his left hand he would say he CAN drive left, not that he has seen it happen before.

classicrock71
03-17-2009, 06:27 PM
I have something for you its what we show at Allen FieldHouse at the Start of the game. It will show the Bison fans what Kansas Basketball is all about www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8EbuK06bI

TAILG8R
03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Not this sh!t again. :banghead:

Thanks I didn't realize that Kansas had a basketball team before Sunday's selection show. Now I know so much more.

GradBison
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I have something for you its what we show at Allen FieldHouse at the Start of the game. It will show the Bison fans what Kansas Basketball is all about www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8EbuK06bI

Oh great, another KU fan feeling the need to educate us Bison fans about KU basketball. :rolleyes:

NDSUstudent
03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Here is a pretty good take on Woodside from a NBA draft website and he can go left or right, he might favor the right a bit but not really that much.

Ben Woodside , 5-11, Senior, Point Guard, North Dakota
20.7 points, 7.2 assists, 3.7 turnovers, 2.5 rebounds, 49% FG, 52% 3P, 82% FT

Scott Nadler

A relative unknown in the college basketball world, Ben Woodside is continuing to show what the fans of North Dakota have been witnessing for the past three years. The reason for his anonymity is because it’s only the Bison’s second year in Division I competition as new members of the Summit League. The Bison ended last season with an impressive thrashing of eventual champion Oral Roberts, but because of NCAA transitioning restrictions, NDSU had to forfeit any postseason aspirations. The restrictions are lifted and the Bison are now a team that could be wearing that proverbial slipper come March.

The leader of the bunch is point guard Ben Woodside, who has career averages of 18.2 PPG and 5.1 APG and is a career 40% 3 point shooter on five attempts a game. No longer a sleeper, Woodside is now on scouts’ radars and with another big season he could be a prospect for Portsmouth and the NBA draft workout circuit. Two causes for concern right off the bat for Woodside however, are his size—at just 5-11, and his age, as he will be only days away from his 24th birthday by next June’s draft.

Woodside is a scoring point guard (24.5 points per-40 pace adjusted) who can really shoot the ball. He has an effortless stroke with very little wasted motion and range that extends well beyond the NBA 3 point line. He has the ability to create a shot for himself off the dribble, especially coming off pick and rolls, where he is extremely adept. He comes off pick and rolls very tight, forcing a switch or a delayed hedge which he is very good at exploiting. Despite being less than 6 feet, Woodside has no problem getting his shot off. He has a very quick release and does a good job with his handle to create space.

Woodside is very quick for a mid-major college point guard, but he doesn’t display freakish athleticism by NBA standards. He gets to the basket on a regular basis and the reason for that is two-fold. Firstly, as mentioned previously, his shot is deadly. As a constant threat from behind the arc, opposing guards play him tight and are told to run him off the 3 point line. He’s very good at using jab steps and head fakes, which get defenders leaning, giving him a step otherwise unachievable.

The second reason is his craftiness and deceptiveness. He changes speeds very well, makes great use of ball screens and can lull an opponent to sleep with his dribble before he accelerates to the basket. He splits screens regularly, which often leads to a short shot or tear drop in the lane. This incredible knack for getting to the basket is evidenced by his high free throw rate, as he’s getting there 6.5 times a game for his career – an impressive stat considering his size.

On the downside, Woodside has a tendency to over dribble and force the action. When getting cut off from a drive, he’ll be persistent to a fault - either trying to drive amongst a crowded defense to make a play that’s not there, or force up a tough shot. He doesn’t protect the ball well either on his drives as he susceptible to being stripped. He also favors his right hand considerably, and coughs the ball up on 1/5th of his possessions.

He’s currently averaging 7.2 APG (6th in the country), which suggests he’s a terrific passer, but the jury is still out on that. His high turnover rate thus far (3.7 a game) gives him a solid but not spectacular 1.9 A/TO ratio. He makes simple passes to open shooters or bounce passes on a two on one break, but none really eye opening. He goes for homerun passes in the paint which can either lead to a great assist or a costly turnover. When he decides to penetrate he often makes up his mind to shoot the ball instead of staying cognizant of open teammates. He has a propensity to leave his feet to make a pass which is always a dangerous decision.

On the defensive end, Woodside plays in spurts. At times he looks very good and prevents drives to the hoop, and other times he gets blown by. Overall, he’s a much better on the ball defender than he is off of it. His decent lateral quickness, high I.Q., and strong upper body all contribute to his ability to compete at this end against more talented guards.

Off the ball however, he often has lapses in concentration as he’ll come out of his stance, be a second late on a rotation or casually swipe at an off guard driving past his side. He can get lazy on the ball as well as demonstrated by his habit of letting his man go past him with hopes of poking the ball out from behind. His lack of size will always be considered a hindrance regardless, as just doesn’t have the length to contest most shots or deny passes on the perimeter, and will be susceptible to post-ups from bigger guards.

Woodside will need to prove that he can be a pure point guard at the next level by cutting his turnovers down and improving his decision making abilities. His shot will serve him very well and ensure that he plays somewhere professionally next season. It’s going to be interesting to follow the Bison through this season and a lot will depend on how far Woodside can carry them.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NCAA-Weekly-Performers-12112008-Part-One-3059/

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 06:38 PM

No.....I am confident.....just busy and gave a short answer. You guys are keeping me damn busy!

TotallyBiasedFan
03-17-2009, 07:32 PM
"He also favors his right hand considerably, and coughs the ball up on 1/5th of his possessions."

This is what I noticed from the 6 minute clip. (On the negative side, positively his shot looks super smooth.)

SF_Bison
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM

Dude... Jeff Boschee... We know what Kansas basketball is all about. Just because our team is new to the tournament doesn't mean we are all brain dead to the world.

heckler
03-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Dude... Jeff Boschee... We know what Kansas basketball is all about. Just because our team is new to the tournament doesn't mean we are all brain dead to the world.

Jeff who??

SF_Bison
03-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh please Jesus tell me that was sarcasm. I haven't had enough sleep the past two nights for it not to be.

THE ndsU
03-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh please Jesus tell me that was sarcasm. I haven't had enough sleep the past two nights for it not to be.

Jeff Boschee? Yeah I know him. Isn't he the manager of the Perkins in Moorhead? Nice guy. :D

heckler
03-17-2009, 08:22 PM

I'm from Minnesota. I think it's funny how North Dakotans worship Kansas because of one guy.

GoPanthers33
03-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone can watch the entire NDSU-Oakland game on ESPN360.com
Just go into the replay section and search back a bit for it...Not to far back though!

IzzyFlexion
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Anyone can watch the entire NDSU-Oakland game on ESPN360.com
Just go into the replay section and search back a bit for it...Not to far back though!

Oh, thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A non NDSU post from a fan we've come to love and respect......and is 100% vetted!
My conspiracy theory radar needs a break.
How you doin' GoPanthers?

IzzyFlexion
03-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Oh shizzit!
NDSU may as well stay home. They figured it out!
ATTENTION ALL KANSAS JAYHAWK FANS:
Ben Woodside cannot go/drive to his left. What crappy timing. I mean.....the kid goes through the program for 5 years, becomes the all-time leading scorer in school history, and is the conference player of the year. NOW somebody figures out that he can't go left.
We're screwed now!

Bison bison
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I watched the last 30 seconds of the OU game and learned:

That NDSU opponents handle the ball almost twice the amount of time that the Bison do.

100% of the points scored against NDSU are dunks.

Ben Woodside is a ball hog.

NDSU only runs one play.

seanr9ne
03-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I watched the last 30 seconds of the OU game and learned:

That NDSU opponents handle the ball almost twice the amount of time that the Bison do.

100% of the points scored against NDSU are dunks.

Ben Woodside is a ball hog.

NDSU only runs one play.

When you said OU...I actually thought for a second that you guys beat a Division I team this year.

Silly me :p

*Bisonrube
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Just seems like if he trusted his left hand he would say he CAN drive left, not that he has seen it happen before.

Laughable...Yes, all your in-depth research has finally caught the flaw every other team has missed the last 5 years...thank goodness we made it this far before being exposed.

Oakland was trying/allowing Woody to drive...trying to take away his outside shot and hoping the monster in the middle would alter or block his shot. Just as in earlier games...FYI

GO Bison!!

Bison"FANatic"
03-18-2009, 02:02 PM
When you said OU...I actually thought for a second that you guys beat a Division I team this year.

Well another one to put on the ignore list.

seanr9ne
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Well another one to put on the ignore list.

Thanks for making that public knowledge...like I even care that you exist.

*Bisonrube
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM

Stay Classy Kansas!!

seanr9ne
03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Stay Classy Kansas!!

Stay retarded Bison.

admin
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Stay retarded Bison.

You've been benched.

Bison"FANatic"
03-18-2009, 02:26 PM
You've been benched.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

*Bisonrube
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Stay retarded Bison.

Are you in still in Elementary School? Good One!!

BlueBisonRock
03-18-2009, 09:30 PM
You've been benched.

Whaaat! No way to give rep to the Angry Elf? !!!

heckler
03-18-2009, 09:31 PM
You've been benched.

:bong: :nod: one down

5DecadeHawk
03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
You guys don't stand a chance aND YOU KNOW IT. We have the best basketball program in the country. We have tradition on our side. We have the best fan base in the country. Our program is so far above all the rest of the Big 12 and the rest of the D1 schools .....quit now before we embarrass you on national television.

lcbison
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
You guys don't stand a chance aND YOU KNOW IT. We have the best basketball program in the country. We have tradition on our side. We have the best fan base in the country. Our program is so far above all the rest of the Big 12 and the rest of the D1 schools .....quit now before we embarrass you on national television.

UCLA & Kentucky's National championship banners would like a word with you.

IzzyFlexion
03-19-2009, 04:06 AM

Oh, way to go you guys! Now he's getting upset. Looks like he's giving us another chance though......but be nice because it looks like if we're not clearly he's part of the "we" and will instruct coach Self to run up the score.

DjKyRo
03-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Christ, can we ban this guy yet? What a noob.

Twentysix
03-19-2009, 07:16 AM
http://www.nondot.org/~kungfoomaster/pictures/stfu_noob.jpg

lulz all ku fans are little yellow bears.

Twentysix
03-19-2009, 07:20 AM
Honestly though isnt most of KU's fan base gonna be bandwagonners after a NC? I'm not saying the ones on the board are, but to say that you have an amazing fan base when clearly the entire N american continent(Maybe not including centeral america). wears UNC and duke hats.... I'm just gonna call bullshit. Im not saying our fan base is better cause its not, but you guys are sooo far into bandwagoners.... When you lose your fanbase will be cut in half...when we lose our fanbase is gonna go up... GL KU.