PDA

View Full Version : A Chance At History!

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Chance At History!

Hey Bison fans!

Only 5 years ago we were a D2 baskeball team, and not a very good one for that matter. Five years later, we're a lead story on ESPN and we're playing the defending champions, the Kansas Jayhawks, in Minneapolis on National TV in front of an audience of millions!

LINK SPORTSCENTER!

Do we truely understand the magnitude of this game? This makes the Gophers football win look like 2nd page news. This is a really rare opportunity. Chances are, this team will not made the Big Dance next year because they will be losing the Big 4 and even if they do, what are the odd's they will end up in Minneapolis? Remember, Oral Roberts had to wait 15 years between tournament appearences. Teams like Northwestern have never made it!

If the Bison pull the upset, and believe me, they have the ability to win in front of a home crowd, do you want to BE THERE or watch the highlights on the news? The tickets are a bit spendy ($71 single day event or $193 to see 3 days) but that's the price you pay to witness history!

Get your butt's down to the Metrodome!

TOP 5 REASONS WE CAN WIN!

1) Home crowd! Kansas is dominant at home but beatable on the road! They lost 4 games on the road, actually.

2) Experience! The Bison are anchored by four - 5th year seniors while the Jayhawks are anchored by freshman and sophmores. They don't have a senior on the team! How will the respond?

3) Kansas is not playing their best game right now! They lost 2 of their last 3 including a loss to a weak Baylor team and a 19 point blowout to Texas Tech. NDSU is getting hot at the right time! They have only lost 2 games since mid December!

4) Cinderella story! It's a fact that most people root for the underdog. They have nothing to lose and nobody expects them to win!

5) NDSU is actually that good. This year NDSU has lost 6 games all season. 3 were close losses to teams that are going to the Big Dance. The 4th loss was a 1 point loss to Oakland. They beat Oral Roberts in Oklahoma and broke their 2 year conference winning streak! Then you've got the wins over ranked teams like Wisconsin and Marquette. This team does not get intimidated by the big dogs and do not get blown out!

BlueBisonRock
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Are you Babe Ruth's gay brother?

This kind of behavior has been showing itself from multiple Kansas (and other?) posters. The behavior is out of line. Normally Bisonville is open to and warmly accepts posters from other schools. Until this kind of crap occurs.

Yes, you are getting challenged by posters on this board and the challenge is deserved. Make your case in a positive manner. This approach will help you. It seems that the Bison fans are expected to get on their knees and bow to the mighty kansas.

Unfortunately, you are treated like everyone else on this board. You need to earn respect. All you will earn with smart a$$ed comments like this is more red chicklets (you are welcome).

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 01:52 PM
This kind of behavior has been showing itself from multiple Kansas (and other?) posters. The behavior is out of line. Normally Bisonville is open to and warmly accepts posters from other schools. Until this kind of crap occurs.

Yes, you are getting challenged by posters on this board and the challenge is deserved. Make your case in a positive manner. This approach will help you. It seems that the Bison fans are expected to get on their knees and bow to the mighty kansas.

Unfortunately, you are treated like everyone else on this board. You need to earn respect. All you will earn with smart a$$ed comments like this is more red chicklets (you are welcome).

I think it's kind of funny, actually. Of course he stole that from the movie Knocked Up. Good movie.

CaBisonFan
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Chance At History!

Hey Bison fans!

Only 5 years ago we were a D2 baskeball team, and not a very good one for that matter. Five years later, we're a lead story on ESPN and we're playing the defending champions, the Kansas Jayhawks, in Minneapolis on National TV in front of an audience of millions!

LINK SPORTSCENTER!

Do we truely understand the magnitude of this game? This makes the Gophers football win look like 2nd page news. This is a really rare opportunity. Chances are, this team will not made the Big Dance next year because they will be losing the Big 4 and even if they do, what are the odd's they will end up in Minneapolis? Remember, Oral Roberts had to wait 15 years between tournament appearences. Teams like Northwestern have never made it!

If the Bison pull the upset, and believe me, they have the ability to win in front of a home crowd, do you want to BE THERE or watch the highlights on the news? The tickets are a bit spendy ($71 single day event or $193 to see 3 days) but that's the price you pay to witness history!

Get your butt's down to the Metrodome!

TOP 5 REASONS WE CAN WIN!

1) Home crowd! Kansas is dominant at home but beatable on the road! They lost 4 games on the road, actually.

2) Experience! The Bison are anchored by four - 5th year seniors while the Jayhawks are anchored by freshman and sophmores. They don't have a senior on the team! How will the respond?

3) Kansas is not playing their best game right now! They lost 2 of their last 3 including a loss to a weak Baylor team and a 19 point blowout to Texas Tech. NDSU is getting hot at the right time! They have only lost 2 games since mid December!

4) Cinderella story! It's a fact that most people root for the underdog. They have nothing to lose and nobody expects them to win!

5) NDSU is actually that good. This year NDSU has lost 6 games all season. 3 were close losses to teams that are going to the Big Dance. The 4th loss was a 1 point loss to Oakland. They beat Oral Roberts in Oklahoma and broke their 2 year conference winning streak! Then you've got the wins over ranked teams like Wisconsin and Marquette. This team does not get intimidated by the big dogs and do not get blown out!

Good article Gabe !!

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM

Settle down...just a movie quote. A well known one at that.

BlueBisonRock
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Settle down...just a movie quote. A well known one at that.

I recognize the quote. I also appreciate Gabe's acceptance. Personally, I have a high level of acceptance for well thought out opinions / arguements with a low tolerance of Trolls. You are quickly moving from category one to category two. As I stated, represent Kansas with some pride by showing respect to the posters on this board.

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I recognize the quote. I also appreciate Gabe's acceptance. Personally, I have a high level of acceptance for well thought out opinions / arguements with a low tolerance of Trolls. You are quickly moving from category one to category two. As I stated, represent Kansas with some pride by showing respect to the posters on this board.

But it is kind of annoying to have trolls make fun of me! :)

GradBison
03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Right on Gabe. Be there people, witness history.

(I owe you a rep, I've been a bit liberal with them lately. Now where's that blog dude....)

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM

I relay one movie quote, aside from every other post being about the game, and now I'm a troll? Ummmmmmmmm

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
I relay one movie quote, aside from every other post being about the game, and now I'm a troll? Ummmmmmmmm

We're just having fun with you!

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 02:28 PM
We're just having fun with you!

Sorry Paul Rudd (who is a KU grad) disrespected you...according to bluebison.

CaBisonFan
03-17-2009, 02:31 PM

You may be a good troll...but I 'do' wonder about the seeming 'need' to be here at all. You're certainly free to be here...but just in terms of having a life...where does that fall??

I can't remember the last time that I commented on another team's board. Oh yeah...I sent a congratulatory note to another board after they beat us. That's it.

If you're a decent visitor...you get caught in the crossfire of confusion as to who is who. We can't keep track of all of you. At least I can't. The movie quote's OK...but it comes off like a bad joke from someone that we don't know, or trust. Get it? Innocent as it may seem to you...this week...you're in the enemy camp.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
You may be a good troll...but I 'do' wonder about the seeming 'need' to be here at all. You're certainly free to be here...but just in terms of having a life...where does that fall??

I can't remember the last time that I commented on another team's board. Oh yeah...I sent a congratulatory note to another board after they beat us. That's it.

If you're a decent visitor...you get caught in the crossfire of confusion as to who is who. We can't keep track of all of you. At least I can't. The movie quote's OK...but it comes off like a bad joke from the wrong source. It also has the potential to come off as smack, because we don't know you.

I'm here during work because I have absolutely no work today because my clients don't officially transfer for a while. I honestly don't have a life, but I'm at work so I guess it doesn't count.

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm here during work because I have absolutely no work today because my clients don't officially transfer for a while. I honestly don't have a life, but I'm at work so I guess it doesn't count.

Looks like you've mastered the art of being a slacker! :)

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Looks like you've mastered the art of being a slacker! :)

Perfect timing right? March Madness!

bisonmike2
03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Sorry Paul Rudd (who is a KU grad) disrespected you...according to bluebison.

Paul Rudd is a KU grad? I'm going to have to stop liking him...for a week or so. That guy is hilarious. In honor of Paul Rudd and us playing KU I present this...

You know how I know your gay? Your a Kansas Jayhawk fan.

http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_40_year_old_virgin/_group_photos/paul_rudd12.jpg

/settle down everyone, just keeping it light and fun here
//I'll go macro-make a pair of jean shorts now.

kurosawa
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the Big Time, CaBison. This is what fans do come tournament time: go on opponents' boards and talk smack. Mostly it's all in fun; no harm no foul.