PDA

View Full Version : Countering the Rock Chalk Chant

ndsubison1
03-17-2009, 05:29 AM
So when this chant starts what should we counter it with?

"Bison home game?"

"Lets Go Bison?"

"Not in Kansas?"

"Cant win road games?"

Any ideas?

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 05:31 AM
So when this chant starts what should we counter it with?

"Bison home game?"

"Lets Go Bison?"

"Not in Kansas?"

Any ideas?

If the Rock Chalk chant gets started it means the game has gone to KU and we are done. That is when they use it.

ndsubison1
03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
If the Rock Chalk chant gets started it means the game has gone to KU and we are done. That is when they use it.

Oh i thought they did it before and after?

so looks like Woody and Co. will be countering it... haha

Mr_Meanor
03-17-2009, 05:35 AM
They do it before the game as well.

NDSUstudent
03-17-2009, 05:38 AM
How about.......Rock Chalk Upset :D

RK28
03-17-2009, 05:54 AM
They do it before the game as well.

Generally only at home games as part of the pre-game ceremonies. If you are hearing it at a road game, that means it's game over.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-17-2009, 06:01 AM
fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajs dkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdk fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdk

gotts
03-17-2009, 06:07 AM
This has been the funniest thread.

Thanks for the lolz

No, thank you for bringing your cinnamon tic tacs for us!

Schwarz04
03-17-2009, 06:13 AM
I think just straight up Rock Chalk Bison :)

DjKyRo
03-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Rock Chalk Bizon!

BigBison
03-17-2009, 06:55 AM
I'm sure Jayhawk fans will like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHWziCnG8f4&feature=related

Or this would be classy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYnqwVtUuA&feature=related

NDSUFan_Sav
03-17-2009, 07:11 AM

they start the game out with it....then wait til the end of the game when its out of reach

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 07:43 AM
they start the game out with it....then wait til the end of the game when its out of reach

They only do it before the game for legitimate home games.

ButtCheeseinAlabama
03-17-2009, 08:11 AM
They only do it before the game for legitimate home games.

It's a home game ritual that we do right after our Alma Mater at the beginning of the game, but on the road we only do it at the end of the game if we are about to win.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM

Sav......you should know I have this stuff figured out.....;)

IndyBison
03-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Fellow Bison Fans

Rock Chalk Jayhawk is one of the best, unique, traditional cheers in college athletics. Let's not mock it or steal it for our own benefit. We are better than that! Leave that up to the Mizzou and KSU fans. We have plenty of our own cheers.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Fellow Bison Fans

Rock Chalk Jayhawk is one of the best, unique, traditional cheers in college athletics. Let's not mock it or steal it for our own benefit. We are better than that! Leave that up to the Mizzou and KSU fans. We have plenty of our own cheers.

We do encourage originality, that is one thing a lot of small schools have. The Big 12 unfortunately does the same old with us...making fun of dead relatives, finding phone numbers and calling all night before games, shouting out girlfriends numbers during free throws.

52-88-08
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Whatever you guys decide to do, DON'T bring any signs that say "You're not in Kansas anymore!". I'm not kidding when I say that we're greeted with that same unoriginal and lame sign at EVERY single road venue we travel to and each time the fans think they're so clever and OMG hilarious. I'm sure you guys can come up with something better than that.

EagleBison
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Hail the Bison! :nod:

bisonmike2
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
We could just be so loud that you can't hear Rock Chalk over the thousands of screaming NDSU fans.

52-88-08
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
We could just be so loud that you can't hear Rock Chalk over the thousands of screaming NDSU fans.

As others have mentioned, if you're hearing the Rock Chalk chant then I doubt your fans will be in the mood to make a lot of noise.

missingnumber7
03-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm thinking that if we are winning it should be like football...On the plains...or In heaven there is no beer.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm thinking that if we are winning it should be like football...On the plains...or In heaven there is no beer.

I really don't like "In heaven there is no beer" It makes me want to skip church so I don't wind up in heaven.....

Herd
03-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Are we up 10 or down 10 at the time? I can think of lots of chants up 10.

Rock-Less-Jay-Hawks . . . would be a good one. But those are fighting words, and I don't have anything against the Jayhawks.

Herd Mentality
03-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Rock Chalk Deadbird

KU1985Alum
03-17-2009, 05:34 PM
The only way to counter the Rock Chalk chant is for the Bison to win.

If the Bison win then no lack of the Rock Chalk chant, or winning Bison chant will make much difference. It will be pandemonium for your fans and extreme sadness for ours.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
The only way to counter the Rock Chalk chant is for the Bison to win.

If the Bison win then no lack of the Rock Chalk chant, or winning Bison chant will make much difference. It will be pandemonium for your fans and extreme sadness for ours.

That pretty much is the straightest answer I have seen on this topic. The bottom line is there can be no counter for the Rock Chalk......We just need to cheer like hell for the Herd! Reps to you for that....

Trampled
03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I think at the beginning of the game when it is apparent that the bison fans have taken over the Metrodome the best chant would be...Bison Home Game. Bison Home Game......

bisonmike2
03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't care who's chanting what as long as I don't hear "Warm Up The Bus" - presented by State Farm.

Those who have played NCAA B-ball 2009 know what I mean. Worst part of that game.

Herd
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I think at the beginning of the game when it is apparent that the bison fans have taken over the Metrodome the best chant would be...Bison Home Game. Bison Home Game......

Far-go-dome Far-go-dome

bisonmike2
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
I would like to be chanting "Sweet Six-teen! Sweet Six-teen" on Sunday.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Na..na..na..na...heyyyyyyyyyy.......goooooood bye!

SDbison
03-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Na..na..na..na...heyyyyyyyyyy.......goooooood bye!
Thats one I will join in on........
I don't know what all the discussion here is about. I really don't believe we will hear The Rock Chalk chant on Friday.
I am glad I have waited to this point to start posting. Time to get the stinky Jayhawks off Bisonville. From what I have seen only 2 or 3 are legitimate posters, the rest are trolls and losers who think they are better because they associate with Kansas basketball....BFD!
This is Bisonville, and with our basketball team we have every right to believe we have a very good chance to defeat the once mighty (last year) Jayhawks! Go home J-birds......this is a Bison home game! We have nothing to lose......Kansas does!

90 BISON
03-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Far-go-dome Far-go-dome

Are you trying to insinuate that the Basketball addition for the dome is going to find enough funding. :nod: :nod: :nod:
I hope you are right!!! :D

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Thats one I will join in on........
I don't know what all the discussion here is about. I really don't believe we will hear The Rock Chalk chant on Friday.
I am glad I have waited to this point to start posting. Time to get the stinky Jayhawks off Bisonville. From what I have seen only 2 or 3 are legitimate posters, the rest are trolls and losers who think they are better because they associate with Kansas basketball....BFD!
This is Bisonville, and with our basketball team we have every right to believe we have a very good chance to defeat the once mighty (last year) Jayhawks! Go home J-birds......this is a Bison home game! We have nothing to lose......Kansas does!

Just curious...what exactly do you think your chances are?

GradBison
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM

You know the smaller our chances the sweeter it would feel to upset you come Friday. I had it with your arrogance, you're the favorite DUH you're the freaking 3 seed playing the 14th. We like the chances of our Bison and we're just excited to be in the dance.

classicrock71
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I have something for you its what we show at Allen FieldHouse at the Start of the game. It will show the Bison fans what Kansas Basketball is all about www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8EbuK06bI

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
I have something for you its what we show at Allen FieldHouse at the Start of the game. It will show the Bison fans what Kansas Basketball is all about www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8EbuK06bI

??? so you're really going to post this in every thread?

Greenman
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Rock Chalk Deadbird

Geez, I'm a ku fan and i can think up of better chants. Just use ROCK CHOKE CHICKENHAWK.

But as mentioned earlier, if you are hearing the rock chalk chant, you are going home. And numerous fan bases have tried to drown out the chant, and all have been unsuccessful. You can try, but you will fail at drowning out the chant.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 06:33 PM
You know the smaller our chances the sweeter it would feel to upset you come Friday. I had it with your arrogance, you're the favorite DUH you're the freaking 3 seed playing the 14th. We like the chances of our Bison and we're just excited to be in the dance.

Arrogance? I asked what his definition of a very good chance was...in number form. Because to me, very good chance means 60+% chance.

SDbison
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Computer models say 25% chance of NDSU victory, but with home court advantage and senior confidence over youthful arrogance I say better than 50-50 odds Bison win. Call me a homer, but that is MY opinion. Also, seems many experts are picking Kansas to get upset in the first round.

TAILG8R
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Not that you are asking me but I think a very good chance in this case (3 v 14) is somewhere around 15-20%.

That's just me. Flame away.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
SD-

When are you getting to Minny? I fly in Thursday AM......call my cell when you are settled......

RockChalkJayBlog
03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajs dkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdk fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdk

RockChalkJayBlog
03-17-2009, 06:37 PM

SDbison
03-17-2009, 06:38 PM
How about coming up with something original than trying to counter the best chant in college sports... Rather than being like every other lame fanbase in the country.
I, like almost every other fan here, could care less about your chant......not to mention, I highly doubt we will hear it on Friday. Go chant to yourselves in J-birdland.

GradBison
03-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Arrogance? I asked what his definition of a very good chance was...in number form. Because to me, very good chance means 60+% chance.

Again, no one is delusional here 3 vs. 16, it's called an upset for a reason. Got it?
60+% chance is delusional. And yes the way you asked is very arrogant.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-17-2009, 06:40 PM

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I'll gladly do it.

After your blatant disrespect, I hope you can hear me from Lawrence.

NOOOOO.....really........please don't do it with yourself! That is just like......well....you know what.....it will make you go blind....

SDbison
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I'll gladly do it.

Go practice for next year.......disrespect?.......you earned it the moment you started posting here.

heckler
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I'll gladly do it.

http://rebelrockrunners.org/gallery/d/15309-2/ban_him.jpg

GradBison
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I'll gladly do it.

The blatant disrespect is your unstoppable oral diarrhea, 120+ posts in 2 days? Jesus Christ man! Go post on your own boards for a lil bit!

SDbison
03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
SD-

When are you getting to Minny? I fly in Thursday AM......call my cell when you are settled......
Arriving Thursday night.....see you then or Friday morning. PM in the next 24 hours.

EagleBison
03-17-2009, 06:56 PM
SD-

Going to the practice at the dome on Thursday?

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Going to the practice at the dome on Thursday?

Hopefully. We are supposed to get in around 9:45am and I am NOT allowing my son any checked baggage so we are jumping off the plane....meeting my father-in-law and heading immediately to the Dome.

KU1985Alum
03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
http://rebelrockrunners.org/gallery/d/15309-2/ban_him.jpg
Speaking for Jayhawk fans, whom the majority usually demonstrate class, I apologize for this turkey...hawk (RockChalkJayBlog), and for others who have come to your site and are obnoxious. There's always a few in the minority who make the rest of us look bad.

I came here to find out more about your team, players, and how they will potentially be approaching the game Friday. I appreciate the responses you have given me.

I hate it when fans of other teams come to our Jayhawk site and just behave like jerks. So my apologies for them, my congrats to your team and fans, and good luck on Friday.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-17-2009, 07:36 PM

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I said I was just curious what he thought his chances were...and by your standards he is delusional...so what's the problem?

To be fair...I give you guys a 15% or so chance.

OtterTailLakeBison
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
I think 15% is fair, as 14% of the #14 seeds have beaten #3 seeds. However with the expected strong Bison fan presence coupled with senior leadership, I agree with SD's assessment of 25%.

In terms of chants, a suggestion to stay classy and stick to "Let's Go Bison" since KU is a storied men's basketball program. We should storm the court and buy beers for KU fans in local establishments, after we win and become part of the 14%.

There is nothing more demoralizing for a storied, heavily favored team than when the underdog opponent and their fans are celebrating on the court after a victory. Of course we may have some chants of "Over-rated" (please, I am not suggesting anything like that) from a smattering of Bison fans. That is when we offer to buy KU fans beers after the game and apologize for such behavior and indicate "we are just lucky to have played (and beaten) your storied program". Then, we walk away with a huge smile on our face as the same smack-talking KU trolls on this board call for Self's head on their own board...even though they were the defending National Champions.

DjKyRo
03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I think 15% is fair, as 14% of the #14 seeds have beaten #3 seeds. However with the expected strong Bison fan presence coupled with senior leadership, I agree with SD's assessment of 25%.

In terms of chants, a suggestion to stay classy and stick to "Let's Go Bison" since KU is a storied men's basketball program. We should storm the court and buy beers for KU fans in local establishments, after we win and become part of the 14%.

There is nothing more demoralizing for a storied, heavily favored team than when the underdog opponent and their fans are celebrating on the court after a victory. Of course we may have some chants of "Over-rated" (please, I am not suggesting anything like that) from a smattering of Bison fans. That is when we offer to buy KU fans beers after the game and apologize for such behavior and indicate "we are just lucky to have played (and beaten) your storied program". Then, we walk away with a huge smile on our face as the same smack-talking KU trolls on this board call for Self's head on their own board...even though they were the defending National Champions.

'Atta boy. Keeping it classy int he face of "It's so funny you guys think you can win" is going to speak volumes of the level of professionalism we Bison fans try to exhibit, both at the game and on a national scale. Nothing's worse than troll fans who get nasty when they manage to pull a win, and I for one would be disappointed to see our fanbase reduced to that. "Let's Go Bison" not only is a bit more classy....but it apparently works!

onbison09
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Back to chants. DRIVE HOME SAFELY is a good one. And I think whenever this ride ends we need a huge THANK YOU BISON chant. Please don't do any Wizard of Oz stuff though. Try to be original.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
'Atta boy. Keeping it classy int he face of "It's so funny you guys think you can win" is going to speak volumes of the level of professionalism we Bison fans try to exhibit, both at the game and on a national scale. Nothing's worse than troll fans who get nasty when they manage to pull a win, and I for one would be disappointed to see our fanbase reduced to that. "Let's Go Bison" not only is a bit more classy....but it apparently works!

That's not our fanbases attitude toward this game...I gave you the slight edge over what any other 14 seed would get against a 3.

heckler
03-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Don't look now kansas fans but south dakota is talkn smack about you... hardcore. I would go over there and trash them...

http://sdsufans.com/board/index.php

biggest one is that their girl basketball team can beat your boys basketball team any day, any time, and any place. Ouch.

GradBison
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't look now kansas fans but south dakota is talkn smack about you... hardcore. I would go over there and trash them...

http://sdsufans.com/board/index.php

biggest one is that their girl basketball team can beat your boys basketball team any day, any time, and any place. Ouch.

lol! Awesome!

Jdubs21
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Rock chalk bizon S.U!...???

walknroehl
03-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Hail the Bison! :nod:

Heh well they ARE a "University, University you can kiss whats under there."

extremerouge
03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Heh well they ARE a "University, University you can kiss whats under there."
except what do we say instead of the "there's an old abandoned outhouse and they call it UND"?

VanClubPres
03-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Have fun in the CBI next year if you make it????

i am not sure that this is even a question. I think it is a statement. As a blogger, shouldn'y you know some punctuation rules. Disappear Stop Drop Dead Hawk.

Hammerhead
03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
That's the lamest video I've seen in a long time. If the place was really rocking, you wouldn't be able to hear the dude holding the camera over the rest of the crowd.

This might show how long it's been since I've been to the BSA, but do Bison fans still shout "Sit down coach!" when the opponent's coach is being a real d-bag? My favorite was when Pierre DuCharme from Southwest State was hopping mad and everyone chanted "On the chair, Pierre!"

Hammerhead
03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
I suppose suck c#$% Jawhawks is out of the question. :-)

heckler
03-18-2009, 01:06 AM
That's the lamest video I've seen in a long time. If the place was really rocking, you wouldn't be able to hear the dude holding the camera over the rest of the crowd.

This might show how long it's been since I've been to the BSA, but do Bison fans still shout "Sit down coach!" when the opponent's coach is being a real d-bag? My favorite was when Pierre DuCharme from Southwest State was hopping mad and everyone chanted "On the chair, Pierre!"

"Chew them out" was a great chant against Oakland when Oakland's coach was mad.

56BISON73
03-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I suppose suck c#$% Jawhawks is out of the question. :-)

I dont think you want to incourage them.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-18-2009, 01:10 AM

BlueBisonRock
03-18-2009, 01:31 AM
except what do we say instead of the "there's an old abandoned outhouse and they call it UND"?

We sang it 'There's an old abandoned outhouse called the University" That would work for KU. Of course, we can leave most of the string of chants at the end of the tune at home, right? :D

bisonranch
03-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Wildcat Rejects!

I didn't read through to see if that was already posted.

jugular
03-18-2009, 02:54 AM
C'mon guys, lets show some class. Let's not stoop to the level of the dumbass KU posters that have NOTHING better to do than to come over to our board and try to cause problems. Seriously, this happens a lot with all schools...I'm a member of a couple different Nebraska boards and the same thing happens every week during football season. Just ignore it...for the most part, it's just a VERY SMALL minority of people. It does not represent the class level of the fans (except for Missouri and KSU). I've been to many games in Lawrence and their fans are fantastic. I've had numerous beers purchased for me both before and after games--plus, their coeds are the best looking in the Big 12 North. I would guess that the KU fans in Minneapolis will be great as well.

As for the Rock Chalk, don't mock it or try and come up with something catchy to respond to it. It's one of the great TRADITIONS of college sports. By mocking it, we would drop to the level of KSU and Missouri...let's not do that. KU is college basketball from a historical standpoint. They are arguably the greatest program in college basketball history. I look forward to having a few beers before the game with some KU fans and I will thoroughly enjoy buying a few beers for the KU fans after the game--because the WINNERS always buy!!!!! GO BISON!!!!

heckler
03-18-2009, 03:07 AM
C'mon guys, lets show some class. Let's not stoop to the level of the dumbass KU posters that have NOTHING better to do than to come over to our board and try to cause problems. Seriously, this happens a lot with all schools...I'm a member of a couple different Nebraska boards and the same thing happens every week during football season. Just ignore it...for the most part, it's just a VERY SMALL minority of people. It does not represent the class level of the fans (except for Missouri and KSU). I've been to many games in Lawrence and their fans are fantastic. I've had numerous beers purchased for me both before and after games--plus, their coeds are the best looking in the Big 12 North. I would guess that the KU fans in Minneapolis will be great as well.

As for the Rock Chalk, don't mock it or try and come up with something catchy to respond to it. It's one of the great TRADITIONS of college sports. By mocking it, we would drop to the level of KSU and Missouri...let's not do that. KU is college basketball from a historical standpoint. They are arguably the greatest program in college basketball history. I look forward to having a few beers before the game with some KU fans and I will thoroughly enjoy buying a few beers for the KU fans after the game--because the WINNERS always buy!!!!! GO BISON!!!!

Yes, let us bow and pay our respects :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rolleyes:

WYOBISONMAN
03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
WE are the Bison and we have our own traditions let's not forget that.