PDA

View Full Version : Tim Miles Steals Lawrance Ka. Recruit!

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Tim Miles was just on WDAY with Scott Miller.

said "i just left a house in Lawrance Kansas with a commitment from a young man to come to CSU. GO BISON!!"

ha ha.

I loved it, our former coach going into K . U and taking a recruit in their neighborhood then FLYING to Minneapolis Thursday!!

Cant wait to see Timmy Miles on the courtside!!!

once a bison, always a bison!!

HaloHawk
03-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Tim Miles was just on WDAY with Scott Miller.

said "i just left a house in Lawrance Kansas with a commitment from a young man to come to CSU. GO BISON!!"

ha ha.

I loved it, our former coach going into K . U and taking a recruit in their neighborhood then FLYING to Minneapolis Thursday!!

Cant wait to see Timmy Miles on the courtside!!!

once a bison, always a bison!!

Who is Timmy Miles?

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Colorado State Coach who took a recruit outta your backyard tonight! in honor of NDSU-KANSAS WEEK!!

HaloHawk
03-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Colorado State Coach who took a recruit outta your backyard tonight! in honor of NDSU-KANSAS WEEK!!

Oh. Never heard of him.:confused:

Gully
03-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Lakes, do you even no if KU was recruiting him? I'd say doubtful on that one.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't see any Lawrence, Kansas prospects in the top 150. You won't see us offering too many prospects outside of that a scholly. We are still waiting on Lance Stephenson or John Wall.

MontBison
03-17-2009, 01:26 AM

Just let lakes be proud ok.

HaloHawk
03-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Is the recruit Dorian Green?

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 01:28 AM

What he said. You stole nothing...I have never heard a peep about a product from Lawrence..not since Morningstar.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-17-2009, 01:29 AM
fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajs dkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdk fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdk

HerdBot
03-17-2009, 01:29 AM

He used to be the NDSU coach before Saul Phillips and he recruited our Sr Class. He is now the head coach at Co State.

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 01:31 AM
DONT SHOOT THE MESSANGER!!! (can he even mention the kids name? doubt it per NCAA rules)

DAMMIT... HE SAID IT ON LIVE RADIO 15 MINUTES AGO!!!

YOU GUYS ARE MORE ANNOYING THEN ME!!!! (post of the year??)

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 01:33 AM
DONT SHOOT THE MESSANGER!!!

DAMMIT... HE SAID IT ON LIVE RADIO 15 MINUTES AGO!!!

YOU GUYS ARE MORE ANNOYING THEN ME!!!! (post of the year??)

He said he stole a recruit from Lawrence, Kansas? Doubtful...everyone who hears about it will be laughing at him if that is true.

Bison bison
03-17-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't see any Lawrence, Kansas prospects in the top 150. You won't see us offering too many prospects outside of that a scholly. We are still waiting on Lance Stephenson or John Wall.

Good for you!

What do you think KU basketball is the best ever?

(oh, wait... :))

HaloHawk
03-17-2009, 01:34 AM
The only recruit in Lawrence right now is Dorian Green from Lawrence High School. 6-2, 170 lbs. According to scout.com, he's a 2 star recruit. Other schools interested were/are Western Kentucky, UMKC, and Mizery State.

Link:

http://coloradostate.scout.com/a.z?s=132&p=8&c=1&nid=3892444

SamsRams
03-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Lakes, don't be silly. I think we all know if a Lawrence kid was offered a full ride to KU and CSU, he would pick KU hands down.

Speakin of KU recruits, I am excited to see Elijah Johnson play for the Hawks next year. Kid is a raw stud here in Vegas.

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 01:40 AM
he said it on WDAY radio.....dont hate on me.....

jensen
03-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Congrats on the commitment. Should probably tell that coach to refrain from talking about it.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Lakes, don't be silly. I think we all know if a Lawrence kid was offered a full ride to KU and CSU, he would pick KU hands down.

Speakin of KU recruits, I am excited to see Elijah Johnson play for the Hawks next year. Kid is a raw stud here in Vegas.

How raw do you expect him to be? From what I hear he is a freak athlete, but probably won't contribute significantly right away.

Golden Eagle
03-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Congrats on the commitment. Should probably tell that coach to refrain from talking about it.

Can coaches even comment about players before they've signed?

Mr. Burgundy
03-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Rule #1: If you are from another school, ignore Lakes. He is a pain in the ass and thinks that NDSU is better than USC football, Kansas basketball, etc.

Rule #2: Lakes. Shut up. Try to listen to the radio for once and not bring it straight to a message board. I dare you.

It gets old. You just get your mouth in trouble. I get that you are a diehard fan, but we are a 14 seed against one of the greatest traditions in hoops history. Most of us love or at least like Kansas. Midwest team who had Boschee as their starting point guard for 13 years.

Sorry for the rant.

unbison
03-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Burgandy it was on the radio!
That makes public information!
Have fun in Vegas!

Mr. Burgundy
03-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Yep, I was listening, and I will. Private BISON room in the Palms for Thursday and Friday. Still wish we were a 16 point dog....10 is not enough.

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 02:01 AM
burgandy why are you busting my balls?? i thought this BS was all done after our weekend in Sioux Falls??

why you HATING on me for sayin EXACTLY WHAT TIM MILES said on the radio???

thanks.... !!

p.s- hit bellagio!

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 02:24 AM
burgandy why are you busting my balls?? i thought this BS was all done after our weekend in Sioux Falls??

why you HATING on me for sayin EXACTLY WHAT TIM MILES said on the radio???

I heard he said something like that on the radio too, however, he didn't say anything about "stealing" him from anybody.

Who did he "steal" him from Lakes?

And Dorian Green is the player they are talking about.

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 02:29 AM
said "got a guy right outta the backyard of K U, in lawrance"

my god, I said STEAL, just to rile up these K U fans.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 02:33 AM
said "got a guy right outta the backyard of K U, in lawrance"

my god, I said STEAL, just to rile up these K U fans.

I thought surely an intelligent college bball fan like you knew the difference between the 5 star players KU is waiting on and the 2 star player Green is.

With all due respect to Green, and he could be an excellent player for CSU, KU fans aren't going to get riled up for a 2 star player.

jensen
03-17-2009, 02:34 AM
If you want to rile us up, then talk about how you're going to Bucknell or Bradley our ass.

Good for the Lawrence kid......free education.

bisonpride
03-17-2009, 02:34 AM
What he said. You stole nothing...I have never heard a peep about a product from Lawrence..not since Morningstar.

Stole or not, Miles has a knack for finding lesser publicized recruits to turn programs around. He has done it at every program he has been at. Ben Woodside was offered 2 D1 scholarships (NDSU and South Dakota State). I am pretty sure Tubby wishes Dan Monson had not passed on him at this point. He took Mike Nelson right out of Madison, WI getting him to commit early before he became Wisconsin's Mr Basketball. He has a pretty good track record going at 3 different schools. All of which made it to the national tournament for the first time ever in their divisions.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Stole or not, Miles has a knack for finding lesser publicized recruits to turn programs around. He has done it at every program he has been at. Ben Woodside was offered 2 D1 scholarships (NDSU and South Dakota State). I am pretty sure Tubby wishes Dan Monson had not passed on him at this point. He took Mike Nelson right out of Madison, WI getting him to commit early before he became Wisconsin's Mr Basketball. He has a pretty good track record going at 3 different schools.

Agreed. Jesse Carr turned out to be a fine young player in the MWC this year as a freshmen.

heckler
03-17-2009, 02:57 AM
If you want to rile us up, then talk about how you're going to Bucknell or Bradley our ass.

Good for the Lawrence kid......free education.

This one??

http://cjonline.com/images/031506/36416_270.jpg

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Ohhhh Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 03:05 AM
This one??

http://cjonline.com/images/031506/36416_270.jpg

Ouch. That one was a heartbreaker. And you had to show a pic of Simien nonetheless.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Ughhhhhhh...a-holes.

WYOBISONMAN
03-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Ughhhhhhh...a-holes.

Hmmmm.......that was like showing a vampire a cross........

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Hmmmm.......that was like showing a vampire a cross........

It burnnnnnssssss

More like getting water on the wicked witch...reference that is more relevant ;)

Skip Towne
03-17-2009, 03:21 AM
You Bison fans are amazing. Thnking you can come out of Div. 2 and immediatey dominate. We'll see what you're saying after you get your butt kicked several times. We're used to ignorant arrogance though, Missouri fans still think they won the Big XII.

heckler
03-17-2009, 03:23 AM
You Bison fans are amazing. Thnking you can come out of Div. 2 and immediatey dominate. We'll see what you're saying after you get your butt kicked several times. We're used to ignorant arrogance though, Missouri fans still think they won the Big XII.

NCAA KNOCKOUTS SINCE 1988

2007 Regional Finals - UCLA 68 Kansas 55 - Thank you UCLA.
2006 First Round - Bradley 77 Kansas 73 - Thank you Bradley.
2005 First Round - Bucknell 64 Kansas 63 - Thank you Bucknell.
2004 Regional Finals - Georgia Tech 79 Kansas 71 - Thank you Georgia Tech.
2003 Finals - Syracuse 81 Kansas 78 - Thank you Syracuse.
2002 Semifinals - Maryland 97 Kansas 88 - Thank you Maryland.
2001 Regional Semifinals - Illinois 80 Kansas 64 - Thank you Illinois.
2000 Second Round - Duke 69 Kansas 64 - Thank you Duke.
1999 Second Round - Kentucky 92 Kansas 88 - Thank you Kentucky.
1998 Second Round - Rhode Island 80 Kansas 75 - Thank you Rhode Island.
1997 Regional Semifinals - Arizona 85 Kansas 82 - Thank you Arizona.
1996 Regional Finals - Syracuse 60 Kansas 57 - Thank you Syracuse.
1995 Regional Semifinals - Virginia 67 Kansas 58 - Thank you Virginia.
1994 Regional Semifinals - Purdue 83 Kansas 78 - Thank you Purdue.
1993 Semifinals - North Carolina 78 Kansas 68 - Thank you North Carolina.
1992 Second Round - UTEP 66 Kansas 60 - Thank you UTEP.
1991 Finals - Duke 72 Kansas 65 - Thank you Duke.
1990 Second Round - UCLA 71 Kansas 70 - Thank you UCLA.
1989 Not Eligible - Not Applicable - Thank you NCAA.

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Oh Skip Town.... You Keep Your Lips Moving>.. But All I Hear Is Woof Woof Woof

unbison
03-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I think that Mizzou won that tournament!

Does that not make them conference champs

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I think that Mizzou won that tournament!

Does that not make them conference champs

Conference tournament champs...

CaBisonFan
03-17-2009, 03:27 AM

Oh....you willllllll. He's a master recruiter & has the Midas touch.

He put this NDSU team together along with his assistant Craig Smith. CSU offered him half a million to come there two years ago, so he went. Saul took over here.

He's an icon in the Bison community. If he can get some players...he'll be one in Fort Collins. I have a hunch that he'll end up in one of the really big programs within 3-5 years.

TAILG8R
03-17-2009, 03:30 AM

I don't remember anybody saying anything about dominating.

unbison
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
will whoever wins the tournament is the real champ chump

KC Bison
03-17-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't think we would have considered Oakland the true champs of the Summit League if they had won the tournament. I think our 16-2 record deserves a lot more respect than the winner of a tournament. That why KU is the Big 12 Champs. Course, the real conference winners are the ones that win both.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't think we would have considered Oakland the true champs of the Summit League if they had won the tournament. I think our 16-2 record deserves a lot more respect than the winner of a tournament. That why KU is the Big 12 Champs. Course, the real conference winners are the ones that win both.

It makes you second guess the conference tourney importance.

There are a lot of discussions going around about how the conference tourney can wipe away in 3 days what a team works so hard for all year throughout conference play.

I love the fact that a team can get hot, or still have a chance via the conference tourney, but at the same time, a dominating team throughout conference play much like NDSu in terms of record could all be wiped away with a case of food poisoning or one freak injury.

Nobody cares about the Not Invited Tournament when you've earned you're place over a course of 3 months.

Moosehawk
03-17-2009, 07:41 PM
The conference tournaments are held for automatic qualifying purposes. Not to determine who the best team in the conference is.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2009, 07:47 PM
The conference tournaments are held for automatic qualifying purposes. Not to determine who the best team in the conference is.

That makes the NCAA tournament lose credibility for me.

"Who cares about getting the best teams in the biggest tournament in sports, when you can get the hot teams that are healthy and play solid basketball over a course of 3 days."

In that case maybe they should expand the field to 128. Cue Bobby Knights lame argument.

onbison09
03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Can coaches even comment about players before they've signed?
I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Hammersmith
03-18-2009, 12:55 AM

The conference tournaments are held to make money for the conferences, nothing more. The NCAA allows each conference to decide how they give out the autobid. If the autobid goes to the regular season champ, then who cares about the conference tournament? ESPN won't, that's for sure. Without the autobid on the line, most conference tournaments would be lucky to break even. And since most conferences lose money on every conference tournament except men's basketball, don't expect to see conferences change their policies anytime soon.

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Tim and Craig have really been hitting the road. I went to their game at San Diego State. They desperately need ballplayers to compete in their conference.

CaBisonFan
03-18-2009, 03:05 PM
It's great to hear that they're making inroads into some of their neighboring states. :nod: