PDA

View Full Version : SDSU got screwed

90 BISON
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM
A 7 seed :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Are you kidding me! They were ranked 14th in a recent poll and they only get a 7 seed? What is wrong with this picture?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

tony
03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Are you kidding me! They were ranked 14th in a recent poll and they only get a 7 seed? What is wrong with this picture?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That is an epic screw job!

lakesbison
03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
they aint that good.. overrated. I mean. #7 in tourney= #25 in nation.

whats wrong with that??/

JacksFan06
03-17-2009, 12:11 AM
The worst is that the other 3 teams we play are all tx schools and we play in lubbock, tx.

Since when does a 7 seed have to go and play on a 10 seeds home state.

zooropa
03-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Recipe to avoid this mess in the future:

1) Build a new arena in Sioux Falls

2) Get an NCAA regional

3) Laugh all the way to the bank

-------------------------------

BTW: it's ironic that the Bison, who are certainly not favorites to beat Kansas, are in a fan friendly location while the favored Jacks are being shipped all the way (albeit at NCAA expense) to Lubbock, Texas, home to nobody in particular (TCU's in Fort Worth--about 300 miles away--and Baylor's in Waco, another 50 or so miles away).

unbison
03-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Zoopoopa....... are you going to the womens tourney

mebisonII
03-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Recipe to avoid this mess in the future:

1) Build a new arena in Sioux Falls

2) Get an NCAA regional

3) Laugh all the way to the bank

-------------------------------

BTW: it's ironic that the Bison, who are certainly not favorites to beat Kansas, are in a fan friendly location while the favored Jacks are being shipped all the way (albeit at NCAA expense) to Lubbock, Texas, home to nobody in particular (TCU's in Fort Worth--about 300 miles away--and Baylor's in Waco, another 50 or so miles away).

$
$
$

zooropa
03-17-2009, 01:19 AM
$
$
$

With a new facility, no doubt in my mind Sioux Falls could get an NCAA regional. Heck, SDSU's being shipped to LUBBOCK.

I mean, shoot, Lubbock is like the Williston of Texas (I kid, I kid).

unbison
03-17-2009, 01:23 AM
If suck falls could hold a regional.....Fargo is gonna bid for the final four and build a new facility

zooropa
03-17-2009, 01:33 AM
If suck falls could hold a regional.....Fargo is gonna bid for the final four and build a new facility

In terms of facilities, Fargo could host an NCAA women's basketball regional right now.

Attendance at these things is atrociously bad (sellouts? only in a few select venues). The NCAA has basically started giving schools home court advantage in order to get decent crowd support.

The NCAA has played all kinds of games with WBB game siting to boost attendance.

Any facility that can draw 6k+ for 2/3rds of the scheduled games would be practically a lock.

heckler
03-17-2009, 02:13 AM

awww too bad ;)

unbison
03-17-2009, 02:47 AM
they are a first trip team... if they win some games they will garner some respect

mango
03-17-2009, 04:29 AM

whats wrong with that??/

How are they overrated?

lakesbison
03-17-2009, 04:39 AM
cuz they are in south dakota.

in the EYES of the COMMITTEE they obviously musta been overrated, thus the #7 pick.

dont hate on me, Im not on the committee...

gotts
03-17-2009, 05:37 AM
cuz they are in south dakota.

in the EYES of the COMMITTEE they obviously musta been overrated, thus the #7 pick.

dont hate on me, Im not on the committee...

solid logic yet again from the mind they call lakes...

I thought the OOC schedule would have helped them, but when you take a closer look...

Maryland - 1 seed (lost by 12)

Utah - 9 seed (won by 12)
Minnesota - 10 seed (won by 10)
Gonzaga - 12 seed (won by 14)
Montana - 13 seed (won by 5)

Relative to the teams they beat, I guess a #7 could make sense... but when you're ranked as high as you are in the nation, you'd figure to get a little more respect than a #7 seed. At least don't get put in a pod with 3 teams that can claim a home game, including your first round opponent... I know, this is the way the Women's tourney runs, but still...

I know the Oakland loss hurt, but it shouldn't have hurt that much!

zooropa
03-17-2009, 06:20 AM
I know the Oakland loss hurt, but it shouldn't have hurt that much!
AJ said that he doubted whether, when push came to shove, the committee could convince itself to vote SDSU higher than Tennessee, LSU, and Rutgers.

The Baylor match looks interesting indeed. Baylor plays a very short rotation (most of their players see 35+ minutes) and they've been running on fumes since they lost Danielle Wilson. SDSU -might- knock them off by running the legs out from under them. But, on the flip side, Baylor's starting 5 are definitely better than SDSU's.

unbison
03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
cant decide who is more annoying sdsu womens basketball fans or KU fans
had a revelation while typing

SDSU WINS HANDS DOWN

talking about womens basketball

Bisonguy
03-17-2009, 01:12 PM

whats wrong with that??/

That's nearly exactly where their RPI (26) shows they should be. Lots of folks are always stressing how important RPI is, guess we now know why. :nod:

Bryan
03-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I know this may be new to SDSU fans but this is the way the womens tournament has been run for the past 25 years and it ain't gonna change. Most other fans have just learned to accept it. There are 6-8 teams at the top who have been there forever and they get all the breaks. Unlike the men, the womens first and second rounds are always on home courts and alot of times teams with better records and seeds end up playing on the road against lower seeds because they are hosting. Tennessee has never lost a first or second round game but they are usually at home so that makes an upset all the more unlikely. The womens tournament also depends on the marquee teams to make it to the regionals and FF since ticket sales are not guaranteed like the mens tourny usually is. This is Tennessee and UConn's tourny, everyone else is just a guest. The best you can do is just go out win under difficult circumstances and hope one day to reach the elite club.

zooropa
03-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I know this may be new to SDSU fans but this is the way the womens tournament has been run for the past 25 years and it ain't gonna change. Most other fans have just learned to accept it. There are 6-8 teams at the top who have been there forever and they get all the breaks. Unlike the men, the womens first and second rounds are always on home courts and alot of times teams with better records and seeds end up playing on the road against lower seeds because they are hosting. Tennessee has never lost a first or second round game but they are usually at home so that makes an upset all the more unlikely. The womens tournament also depends on the marquee teams to make it to the regionals and FF since ticket sales are not guaranteed like the mens tourny usually is. This is Tennessee and UConn's tourny, everyone else is just a guest. The best you can do is just go out win under difficult circumstances and hope one day to reach the elite club.
Actually, the NCAA has experimented with all sorts of configurations. An 8 location format similar to the men's tournament was abandoned last year for the 16 site format that is used in VB and other non-revenue sports. That format did result occasionally in higher seeded teams playing on lower seeded team home courts, but not as often...

The NCAA would dearly love for WBB to be a revenue sport, but outside of a select few programs (SDSU being one of them) it's not.

Blue
03-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Actually, the NCAA has experimented with all sorts of configurations. An 8 location format similar to the men's tournament was abandoned last year for the 16 site format that is used in VB and other non-revenue sports. That format did result occasionally in higher seeded teams playing on lower seeded team home courts, but not as often...

The NCAA would dearly love for WBB to be a revenue sport, but outside of a select few programs (SDSU being one of them) it's not.

HATE how he tries to get the last word in and makes sure everyone knows he is right even if he isn't. Do I think we got snubbed sure. That's my loyalty as a fan to feel so. As a media member, its probably the worst draw in terms of getting there but it could be an easy path to the sweet 16.But that's why we're the newcomers and why Tennessee gets a fifth seed. AJ prepared the girls to not get a "snub" draw coming in from talking with him.If the girls make it a constant where they start making it to the dance yearly and have tough schedules I might see the getting higher seeds despite having mediocre results. Look at the big ten, big 12, sec, and pac 10 for examples of that happening.Now I gotta get some sleep, headed out to Rapid to cover the State A boys basketball tourney tomorrow. Good luck Bison and good luck rabbits!

56BISON73
03-18-2009, 05:39 AM
HATE how he tries to get the last word in and makes sure everyone knows he is right even if he isn't. Do I think we got snubbed sure. That's my loyalty as a fan to feel so. As a media member, its probably the worst draw in terms of getting there but it could be an easy path to the sweet 16.But that's why we're the newcomers and why Tennessee gets a fifth seed. AJ prepared the girls to not get a "snub" draw coming in from talking with him.If the girls make it a constant where they start making it to the dance yearly and have tough schedules I might see the getting higher seeds despite having mediocre results. Look at the big ten, big 12, sec, and pac 10 for examples of that happening.Now I gotta get some sleep, headed out to Rapid to cover the State A boys basketball tourney tomorrow. Good luck Bison and good luck rabbits!

The trademark of Mpls

zooropa
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
HATE how he tries to get the last word in and makes sure everyone knows he is right even if he isn't.
Look, the previous poster made a generalization that was flat out incorrect.

If there has been one consistent thing about how the NCAA has ran the WBB tournament it's been inconsistency. They've tried everything to get people to the games and to get the games on TV, but no soap.

It's flat out incorrect to say that teams playing on the home court of worse seeds is historically 'usual' or common. It's not. There's NOTHING usual about the tournament format, except that the NCAA screws with it every few years.

BTW Blue: Were you the one that trashed Julia Whitted over on the SDSU forum?

Bisonguy
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
The trademark of Mpls

Yes it is.....

56BISON73
03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes it is.....
He goy spanked pretty good over at the other site and this over winded internet gas bag magially appears with the same MO. LOL