PDA

View Full Version : Which KU player will Nellie guard?

CaBisonFan
03-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I wonder which KU player will have to put up with Nellie. I wouldn't wanna have to put up with him.

ndsubison1
03-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Their best player... Sherron Collins or so I'd think

NDSUstudent
03-16-2009, 07:33 PM
He will guard Collins, no doubt about it.

HaloHawk
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
How tall is "nellie"?

ndsubison1
03-16-2009, 07:35 PM
How tall is "nellie"?

6'4 and he never quits on the defensive end... im excited to watch him guard Collins

bison_05
03-16-2009, 07:35 PM
How tall is "nellie"?

He is 6'4.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Nellie will likely guard Collins, and Morningstar will likely guard Woodside.

It's going to be 2 real good matchups.

Mr_Meanor
03-16-2009, 08:00 PM
If they put Collins on Nellie I think they could post him up on the block and exploit the size difference.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
If they put Collins on Nellie I think they could post him up on the block and exploit the size difference.

Collins is a strong strong defender and hard to post up. However I think Nelson can get free through screens and get some open looks with the height advantage. Nelson could have a big day from the 3 point line if he's hitting.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-16-2009, 08:03 PM

Then they'd put Mario Little on him....

heckler
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM

I don't know who is worse: davek, rockchalkjayblog, or mlpsbison

IzzyFlexion
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Quickness vs. intelligence will be the matchup. Collins will come off screens with tremendous quickness. Nelson will be smart about this and adjust so as not to get caught trying to fight over the top causing a sloppy switching scenario. If he does slide behind the screen to recover, the hope will be that Collins doesn't find his jumper.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Where is mplsbison on here anyways? Does he post under another name?

RockChalkJayBlog
03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajs dkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdk fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdk

heckler
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Where is mplsbison on here anyways? Does he post under another name?

I think he got banned from bisonville, I think he only posts on bisonsports.net, and suesports.

Mr_Meanor
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how the Bison will attack KU on the offensive side of the ball. I would take it at Aldrcih early and try to get a few quick fouls on him. He has a tendency to be in foul trouble. I think this game is going to come down to how effective NDSU can play on the inside. We have had trouble against teams with length so having Aldrich on the bench could give the bison a chance.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Reed can play guard too. In a game like this Little can play either Guard or Forward.

Offensively, KU should be happy that NDSU doesn't play much zone, and at the same time defensively, they should hope NDSU isn't hitting from the outside.

Gully
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM

Nelson doesn't have a post game anyway so that won't be necessary.

RockChalkJayBlog
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Reed can play guard too. In a game like this Little can play either Guard or Forward.

Offensively, KU should be happy that NDSU doesn't play much zone, and at the same time defensively, they should hope NDSU isn't hitting from the outside.

Reed is KU's worst defensive guard.

TAILG8R
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Its going to be interesting to see how the Bison will attack KU on the offensive side of the ball. I would take it at Aldrcih early and try to get a few quick fouls on him. He has a tendency to be in foul trouble. I think this game is going to come down to how effective NDSU can play on the inside. We have had trouble against teams with length so having Aldrich on the bench could give the bison a chance.

Will Woody be able to bring it to the hole and get this guy to commit a few fouls?

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Reed is KU's worst defensive guard.

I wouldn't say that means he's "bad" at defense though. KU always has strong on ball defenders. Releford might be the exception to that rule though.

RockChalkJayBlog
Will Woody be able to bring it to the hole and get this guy to commit a few fouls?

If I were you, you need to find a way for Cole to get into foul trouble very early. Morris twins always get in foul trouble, you don't have to worry about them.

RockChalkJayBlog
fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajs dkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdk fdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfd fasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfa sdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasd fajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfajsdkfdfasdfa jsdk

Mr_Meanor
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM

If I am Saul I would let woody take it to the hole hard early and often to see if they can pick up a few quick fouls.

heckler
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
If I am Saul I would let woody take it to the hole hard early and often to see if they can pick up a few quick fouls.

Anyone remember Saul's gameplan for the championship? "

Give Woody the ball and get out of the way."

CaBisonFan
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm just telling you there really is no matchup problems for KU.

KU has five "big men" in Cole Aldrich, Morris twins, Mario Little and Quintrell Thomas.

KU has three guards that can get the job done and have been good defensively all year: Morningstar , Taylor and Collins

And Mario Little has played the three a few times this year and that is Self's ideal position for him.

Wait until you see Nellie & Tveidt. Do you think that we can keep it under 30 rockchalk?

BisonBlogger
03-16-2009, 09:41 PM
This is the Big 12 regular season champions. They will have more athletes than we do. They will try to do to us what Minnesota does. Extend the defense to the half court line and try to force you into tough shots or into their shot blockers in the lane. Any blocked shots, turnovers and missed threes will turn into transition baskets for KU. We need to move the ball with the pass effectively against pressure and be strong with the ball to get into our half court motion. We will score aganist anyone in the half court in our sets.

As with all of our key wins, defense down the stretch will hopefully keep us close enough to pull off the upset. We have to be prepared for LM to get into foul trouble against Aldrich which will place high value on Sam again in this game. Keeping Aldrich off the offensive boards will be huge.

CaBisonFan
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
This is the Big 12 regular season champions. They will have more athletes than we do. They will try to do to us what Minnesota does. Extend the defense to the half court line and try to force you into tough shots or into their shot blockers in the lane. Any blocked shots, turnovers and missed threes will turn into transition baskets for KU. We need to move the ball with the pass effectively against pressure and be strong with the ball to get into our half court motion. We will score aganist anyone in the half court in our sets.

As with all of our key wins, defense down the stretch will hopefully keep us close enough to pull off the upset. We have to be prepared for LM to get into foul trouble against Aldrich which will place high value on Sam again in this game. Keeping Aldrich off the offensive boards will be huge.

Good analysis. :nod:

EarthPigFred
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Does Nellie wear his Err Force Ones?

Herd
03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
IMO, Collins will guard Woody and vice versa, with Taylor on Nelson. Why wouldn't you put your physical guard on Woody to try to keep him out of the paint? Taylor isn't as physical and wouldn't be as effective on Woody.

IzzyFlexion
03-16-2009, 11:44 PM
IMO, Collins will guard Woody and vice versa, with Taylor on Nelson. Why wouldn't you put your physical guard on Woody to try to keep him out of the paint? Taylor isn't as physical and wouldn't be as effective on Woody.

In NDSU's situation against KU, I for one don't like the PG on PG matchup especially if their game plan is full court man pressure.

No_Skill
03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't know who is worse: davek, rockchalkjayblog, or mlpsbison

oh, come on. It's daveK by a mile. You just forgot how much of an ass-hat he is because he hasn't posted here in a while.

seanr9ne
03-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't think Wood and Collins will be guarding each other. Both are the primary scorers for their respective teams, and neither coach is going to want them to waste their energy trying to guard each other. If they do defend each other, I expect both to go off.

IzzyFlexion
03-17-2009, 12:20 AM
I don't think Wood and Collins will be guarding each other. Both are the primary scorers for their respective teams, and neither coach is going to want them to waste their energy trying to guard each other. If they do defend each other, I expect both to go off.

Exac-a-tactly!

unbison
03-17-2009, 12:28 AM
I hope tveidt plays more than the 12 minutes he did in the gophers loss.... watch out for the LORO hammer he is from kansas but he is a state fan!

IzzyFlexion
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I hope tveidt plays more than the 12 minutes he did in the gophers loss.... watch out for the LORO hammer he is from kansas but he is a state fan!

Also, Moormann had only 13 minutes?
And Nelson only 30?
Anyone remember Luke playing THAT poorly against the Gophers? He only had 2 fouls. Granted, no points and no rebounds but still....:hide:

unbison
03-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Not sure no one looked good in that game.... hexed in the barn