PDA

View Full Version : Tickets and seating

Bison55
03-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Where is everybody sitting? Is there a "Bison" section?
I went on line and session tickets are $180- can't you buy individual game tickets?

lakesbison
03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
thursday you can buy session 1 only.

you can go online and find a scalper for session 1 only today.

NO BISON SECTION, BECUZ THE WHOLE PLACE WILL BE THE BISON SECTION!!

EagleBison
03-16-2009, 03:18 PM
NO BISON SECTION, BECUZ THE WHOLE PLACE WILL BE THE BISON SECTION!!

Bison invade the Metrodome III

Bison55
03-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks Lakes! not sure I would trust a scalper on line
I guess I will wait until Thursday then!

EagleBison
03-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Lakes! not sure I would trust a scalper on line
I guess I will wait until Thursday then!

Stubhub, Tickco, Ballpark have single session tickets from $100 on up.
$193 for the NCAA package sounded better and I got 15 rows from the floor in the endzone.

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm awaiting info on if the 1 session tickets will be availible online or at the metrodome box office only. I had previously heard that you can only get single session tickets at the Metrodome box office so I emailed the gopher ticket dept to get clarification. I'll post the info when I find out.

WYOBISONMAN
03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I would bet you could walk up to the Dome and get a ticket on Friday. The bottom line is just come to the game!!!

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I would bet you could walk up to the Dome and get a ticket on Friday. The bottom line is just come to the game!!!

Amen. If you can't make it in come down to be part of the atmosphere. It's going to be amazing.

Bison55
03-16-2009, 03:26 PM
yeah i was thinking that you could walk up on Friday and buya ticket, but I don't want to take the chance of not getting in, so I am coming with ticket in hand!

IndyBison
03-16-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah i was thinking that you could walk up on Friday and buya ticket, but I don't want to take the chance of not getting in, so I am coming with ticket in hand!

There will also be plenty of tickets available on the street. You could buy the full session tickets and then try to sell the evening session tickets to a Michigan State fan or USC fan. If the Bison lose, you could sell your Sunday tickets as well. If you play your cards right, you could make enough to cover the cost of the one session you attended. That's a pretty big risk though becuase I bet tickets will go for face value or less on the street.

Bison55
03-16-2009, 03:47 PM
what to do...what to do....??

what is everyone else doing? waiting or biting the bullet and buying them now?

WYOBISONMAN
03-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Getting help from a relative.......:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bison55
03-16-2009, 03:51 PM
dang! now I wish i hade been nicer to my relatives!:D

Trim
03-16-2009, 03:53 PM

Bought the bullet last night. And feeling darn good about it today.

GradBison
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM

Bought tix early in the AM from stubhub. Didn't want to risk it. I don't want to miss this!

IndyBison
03-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Bought tix early in the AM from stubhub. Didn't want to risk it. I don't want to miss this!

Are people buying tickets from StubHub paying more than $60 (face value per session)?

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Are people buying tickets from StubHub paying more than $60 (face value per session)?

I sure hope not. I just checked stubhub and single session tickets are going for $211 (1 Session!!!). There are still all session passes available at $193.

Bison55
03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Where did you find decent session passes for $193? all i could find that was close to that price was Session passes on the goofers site for $180 and they are terrible seats

EagleBison
03-16-2009, 04:17 PM
On another site they mentioned contacting the ticket office of schools that don't travel very well. He mentioned Boston College in his post.

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Where did you find decent session passes for $193? all i could find that was close to that price was Session passes on the goofers site for $180 and they are terrible seats

I never said they were decent:) . For me, terrible seats and the ability to possibly make my money back by dumping the extra sessions is > paying over $20 more for just one ticket that may be on the lower deck. F.Y.I the metrodome is about 10 times worse to watch b-ball in then the Fargodome. Every seat is a shiatty seat and the configuration is way more goofey. I'm going to support NDSU and I don't care where i get to sit.

Bison55
03-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info. i just assumed they were decent since they were 15 rows from the floor. i have never been to a basketball game at the metrodome so it's good to know that most seats are crappy.

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info. i just assumed they were decent since they were 15 rows from the floor. i have never been to a basketball game at the metrodome so it's good to know that most seats are crappy.

I may have overstated the all seats are crappy seats part. 15 rows up are pretty good. But I stand by a majority of the seats in the dome are crappy.

Bison55
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
oh yeah, another question. is selling tickets on the street to the other games that you don't attend legal? :D

lcbison
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
oh yeah, another question. is selling tickets on the street to the other games that you don't attend legal? :D

Yes, in Minnesota this is legal

EagleBison
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I may have overstated the all seats are crappy seats part. 15 rows up are pretty good. But I stand by a majority of the seats in the dome are crappy.

Sat in the right field upper deck for one of the final fours, and that was a scalped ticket. Most seats are crappy, but there are some good ones.

TAILG8R
03-16-2009, 04:29 PM
scalping linky (http://www.ticketnews.com/Minnesota-Repeals-Scalping-Law9375)

Bison55
03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
well I guess i will just have to pony up and buy whatever i can get. i will justify it by saying, if we played in Portland, tickets might have been cheaper but i would have had to buy an airline ticket too! :nod:

WYOBISONMAN
03-16-2009, 04:32 PM
well I guess i will just have to pony up and buy whatever i can get. i will justify it by saying, if we played in Portland, tickets might have been cheaper but i would have had to buy an airline ticket too! :nod:

And I have to buy an airplane ticket no matter what!:smh:

Bison55
03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
yeah that stinks. if you were going to fly anywhere too bad it wasn't to Miami or something!:)

Bison55
03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey Bisonmike, can you tell me again where you got your tickets? i may have missed it?

GradBison
03-16-2009, 04:41 PM

Yes, I paid more than face value for lower section seats with decent view of the court.

TAILG8R
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I have been watching stubhub this morning and I can not believe how fast the ticekts are going for the first session.

Green-N-Gold
03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Economic recession? What economic recession?!

IzzyFlexion
03-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Economic recession? What economic recession?!

I fully intend to represent the fiscally responsible Bison fan base. I'll be prudently planted in front of my DLP TV watching CBS in beautiful HD and spending $0.00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBFvFe5Db4

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
The single session tickets will likely be nose bleeds.

Im just buyin NDSU sessions the day of from the corner. Might pay a lil more but itll be decent seats. Also dont forget that fans from session 2 will be selling their seats just cause they dont want to goto the game, and make some money back from buyin the 180 dollar bundle.

Thats what I'll be doing. Then going to get drunk

IndyBison
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I believe the NCAA may have some slightly more restrictive rules on scalping at the game sites but I'm not sure exactly what it is. There was an issue a couple years ago when Indy was bidding on future tournaments because the NCAA didn't like our liberal scalping laws. There may have been some kind of an agreement than you can resell your tickets but at no more than face value. Or you couldn't be within a block or two of the venue. I don't remember exactly. I doubt anyone is going to be able to enforce this too heavily so you are probably safe either way. Depending on the market I would think the chance of getting a ticket for face value or less would be pretty good.

If you have never done it before, here are some tips. Always start well below the price you are willing to pay. The scalper will go way high just to see if they found a sucker. You could eventually meet in the middle. Start early but realize the longer you wait the better your chances of getting a lower price. Finding tickets in groups of 2 or 4 will be better. Groups of 3 will be hard because that will leave the seller with a single ticket. He will be much less likely to give you a break on the price. At the same time, if you are a single, you may have luck because singles are hard to get rid of.

I usually take the attitude of someone who is only mildly interested in attending the game and will tell the seller I'm just going to watch the game in a bar/at home if I can't get a good ticket. If you are all decked out in Bison green and gold with a grin a mile wide, they will see that you desperately want to get into the game.

Good luck and I hope you all enjoy!! I'll be watching from the comforts of a TV somewhere.

EagleBison
03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
FYI, "Will Call" tickets can be picked up at Mariucci Arena until Thursday, at the Twins Will Call office after that.

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Just got confirmation from the gopher ticket office that you can buy single sessions online starting at 9 am.

"Mike,

Starting Thursday, March 19th at 9 AM you can buy single session tickets at the Metrodome, on line at www.gophersports.com, or through the Gopher Ticket Office by calling (800) U-GOPHER or (612) 624-8080 in the Twin Cities metro area. Tickets are $71 per session.

Thanks for supporting Golden Gopher Athletics,

Dan"

Thunder_Struck
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Does anyone have a link to the seating chart?

SlickVic
03-16-2009, 05:40 PM
had my eye on some courtside seats on ticket city section 2 row 1 for $212 and 131 row 1 for $530 each there all gone now couldn't find anybody to take the 2nd one and it wouldnt let me grab a single...shoulda posted something on here but wow can't believe it stub hubs only got 2 listings right now same with ticket city and neither are under 200 and there shitty seats for a single session...cant believe this...snoose you loose i guess but wow guess i shoulda grabbed 2 and hoped for the best coulda shoulda woulda i guess...wow

SlickVic
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
ticket citys got a listing now for section 131 row 2 thats courtside $587...anybody out there who would want to grab these with me? PM me im not playing games

WYOBISONMAN
03-16-2009, 05:45 PM
ticket citys got a listing now for section 131 row 2 thats courtside $587...anybody out there who would want to grab these with me? PM me im not playing games

Jesus Slick........can I get a loan??!?!??!

tjbison
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Does anyone have a link to the seating chart?

http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!BOZ1dGwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DMEjlLltmFiBJueBBOml!~~_1.JPG

bisongirl
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Jesus Slick........can I get a loan??!?!??!

This coming from the guy who dropped how much on a short notice plane ticket to attend a football game? :hide: :)

tjbison
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
This coming from the guy who dropped how much on a short notice plane ticket to attend a football game? :hide: :)

and a BBALL game now!

A1pigskin
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I am going to wait till Thursday. I just want to be part of the action when we beat Kansas. Let's Go Bison! Let's Go Bison!

SlickVic
03-16-2009, 05:53 PM

scratch that...section 131 row 1 for $475 thats as good as its going to get...like i said i am not playing games...if anybodys interested PM me

Hansel
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
And I have to buy an airplane ticket no matter what!:smh:

you could have drove to Boise... for selfish reasons I was hoping NDSU would play there, now I am hopping on Northwest

WYOBISONMAN
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM

That's why I need it....LOL!

EagleBison
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Southwest has a $50 ticket from Minneapolis to Chicago if anyone is traveling via Chicago by air.

bisonmike2
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Southwest has a $50 ticket from Minneapolis to Chicago if anyone is traveling via Chicago by air.

I checked last for a friend in Chicago. The fare doesn't work both ways. From MSP the fare is $50 but from Chicago is $167.:banghead:

Bison55
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I found a little way to get some decent tickets on gopher sports.
instead of choosing 2 tickets in section 134, i chose the quantity of 1 ticket. then i got a pretty good seat (i hope) in section 1
then i opened a new window and chose to buy another 1 ticket. it didn't work ar first but i kept trying and it eventually gave me my second seat next to the first seat on my list.:D

EagleBison
03-17-2009, 01:36 AM
I've seen a few tickets sold at face value on CraigsList. Those that need tickets might find a single session available. I'm not endorsing CraigsList, just pointing out a possibility.

Jdubs21
03-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Section 121 for 4 of us