PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Moormann

MontBison
03-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Ok so I have been pretty tough on this guy the past few weeks, but how important is he to us right now? I know you guys won't agree with me on this but if he doesn't have the best game of his life we will get totaly kicked. Our season is basically on his shoulders right now and I don't like that feeling at all.

NDSUstudent
03-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Luke and Nelly will need to have huge defensive games.

But one thing about Luke is that he has been through the battles and has taken on some pretty great big men. I believe he held Taj Gibson from USC under his season average.

Mr_Meanor
03-16-2009, 04:34 AM
He will play a huge role in the outcome of this game. He's going to have to force Aldrich into tough shots and keep him off the boards. I don't expect him to do anything on offense but he is going to have to do the dirty work down low for the bison to have a shot.

mdk23
03-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Yes, Lucas will have a big task, but I don't think it's fair to say our season rests on his shoulders. Defensively, we aren't just going to expect Lucas to guard Cole all by himself. We will have to sink into the post. And to be fair, we probably wouldn't be here right now without him. I think with some help from his teammates, he will do well enough in the post defensively to keep things interesting.

ndsubison1
03-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Luke and Nelly will need to have huge defensive games.

But one thing about Luke is that he has been through the battles and has taken on some pretty great big men. I believe he held Taj Gibson from USC under his season average.

also held Taj to 18 rebounds... dont know if that is a good or bad thing...

defense will def. be the x-factor in this game, more specifically the interior defese...

unbison
03-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I heard Lo Riley is gonna come in and choke slam aldrich..... we have been saving this move all season

JackJD
03-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Ok so I have been pretty tough on this guy the past few weeks, but how important is he to us right now? I know you guys won't agree with me on this but if he doesn't have the best game of his life we will get totaly kicked. Our season is basically on his shoulders right now and I don't like that feeling at all.

I've watched the Bison play five times this year and I don't agree. Moorman's role will be huge but you have seniors who know how to find ways to win. I know a lot of Jackrabbit fans are pretty pumped up for the Bison to match up with KU.

NDSUstudent
03-16-2009, 04:55 AM
also held Taj to 18 rebounds... dont know if that is a good or bad thing...

I don't know, but if Luke can hold him to just 10 points like he did Taj, I'll be estatic.

NDSUstudent
03-16-2009, 04:56 AM
I've watched the Bison play five times this year and I don't agree. Moorman's role will be huge but you have seniors who know how to find ways to win. I know a lot of Jackrabbit fans are pretty pumped up for the Bison to match up with KU.

Thanks JD, I'll pulling for the Jackrabbits to make a run in the women's bracket. Hopefully both Dakota schools can make their presence felt.

WYOBISONMAN
03-16-2009, 04:58 AM
We will need LM to play the game of his life.....no doubt about it.

90 BISON
03-16-2009, 04:58 AM

Thanks for your support JackJD! We need all the support we can get! Good Luck to your ladies tomorrow night in the selection show. Moorman's defense has been good all year, against KU it is going to need to be superb. Let's go Luke, we need you to lead a great Defensive attack!

DjKyRo
03-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Moorms is a good guy, I think he's going to come to play on Friday. He needs to be on Aldrich's ass like none other, but I think that the rest of the team will help hold the Hawks down.

Herd
03-16-2009, 06:00 AM
I disagree, Aldrich isn't going to carry Kansas offensively. Their game plan will not be to pound it to Aldrich every time down. Luc needs to keep him off the offensive glass and limit opportunities, but I am more concerned about Collins, Taylor and Morningstar than Aldrich having a big night.

When I look at the stat sheet, I like our chances 5 on 5, but Kansas has better scoring depth off the bench than we have. They average 20 points from their bench compared to our 10.

Here's the 10 deep:
Woody 5'11 Collins 5'11
Nelson 6'4 Taylor 6'3
Tveidt 6'7 Morningstar 6'3
Winks 6'6 Ms Morris 6'8
Moormann 6'10 Aldrich 6'11

Bench
Flowers 6'7 Mf Morris 6'9
Coleman 6'3 Reed 6'3
Vaughan 6'4 Little 6'5
Carlson 6'6 Releford 6'5
Goose 6'8 Thomas 6'7

Kansas defensively will be very protective of the perimenter (if they are studied up), and its the kind of game that Woody needs to take it to the hole and generate some fouls. If woody is having a good offensive night, and Collins is using significant energy on defense, thats a plus for us.

Games like this where the opposition have a 7 footer are also the kind of games where Winks has tended to struggle. He can't if we want to win. He needs to create offense (both inside and out) and be agressive to the hole, and get to the line.

The bison will stay in the game if they can use shotclock and control tempo, limiting Kansas breaks, and NDSU selectively breaking for some easy hoops. The wildcard is TO's. If NDSU is hurt significantly by the Kansas press, that would be the easiest ticket to a 20 point loss. But our seniors need to break the press and use it to our advantage. I expect a close game.

The Plus: Our Green unis look an awful lot like Baylor!!!

unbison
03-16-2009, 06:13 AM
who is Ms morris ..... is she tough?
Guessing MF morris is a little tougher

ndsubison1
03-16-2009, 06:19 AM
I disagree, Aldrich isn't going to carry Kansas offensively. Their game plan will not be to pound it to Aldrich every time down. Luc needs to keep him off the offensive glass and limit opportunities, but I am more concerned about Collins, Taylor and Morningstar than Aldrich having a big night.

When I look at the stat sheet, I like our chances 5 on 5, but Kansas has better scoring depth off the bench than we have. They average 20 points from their bench compared to our 10.

Here's the 10 deep:
Woody 5'11 Collins 5'11
Nelson 6'4 Taylor 6'3
Tveidt 6'7 Morningstar 6'3
Winks 6'6 Ms Morris 6'8
Moormann 6'10 Aldrich 6'11

Bench
Flowers 6'7 Mf Morris 6'9
Coleman 6'3 Reed 6'3
Vaughan 6'4 Little 6'5
Carlson 6'6 Releford 6'5
Goose 6'8 Thomas 6'7

Kansas defensively will be very protective of the perimenter (if they are studied up), and its the kind of game that Woody needs to take it to the hole and generate some fouls. If woody is having a good offensive night, and Collins is using significant energy on defense, thats a plus for us.

Games like this where the opposition have a 7 footer are also the kind of games where Winks has tended to struggle. He can't if we want to win. He needs to create offense (both inside and out) and be agressive to the hole, and get to the line.

The bison will stay in the game if they can use shotclock and control tempo, limiting Kansas breaks, and NDSU selectively breaking for some easy hoops. The wildcard is TO's. If NDSU is hurt significantly by the Kansas press, that would be the easiest ticket to a 20 point loss. But our seniors need to break the press and use it to our advantage. I expect a close game.

The Plus: Our Green unis look an awful lot like Baylor!!!

i would not be surprised to see nelson on Collins and Woodside on Taylor... got to have our best defender on their best player. Also I think Tveidt would guard Morris twins just because of the size difference...

Herd
03-16-2009, 06:24 AM
i would not be surprised to see nelson on Collins and Woodside on Taylor... got to have our best defender on their best player. Also I think Tveidt would guard Morris twins just because of the size difference...

Collins and Taylor serve similar roles to Jones and Kangas, although Taylor is more capable than Kangas at driving to the hole and not as dealy as a shooter. I don't think you'll see Neson on Collins, but I could be wrong.