PDA

View Full Version : Will there be any tickets available on Monday?

Hammerhead
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
There's a chance the Bison could play the opening round(s) in Portland where I live. The Rose Garden says that tickets are sold out and I'm wondering if each school gets a set number of tickets once the seedings are finalized or if I'll have to search for tickets on the InterWebs.

Bison bison
03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm going to be out in Portland next week. If the Bison make it, I'm cashing in my chips with Pat and Gene which should be good enough for a couple of tickets.

I'm definitely not high enough up the totem pole to get any for Minneapolis or KC if we end up there.

Shawn-O
03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
The stands typically look half-empty for the first weekend regardless of venue, so I think you're in good shape.

Bison bison
03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
I know that Sprint (KC) is also sold out. Minneapolis had over 10,000 left.

I've told my wife to be online when the selection show is announced with 40 tickets in her cart. If we be heading to Minny - buy! buy! buy!

roadwarrior
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
NDSU does not even know at this point how many tickets they will get to distribute. But it doesn't sound likely that very many will be available to the public. Scalpers paradise!

IndyBison
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
The school will get an allotment that they can dole out any way they wish. If they end up in a place like Portland I bet you may have a good chance at buying some. The further they are from Fargo, the less likely some alumni will travel to see the game. Watch the NDSU athletics web site (www.gobison.com) Sunday night or Monday morning for ticket information.

56BISON73
03-15-2009, 01:34 AM
NDSU does not even know at this point how many tickets they will get to distribute. But it doesn't sound likely that very many will be available to the public. Scalpers paradise!

Josh said around 300-350.

IndyBison
03-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Josh said around 300-350.

I believe the school gets a lot more than that. The number they make available for general purpose (after administrators, staff, family, key donors, etc.) could be less though.

BisonKent
03-15-2009, 04:07 PM
StubHub is showing all eight sites with available tickets.

IndyBison
03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
StubHub is showing all eight sites with available tickets.

Of course they will. They have tickets for everything since it's a broker or seller site for those who bought tickets. There will always be a market for scalped tickets...just a matter of how much the market is driving the price. I believe some sites still have tickets left at the box office though.j

One thing to note...if you go to games this week, there is often a good market for tickets to the second day as the teams that lost the first day unload their tickets. Get them before the scalpers do though!

roadwarrior
03-15-2009, 06:53 PM
The NCAA website shows Kansas City, Portland and Boise sold out.

onbison09
03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
So it looks like we're probably playing on Friday unless we're in Portland?

IndyBison
03-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Not necessarily. NDSU could get assigned to any one of the 8 locations. 4 start on Thursday and 4 start on Friday. When you look at sample brackets, only look at seeding and opponents because that's really all anyone can predict, especially for the lower seeds.

Hansel
03-15-2009, 07:18 PM

or KC..........

roadwarrior
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Thurs-Sat
Greensboro
Kansas City
Philadelphia
Portland

Fri-Sun
Boise
Dayton
Miami
Minneapolis

A1pigskin
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
The way I understand how this works we could be playing at any one of the locations. MPLS would be great for us local fans but not a sure thing.