PDA

View Full Version : One of Those Teams

CaBisonFan
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
And I will stress 'team.' The Bison are one of the teams that I would not want to play if I were a high seed in the region.

The Bison are the proto-typical solid team that has the ability to overcome talent-laiden teams that are expected to win.

For example, if I were UCLA (my life-long DI team), I wouldn't want to draw North Dakota State. UCLA lacks their big man this year, but they're still expected to win this type of game.

I realize that comparative scores don't usually mean much, but we played USC straight up, and it didn't have the appearance of a near upset. I thought that we actually kind of gave the game to USC...with a little bit of help from a 'homer' official crew. Wink & Woody missed 4 free throws in the last couple of minutes...and we didn't shoot well at all near the end. We didn't bring our 'A' game that day. UCLA had a heck of a time with USC this year.

A draw of UCLA's caliber would be very cool...and also one that would really put a spotlight on the game. Also, I might actually get to see the game...hehe. Realizing that a UCLA draw isn't likely, my point is that while watching NDSU play USC, I really saw a 'team' nearly beat a future NBA roster. A team full of diaper dandies, to quote Dick Vitale. We're not a team full of All-Americans, but we are solid. If we can have a reasonable shooting game...watch out!

Translation: A first-round win is NOT out of the question...especially if we can get a 14 or 13 seed.

No matter who draws us...I would be 'very' afraid. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

IndyBison
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
And I will stress 'team.' The Bison are one of the teams that I would not want to play if I were a high seed in the region.

The Bison are the proto-typical solid team that has the ability to overcome talent-laiden teams that are expected to win.

For example, if I were UCLA (my life-long DI team), I wouldn't want to draw North Dakota State. UCLA lacks their big man this year, but they're still expected to win this type of game.

I realize that comparative scores don't usually mean much, but we played USC straight up, and it didn't have the appearance of a near upset. I thought that we actually kind of gave the game to USC...with a little bit of help from a 'homer' official crew. Wink & Woody missed 4 free throws in the last couple of minutes...and we didn't shoot well at all near the end. We didn't bring our 'A' game that day. UCLA had a heck of a time with USC this year.

A draw of UCLA's caliber would be very cool...and also one that would really put a spotlight on the game. Also, I might actually get to see the game...hehe. Realizing that a UCLA draw isn't likely, my point is that while watching NDSU play USC, I really saw a 'team' nearly beat a future NBA roster. A team full of diaper dandies, to quote Dick Vitale. We're not a team full of All-Americans, but we are solid. If we can have a reasonable shooting game...watch out!

Translation: A first-round win is NOT out of the question...especially if we can get a 14 or 13 seed.

No matter who draws us...I would be 'very' afraid. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

The drawback to a lot of publicity this week and next is we won't sneak up on anyone, especially if we are picked by many as a potential upset. There's no reason this team can't be one of those loser seeded upsets. If they are a 13 seed or higher (which they almost definitely will be), they will play a higher seeded team in the first round than the second round. 13 would play either a 5 or 12, 14 would play 6 or 11, 15 would play 7 or 10.