PDA

View Full Version : Pressure

roadwarrior
03-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Five whole years of pressure was just removed from the shoulders of our senior players. The whole plan of them having one chance but ONLY one chance to get to the NCAA tournament. This season had enormous pressure on the guys to meet their goals. The past 4 weeks has been intense. Get that #1 seed in the conference tournament! It took a great game on the last night of the regular season to get it done. All that gave them though was the consolation prize: the NIT. They still had to go out there three times in a row and get victories. Imagine what was going through their minds when we were down by 14 points in the first half against Oakland! Or even down by 10 points at 50-60 with only minutes to play. When the horn sounded and we all started celebrating, it removed all of the pressure. Its gone. History. They have met their goal set five years ago!

Next week when the guys get on the big stage there will be a ton of excitement and nerves, but the pressure they have had to deal with this season will not be resting on their shoulders. Who knows? Maybe they will exceed the goals by winning a game in the NCAA tournament.

GOB1SON
03-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Five whole years of pressure was just removed from the shoulders of our senior players. The whole plan of them having one chance but ONLY one chance to get to the NCAA tournament. This season had enormous pressure on the guys to meet their goals. The past 4 weeks has been intense. Get that #1 seed in the conference tournament! It took a great game on the last night of the regular season to get it done. All that gave them though was the consolation prize: the NIT. They still had to go out there three times in a row and get victories. Imagine what was going through their minds when we were down by 14 points in the first half against Oakland! Or even down by 10 points at 50-60 with only minutes to play. When the horn sounded and we all started celebrating, it removed all of the pressure. Its gone. History. They have met their goal set five years ago!

Next week when the guys get on the big stage there will be a ton of excitement and nerves, but the pressure they have had to deal with this season will not be resting on their shoulders. Who knows? Maybe they will exceed the goals by winning a game in the NCAA tournament.

AMEN!

Well said.

Herd80
03-12-2009, 02:28 AM
Excellent message Road. This group had to feel immense pressure to meet the goals they set for themselves, along with the expectations voiced by everyone surrounding them. This has been 5 years in the making, all focused on one week, one game. Simply amazing that they accomplished it. Congratulations guys, have fun the rest of the way out...however long that may last. It's all about you guys, the rest of us are fortunate to be able to enjoy the ride you are giving us.

tjraider35
03-12-2009, 03:08 AM
I know a lot of analyst seed us at like 13 - 15.. but I honestly would not be surprised if we get seeded higher, at like 10 or 11

HoopsBison
03-12-2009, 03:13 AM
well said anything from here on out is just icing on the cake, and some sweet icing it would be.

Bring on whoever!!!!!!

bisonfan07
03-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Good post Road. I agree that they must have felt some sort of pressure throughout the year, with everything leading up to this one game their senior season, but.....from what i've seen, they have never really looked like they have played like a team that has pressure on them. From what i've seen they've always played with a quiet confidence this year, like they knew they would accomplish this task all along.

BisBison
03-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Good post Road. I agree that they must have felt some sort of pressure throughout the year, with everything leading up to this one game their senior season, but.....from what i've seen, they have never really looked like they have played like a team that has pressure on them. From what i've seen they've always played with a quiet confidence this year, like they knew they would accomplish this task all along.

agreed, but still played real tight the first 15 minutes or so.

90 BISON
03-12-2009, 04:04 AM
I know a lot of analyst seed us at like 13 - 15.. but I honestly would not be surprised if we get seeded higher, at like 10 or 11

Would be very stunned if we got a 12 seed! If we get a 10 or 11 we should all be doing backflips! Come on upsets!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

SlickVic
03-12-2009, 04:04 AM
thats a first ballet hall of famer if ive ever seen one road ;)

unbison
03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey TJ.....10 or11 ..... Wow.....easy on d pipe after a big win

WYOBISONMAN
03-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Road....

I agree with you, and I think now that the pressure is off somewhat, they boys will be loos, out to have a great time, and a first round W is very much in play. I will see you AT THE DANCE!